Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-04-2011, 02:38 AM
New Rage Guru

Christ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
That's the Bible's message. The Bible says you have to follow the Bible...What's important is the message that Christ tried to get across. I think that's what defines a Christian. And I think it's up to each of us to intrepret it as we can.

So if I interpret the bible as an inner dialogue dealing with energy and vibration and see Christ as an energetic understanding that we are in fact not ever separate from the source we choose to call “God” but that we are always with our father (farther) in Heaven. Then does that define me as a Christian?
Hmmmm...
Peace Yo
Old 29-04-2011, 02:46 AM
New Rage Guru

Stuff up!

Echo & The Bunnymen - Silver lyrics

Swung from a chandelier
My planet sweet on a silver salver
Bailed out my worst fears
'Cause man has to be his own saviour
Blind sailors
Imprisoned jailers
God tame us
No one to blame us
The sky is blue
My hands untied
A world that's true
Through our clean eyes
Just look at you
With burning lips
You're living proof
At my fingertips
Walked on a tidal wave
Laughed in the face of a brand new day
Food for survival thought
Mapped out the place where I planned to stay
All the way
Well behaved
Just in case
It slips away

Last edited by New Rage Guru : 29-04-2011 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Put a message in the wrong post???
Old 29-04-2011, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Rage Guru
So if I interpret the bible as an inner dialogue dealing with energy and vibration and see Christ as an energetic understanding that we are in fact not ever separate from the source we choose to call “God” but that we are always with our father (farther) in Heaven. Then does that define me as a Christian?
Hmmmm...
Peace Yo
You would be to me. And, to me, that's all that is important.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard
I have beena Christian since I was a child. For the life of me, I have not related to the concept of hell, eternal punishment, etc. This sound s alot like early greek/pagan religions that were implemented into Christianity for the sake of fear/control.

How can a glorious, loving, and redeeming God ever submit any soul to such endless torture? And what is gained from such torture? God gains nothing from it.

Heaven (and hell) is a state of mind...nothing more.

Also, why would God create angels sinless and not have to earn salvation...But create man fallen from birth and have to earn it? Also seems as God could favor some over others. Like lucky me for being born in US instead of India in which my journey would be 1000 times harder.

Man wasn't created in sin. Adam and Eve were pure until they ate from the tree. Of course God would have known that they would eat from the tree so I guess your point is still valid, as it amounts to the same thing in the end. Also the angels may be free of sin but they also lack free will, so it's a trade off.

So ultimately, I love God, relate to Jesus more than anyone, but can never accept these hellish dogmatci views hich depict God worse than any human ever to live. Without using a 'get off the hook without thinking" scritpure...Answer with your own heart and from love and tell me how you feel.

Frankly I agree with you. The Bible does a poor job presenting God as anything that I have come to understand Him to be. One thing that changed that for me was reading the Bible and only really paying attention to the words of Jesus. You will be surprised at the things he says, and more surprised at the things he doesn't. It really changes the whole concept of Christianity.
Old 29-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Rage Guru
Hmmmm...
Peace Yo

W00t!!! Yes, it's a personal spiritual journey.

Others may say you're not because you do not follow their particular flavor of Christianity, their particular interpretation of the Bible, their necessary dogma. But that's just it, they're trying to say their particular way is the "Truth" and therefore, the only way. They're wrong. That's their interpretation, their "truth".

I'm convinced we must each interpret Christ's message ourselves, in a manner that works for us. Our soul will tell us. If we do so, then we can call ourselves a Christian.

To expound further, there are also other with whom Christ's message doesn't resonate. Their spiritual path lies elsewhere. That's OK too. Be it Buddhist, Jewish, Wiccan, Muslim, Zoroastrian, or whatever. God loves us all no matter what path we're on.
Old 29-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Awww, now you've gone and used the Bible to verify the Bible again. It isn't that hard. You got it right in the first paragraph.
What I said in my first paragraph was based on what the Bible says. If you reject the authority of the Bible then you must also reject what I said there.
Old 29-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
What I said in my first paragraph was based on what the Bible says. If you reject the authority of the Bible then you must also reject what I said there.

No I don't. It's not an all or nothing proposition for me as it is for you.

For me, it's not about the Bible being the "Authority" or "The Word Of God". I think much of Christ's message is contained in it. I think some of Christ's message was also left out of it for various reasons. And, to me, it's Christ's message of Love that's important, whereever we find it.
Old 29-04-2011, 07:18 PM
tariki

Quote:
No I don't. It's not an all or nothing proposition for me as it is for you.

For me, it's not about the Bible being the "Authority" or "The Word Of God". I think much of Christ's message is contained in it. I think some of Christ's message was also left out of it for various reasons. And, to me, it's Christ's message of Love that's important, whereever we find it.

triner, I would agree. Christ goes far beyond any particular definition contained in words, even Biblical words. Christ is The Word, a Person, not a book, however venerated. (Biblical literalism/fundamentalism/conservatism is in a very real sense a "modernism", dating back to the declaration of sola scriptua by Luther in the 16th century.)

There are some fine words spoken of the Dharma, the heart of the Buddhist Faith........The dharma can be discovered through the Buddhist tradition, but Buddhism is by no means the only sourse of dharma. Dharma can be defined as anything that awakens selflessness and brings the direct experience of egolessness. The teachings of Christ are perfumed with dharma. There is dharma in jazz, in beautiful gardens, in literature, in Sufi dance, in shaman healing, in projects to care for the homeless and clean up the inner cities, in Catholic ritual, in meaningful and competent work. There is dharma in anything that causes us to respect the innate softness and intelligence of ourselves and others. When the Buddhist system is applied properly, it does not turn us inward toward our own organizations, practices, and ideas, but outward toward the whole vast world of universal dharma. The system has suceeded when the Buddhist can recognise the true dharma at the core of all other religions and disciplines that are based on respect for the human image, and has no need to reject them.

It is not difficult to see such sentiments as being applicable to Christ.

The spirit blows where it will...............as the Good Book says.
Old 30-04-2011, 02:27 AM
New Rage Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

That is important.
Peace.