Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-04-2011, 05:05 PM
grue21

Its a personal choice, however its not required. Generaly i dont wear a cross but have been doing so for the past few months. It reminds me to take up my cross daily with Christ and is only really for my benefit, not to show to others. The bible says we are to show other that we are christians primarily by our lifestyle and goodworks. people should look at us and think 'wow! i want a piece of what he's got'
Old 23-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
I wear a cross because:

My mom was a Catholic, who maybe missed mass three times in her whole life. She never analyzed or questioned; thought too much about it. She was so simple, and strong. Well, after she passed my daughter said we should each get a tattoo of a cross in memory of her strong faith. Then we decided why not wear a cross around our necks, instead. I think it was more on her part to do this. Well, she bought one and decided it was too delicate for her, but thought it more suited me. So, I put it on and never took it off, except maybe twice to get some X-rays. She got another one, but never actually wore it. The chain has broke several times, but I always replaced it. My neck would feel empty without it. I think maybe to me it is simply a symbol of Hope. Nothing less, nothing more. Does this sound crazy?? Because I never thought too much about why I wear a cross.

Celeste - I just wanted to get back to you and tell you I didn't overlook your lovely post here. Your tribute to your mother is a loving dedication using the cross. I am very touched. I know someone whose brother died at the young age of 24. Before he died he gave him a cross. He hangs that cross in his truck from his rear view mirror. Everywhere he drives he takes the memory of his brother with him. Your story reminded me of his story. Thank you for sharing.

Blackraven
Old 23-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by grue21
Its a personal choice, however its not required. Generaly i dont wear a cross but have been doing so for the past few months. It reminds me to take up my cross daily with Christ and is only really for my benefit, not to show to others. The bible says we are to show other that we are christians primarily by our lifestyle and goodworks. people should look at us and think 'wow! i want a piece of what he's got'

grue21 - I used to sing in a choir when I was a child "They will know we are Christians by our love..." I think that about sums up what you are saying here. Thank you for the gentle reminder that it is our actions that demonstrates one is a Christian or a good person, not a cross around a neck.

Blackraven