Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 22-02-2011, 12:09 AM
aislynnmari

Arrow Anyone know what this sigil, or "symbol" means?

Does anyone recognize this symbol? I auto-drew it when asked to draw my own symbol that represented myself.

I hand-drew it, so sorry for this crude MS-Paint rendition of it.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Aislynn
Old 22-02-2011, 12:32 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aislynnmari
Does anyone recognize this symbol? I auto-drew it when asked to draw my own symbol that represented myself.

I hand-drew it, so sorry for this crude MS-Paint rendition of it.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Aislynn

I haven't seen this particular symbol before, but it is made up of different symbols. You could possibly find your meaning by breaking it down into the individual symbols. The meaning you are seeking may lay within the multiple symbols.

nightowl
Old 22-02-2011, 12:35 AM
aislynnmari

Thanks Nightowl... I thought the same thing. But I have absolutely no background in symbology. Unless you count reading one of Dan Brown's books... haha (I kid, I kid)

Any insight on the individual symbols, then?
Old 22-02-2011, 01:13 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aislynnmari
Thanks Nightowl... I thought the same thing. But I have absolutely no background in symbology. Unless you count reading one of Dan Brown's books... haha (I kid, I kid)

Any insight on the individual symbols, then?

I will be happy to help. Might I suggest though, since it is meaningful for you, that you break them down as you see they would be individually. Circles and triangles can have different meanings. Arrows are typically seen as directional indicators.
Much of the meaning may be discovered as you research the symbols. It can be very individual to you. Usually something will jump out at you during your research that you will find a connection with, it will speak to your spirit. There are symbol sites online they can be helpful as well.
Old 23-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Enya

IT's very balanced and connected...
Old 23-02-2011, 08:30 PM
nightowl

Your right Enya, it does have a very stabile consturction to it...
Old 04-03-2011, 11:54 PM
dhaga

The flat line at the bottom seems to indicate you are grounded, and you have the freedom to explore in any direction you choose (if I remember my geometry, the -> means a line with no end).

I agree with the notes of symmetry above, too; also important in understanding the total. As you are complex, so is this symbol :)
Old 21-03-2011, 02:37 AM
Oak2004

A sigil has meaning to you. You tell us, or better yet, don't.
Old 21-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Merlin6

Hello Aislynnmari,

Symbols are the language of dreams and each individual component of a symbol can have many different meanings.

Starting at the centre, the small circle may be a focus point, and also contain a symbol of its own, such as an alphabetical letter of a particular language, (usually Hebrew or Latin etc but there are many) which has a particular meaning to the owner.
It can be a gemstone, the qualities of which are also sympathetic to the owner. Or it may depict the Universal Egg. What it represents is entirely up to you, its creator.

The outer circle can mean enlightenment, or depict the sphere of the Universe, or the Ring-Pass-Not. There are many meanings to choose from, but most importantly it means what you want it to mean. It's your symbol.

The upward pointing triangle can express the element of fire, or the male principle, or the direction of South, or the Tetragramaton etc and be adorned with other symbols of language or words of power.

The four arrows may mean the cardinal compass points, although I notice the base line has no arrow point. Again, it means what you want it to mean.

Symbols, talismen and amulets have similar functions. They can be self-charging and draw the desired vibration from the Universe to the owner, but can also draw energy from the owner for it's own purposes, so be careful what you construct.

Decide what you want your symbol to represent, then go about adorning it with other symbols which have meaning to you and your desired goal.
It is paramount you do your homework first though. You don't want to finish up with something that has a life of its own and depletes you instead of strengthening and protecting you.

There are many publications available on this subject.
Have fun and good luck.

Regards
Merlin6
Old 31-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Greenslade

The triangle with the circle is Lyran, it is usually worn by the high priests and the like. Sometimes the symbol has a circle imprinted on it, sometimes it's a round hole. The outside circle depicts Point of Origin - where it all started. For you it depicts where you started, your own personal Point of Origin. The arrows depict direction. The ones coming from the base depicts you going outwards from your base, ie yourself. The vertical arrow depicts you going through your Point of Origin to something beyond - like the circles most people perceive we go around in.

As has been said before, draw your own conclusions from it because it's your symbol.