Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 14-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Taurus/Gemini

Adhd

Does anyone know a natural remedy for adhd? I rather natural remedy over modern medicine.zzzzzzzzz
Old 14-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Yamah

Meditation.
Old 14-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Medium_Laura

I found this online, not sure if it works though.

http://www.synaptol.com/?utm_source=...=herbal%20adhd
Old 14-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Master
In using supplements and vitamins, I hear that the B=complex vitamins are a big big help. Been a while since I read up on that.

Also, check out wildestcolts.com

Old 28-11-2011, 04:55 AM
beatnikbean

I read a study about diffusing essential oils at night. Cedarwood and lavender. Vetiver is also a known oil for it. I just ordered these and need to gets diffuser to try with my son. I'll let you know the progress.
Old 30-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Juliette

My second cousin had ADHD and it was (I hesitate to use the word "cured") but extremely manageable just by changing diets.

If you are really interested about using a natural approach to calming the symptoms down a bit, you should look into what is called a raw vegan diet. It doesn't have to be drastic, you can still keep cooked food in there and meat and milk and whatever you would like, just that it is extremely essential that your body is based on leafy greens, fruit, vegetables and a bit of nuts and seeds. Everything we eat today is coated in steroids, antibiotics, pesticides and artificial... everything! I do find that the Adhd body is very sensitive to what's going on around it (at least that's what I have been told by their mother) so the best way is exercise, doing what you love to do, not being tied down by anything and having a healthy diet.

Everyone is slightly allergic (some more than others) to these things: gluten, dairy, corn products, soy and peanuts. They have a type of sensitivity that grows over time, so one might not even start to notice symptoms until they are 50, some not at all, but if they take them out they feel much better. I suffer from extreme anxiety and panic attacks constantly. It turns out it was all how my body was made up, my diet was made off of the standard one, meat, salad here and there, dairy, peanut butter and jelly occasionally, a treat here and there, juice, rice, pasta, etc. Nothing out of the ordinairy. But when I took the allergens out, especially gluten, I felt great! And then I switched to raw vegan over the course of 2 years and I feel better by the day, you have to do it right and it takes a lot of time and energy for research and preparation, but it is worth it if you are interested. Then I added in exercise and stretching and I am pretty much only beginning those two things, but already I can handle things better, I am not as overwhelmed and just in general more happy and content.

I don't have ADHD so cannot completely understand what's going on, but I do have the close relative with it and they are doing great, honorary student in school, creating educational school clubs constantly and making sure they are doing what they want to in their spare time of drawing and athletic activities.

Hope this helps, if you're interested, at least look at the benefits of Raw diet and see if it's for you, if you would like to and are interested you could private chat me on here and I could help you start out on just simple things to add etc.

If not(and it's not for everyone) good luck on your natural remedy journey:)
Old 30-05-2012, 05:49 PM
sesheta

There was a study done a while back, regarding ADHD & food dyes. They took a group of kids who were ADHD, removed all food/drink from their diet that contained yellow food dye...and within 72 hrs., their ADHD symptoms started to disappear.
There does seem to be a big link between diet and ADHD, so you may want to experiment with removing separate items from your diet and see how it affects things.
Also - if this applies to you - try literally turning things off! When you're at home, see if you can survive without the TV on, no radio on, nothing...just quiet. This will allow you to be calm and focus...meditation is a great idea, too!
Old 30-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Master
i'd go along with diet. its the foundation of improving and recovering health imo. i'd avoid too much raw personally. definitely 100% organic, low g.i. (glycaemic index). i would also avoid personal care and domestic chemical like deodorants, perfumes and conventional washing powders...scent free is best. tai chi is great for grounding the mind. get checked for gluten intolerance as that can cause mant psychologicval problems. avoid, whenever possible, pharmaceutical meds. no wi-fi as this is being banned in some schools in the uk for triggering adhd, limit mobile phone use, don't have an i-phone (as these receive and transmit pretty much constantly as they act as a base station for other i-phones---its why the batteries don't last long), n3

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 30-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Deactivated Account
I think the correct medication from a doctor should be given to someone with ADHD, it's a very real condition, use complementary therapies by all means if it helps and the Dr is ok with with it.
Why do people feel the need to withdraw much needed medication from their children, would you withdraw inhalers from an asthmatic child, (you'd likely be prosecuted if you did.)

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 31-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Master
hi Daisy, if you're referring to my post then i said, "whenever possible, avoid"...not don't give them.
where has anyone implied its not real?
i believe amphetamine is one drug used to control adhd...surely if you can control with diet or other factors then thats preferable no? my doctor can't stand complimentary therapy. the OP is asking for natural remedy advice and the forum subsection is "natural remedies".
n3

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."