Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Master
Did the Devil make them do it?

Devil is a rebellious demon that tempts humans to commit evil deeds.

Hitler hated Jewish persons because they were the largest non-German ethnic minority in Central Europe and were regarded as parasites. He killed 1.5 Million people over 5 years. Was hitler a puppet of the Devil? That's as pure evil as evil can get.

My question is, do you believe the Devil is on Earth personally tempting humans such as Hitler, Charles Manson, or Jack the Ripper to commit such acts horror?

Or are humans born with a seed of evil in them and thus can go either way? Does society have more influence on the output of a human's development than religion?

What are your thoughts on the cause of the most evil acts committed by humans?

Blackraven
Old 01-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Master
I would guess a complicated mix of psychology, temptations for political power, fear, and cowardice, just to name a few factors.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Master
We are all born and whatever happens happens, whatever label you put on it is up to you, your label will be determined by your particular up bringing or programming, that is of whatever belief systems you have.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Pugsley

we are all born INTO sin, not WITH sin. i believe that we all have a need to do good! but your good and my good is not the same thing!
Hitler believed that he was doing good! (for a while anyway) that he was doing the world a favor!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Devil is a rebellious demon that tempts humans to commit evil deeds.

Hitler hated Jewish persons because they were the largest non-German ethnic minority in Central Europe and were regarded as parasites. He killed 1.5 Million people over 5 years. Was hitler a puppet of the Devil? That's as pure evil as evil can get.

My question is, do you believe the Devil is on Earth personally tempting humans such as Hitler, Charles Manson, or Jack the Ripper to commit such acts horror?

Or are humans born with a seed of evil in them and thus can go either way? Does society have more influence on the output of a human's development than religion?

What are your thoughts on the cause of the most evil acts committed by humans?

Blackraven

Humans were given free will (I know some people believe in predetermination) as such I think, we are mostly responsible for what we do, no matter how good or how evil.

Furthermore if there is some evil being that exists like the devil. I think he/it would more encourage/inspire evil deeds, much in the same way one might say they had a divine inspiration. So I guess if the devil does exist he is like the cheerleader for evil rather than making people do anything.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Ascender

The Devil may only tempt. In the end, it's the individuals choice that determines the outcome of their actions. I think everyone has to be accountable for their own actions and to say something was a cause of something else is scapegoating. Life grants us the will to make decisions so ultimately it's up to us to listen to our heart and not our brain to do what's right.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Master
I agree with the premise that there is an evil force on this planet that will tempt a human being to do bad things, such as you talked about ***ROM*** and because this is a Christian thread I did Catholic research on demonic possession because I know the history of the church on such matters. The Vatican at one point in time made claims that Hitler was possessed though many were up in arms about this as they thought the Pope was making excuses for the atrocities of Hitler and thus rejected the absurd idea. There is a brief article you might want to check out below. I neither agree nor disagree with the premise of possession. I do believe we all make conscious choices in life based on many factors.

http://www.ncregister.com/site/artic...new_the_devil/

Blackraven
Old 01-05-2011, 10:52 PM
HBuck72

I think the devil is the ultimate scapegoat. People make their own decisions, good or ill. I think it is easier to simply say the devil made me/them do it, instead of focusing on the unbalanced society or personal ego that allowed the action to take place.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Ascender
I don't think there is a devil.

If you look at the choices Hitler made, he didn't think he was evil. There were many choices and factors driving those choices in his life. I don't think there was some unseen, evil force driving his decisions.

I think "the devil made me do it" is used to people don't take responsibility for the choices they make.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuck72
I think the devil is the ultimate scapegoat. People make their own decisions, good or ill. I think it is easier to simply say the devil made me/them do it, instead of focusing on the unbalanced society or personal ego that allowed the action to take place.

AHH, you beat me to it!