Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by agiosotheos
Is this a serious question?

Christianity I have the most experience with

this process should have nothing to do with war.

yes it is a serious question

try and get out more, christianity today may not be what you think it is

again, spiritual war, do you know what that means
Old 24-04-2011, 05:31 AM
agiosotheos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James

I'm interacting with Christians everyday in a religious and even particularly doctrinal context. Don't attempt to fall back on the idea that I don't have sufficient experiential knowledge. You have no idea what experience I have.

Quote:
again, spiritual war, do you know what that means

Oh great. The apparent meaning (and probably even the one you originally intended) fails so you waffle off to this "spiritual warfare" idea.

Well it won't do you any good anyway. Yes, I know what it means, and it doesn't even have to do with combating other humans, but rather demons.
Old 24-04-2011, 11:46 AM
hippocratie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Something else that is important to remember about history and the influence of religion in the history is it rarely was the only reason that countries went to war. Much of the catalyst had to do with obtaining land, wealth and resources.
Yeah the Church knew that too
Old 24-04-2011, 11:55 AM
hippocratie

Strange, no mention of Malta, just the other guy. Te suppose de lave ta cheveaux pas ta tete.
Old 24-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Don't attempt to fall back on the idea that I don't have sufficient experiential knowledge.

that is what you said, most of your experience is in christianity
Old 25-04-2011, 12:29 AM
agiosotheos

Quote:
that is what you said, most of your experience is in christianity

Right...

You were suggesting that I didn't have sufficient experience with Christianity:

Quote:

so referring back to my having more experience with Christianity than others (which doesn't even indicate that I have a significant lack of experience with others compared to most) doesn't make sense.
Old 25-04-2011, 12:37 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippocratie
Strange, no mention of Malta, just the other guy. Te suppose de lave ta cheveaux pas ta tete.

Not sure what you mean here

Would you like to tell us about Malta?
Old 25-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Ascender
Quote:
...You were suggesting that I didn't have sufficient experience with Christianity...

...so referring back to my having more experience with Christianity than others...

not really, what would be "sufficient experience"? feel free to explain if you want

yes, the question really is what are you comparing christianity to, as in what other relgion(s) do you have "sufficient experience" with to use as a comparison.
Old 25-04-2011, 08:58 PM
agiosotheos

Quote:
not really, what would be "sufficient experience"? feel free to explain if you want

yes, the question really is what are you comparing christianity to, as in what other relgion(s) do you have "sufficient experience" with to use as a comparison.

I don't see how comparison to other traditions is relevant here. What is being debated is whether those who believe in conversion of other religious groups believe in waging war upon them. The answer to the debate is simply whether they A) believe that it does involve waging war or B) believe it does not involve waging war. The way this answer is derived is from speaking to people who believe in conversion of other religious groups and asking they if A or B is true. How is comparison to other religious groups necessary here?
Old 26-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Ascender
Quote:
...How is comparison to other religious groups necessary here?

it may not, but it goes back to the OP, why did the they need warships with crosses on the sail to show they would die for their god. if you were going to lay down your life for something, would you do it blindly or would you do some research first.