Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 15-02-2015, 04:40 PM
wanderlusterer

Smile Lords Prayer (christianity) link with chakras and buddhism

So, I came across an interesting article on 1paradigm.org describing kuji-in hand seals, which are hand mudras that were used in japan. These are usually accompanied by mantras. The author gave "christan versions" of the mantras as well, probably for christian users who were worried about worshipping the devil if they said the sanskrit/japanese mantras. Im not sure if he realised what was possibly in front of him, but it sparked a thought that i will attempt to express here.

Right? Now, assuming some words may have been lost in translation and time, if we were to describe each prase backwards (as from a chakra point of view it would be easier to understand. In some eastern languages the sentences are often phrased in "reverse". I hope that made sense ):

Deliver us from evil (harm/illness/negativity) This would refer to meditating of the importance of existing and surviving without negative influences. The root chakra. The kuji-in sign is Rin, meant to invoke physical strength.

Lead us not into temptation. To control our emotions, lust and desires. The sacral chakra empowers not only our will and drive for pleasure but also to control those urges. The sign is kyo. To help energy flow within and outside us.

The next one is a full sentence broken into two. As such, it is further switched:
Forgive us our trespasses. We are looking inward to our higher selves/source consciousness to allow us to forgive ourselves. The solar plexus chakra is linked with self acceptance and confidence to be who we are. Toh hand sign enhances harmony with the universe.

As we forgive those who trespass against us. Forgiving each other could be linked to the heart chakra, accepting others as we wish to be accepted, and love. the hand sign is Sha, for healing.

Give us this day our daily bread. Not as obvious, but I take it to mean, provide us with information and knowledge as we are able to process it, nothing more, nothing less. Linked to the throat chakra, communication and understanding, as well as self expression. Kai hand sign raises awareness and helps with inner reflection.

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven in wicca it could be "as above, so below". The first realisation that everything physical may have a spiritual side. Like how the physical body has a spirit in a "parallel plane" or crystals may have energies and vibrations on that parallel plane that interacts with our spirit/auras. The third eye chakra. The Jin hand seal, to help with outward reflection.

Thy kingdom come. Welcoming the God/source/great spirit to enter and be channeled into us. The crown chakra. The Retsu hand seal, for altering perception and perceiving energies.

(Our father who art in heaven) hallowed be thy name . I think of it as a reflection or what some circles refer to as the Soul Star chakra, a point outside of the body above the head. The hand sign is Zai, said to aid in manifesting reality.

This could the the bracketed our father part, or simply nothing at all?. It is the state of enlightenment the buddhists know as zen. Returning to the god consciousness. The hand seal is the popular Zen mudra, and there is no chakra for this, as it is all encompassing.

So there's a long (and hopefully interesting if nothing more) read . I hope to hear your ideas on the topic. Perhaps some parts may need refining or adjustments to make more sense, but i think the pattern is too strong to ignore. Please note that this does not "defy" christianity, but rather point out that everyone might have have been preaching the same thing, just using different ways according to time and culture.

The page that sparked this idea is Lesson X (the last one) at 1paradigm.org. I am not allowed to post links as of yet, sorry. You may have noticed that i have changed some mudras to corresponding hand seals, but the focus was mainly to link between the "mantras" and the chakra system, leading up to zen
Old 16-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Master

I am a Christian by birth and I love and respect my religion, but I am also open to others as I believe like everybtin in life there are multiple perspectives but we are all looking at the same things....
I loved this connection of the Lord's Prayer and the chakras
This was a perfect example....
Old 16-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Ascender
I am not religious but respect all people who are
Old 17-02-2015, 04:22 AM
aetherian

Those most religious do not belong to a church.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:02 PM
Guide

very insightful
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 22-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Master
This isn't the first time I have heard chakra connection to the Lord's Prayer.

It isn't too much of a stretch. Jesus was aware of these things but he spoke in a simplistic way because of the times and impoverished state he and his world lived in. Poverty doesn't just mean loss of money, it covers intellect, mentality, education and everything else.

Our Father who art in Heaven is definitely reference to the "crown chakra" where the Divine, the soul, the Holy Spirit is all indwelling. That is where we access the Great Spirit (the Father). Hallowed by thy name, holy is your Vibration.- third eye, Psychic sense. Thy kingdom come (throat), thy will be done (the heart), on earth (the heart chakra again which connects the top and bottoms) as it is in heaven (Crown is awakened by our heart), give us this day our daily bread (stomach chakra for physical and mental nourishment), and forgive us our trespasses (lower stomach chakra) as we forgive those who trespass against us(pelvis) and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil (the lower three chakras where the Ego and passions dwell and must be and aligned with the Father/crown).

Jesus was trying to make everyone aware of God's presence within the whole person, their entire Soul and body and how we can personally access the Divine on our own without any mediators, priests, or whoever with chants and rituals. The Our Father can be practiced in meditation as we focus on all the energy in our body and our Soul.
Old 22-02-2015, 06:48 PM
wanderlusterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
on earth (the heart chakra again which connects the top and bottoms) as it is in heaven (Crown is awakened by our heart)

Thats really interesting. I do indeed see the heart as a sort of bridge between the lower three and higher three chakras, and I have also read on a primary or higher heart chakra and secondary or lower heart chakra. Will have to think more about that :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
The Our Father can be practiced in meditation as we focus on all the energy in our body and our Soul.

Exactly
Old 23-02-2015, 06:41 AM
Master
The heart is where the Christ Consciousness is manifest or unconscious depending on the person. That is why Jesus appeared to a Saint as "the Sacred Heart", he manifested in a vision holding his heart. It is from your heart, where your innate purity; the Christ consciousness dwells.

The Christ consciousness is also the bridge between Spirit and matter, Soul and body, just as the Heart chakra is the bridge between the three higher Spiritual chakras, and the lower three Egoic ones for development. Soul and Body, Spirit and Matter, God and Human, etc.

All dualities and distinctions come to a unity in the Christ consciousness.

That is why in the Acts by Paul he says we have one mediator between God and Man, Christ Jesus. He is referring to the state of Christ-consciousness Jesus was in. That is the mediation between God and ourselves.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:19 PM
wanderlusterer

I guess Jesus may have been an average man who attained a Christ consciousness. Perhaps he said "no one comes to the father (Source) except through Christ consciousness", but it was later interpreted to mean "through me", because the names Jesus and Christ were used interchangeably?
After all, Buddha also said "Those who saw me by my form and those who followed me by my voice have acted incorrectly. Those people will not see me" and “those who see the dharma will see me; those who see me will see the dharma." Sounds pretty similar I feel?
Old 28-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Chirpyrosa

Arrow R i s e

My Philosophy: Time and tide wait for None.

Hello

I read your Post.

I think you have been going about Egyptian Mantras?

Do you have any more to share?

Please hand over them to Me !

Grateful here !

Blessings