Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 06-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Alternatives to sunscreen?

What is some alternatives to sunscreen? Sunscreen is known to cause cancer, or some say, and it does have bad chemicals that I do not wish to put onto my skin.

Any natural ways?
Old 07-05-2016, 03:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Hat, shirt, Umbrella.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 07-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator
Cocoa butter and zinc oxide cream mixed together apparently works (?) Am I right?
Unless the sun is particularly fierce, I like to give myself 30 minutes with NO sunscreen to get plenty of vitamin D first. Strangely, there have been cases of childhood Rickets cropping up more and more (this is a Victorian disease, which was common in industrial cities where people were confined to factories and never saw the sun!) -caused by smothering children in so much sunscreen they never get any natural vitamin D!
Obviously common sense is required.

A beautiful parasol would be a charming investment for when shade is the best plan. Those Chinese ones are so lovely. Long sleeved loose white cotton garments also help.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Guide

Real Aloe from fresh Aloe Leaves ~

Coconut Milk

Castor Oil
Old 27-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Newbie ;)

I love using coconut oil. While it doesn't provide as much spf, it does moisturize the skin and repair damages. In my experience the spf is just right for you to get some good ol vitamin D

I heard eating tomatoes before going out can help out too.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:34 AM
Pathfinder

"Hat, shirt, Umbrella".

Absolutely. That's the best way to go. Just cut down the UV exposure.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Seeker

Coconut Oil has low spf but works well

Aloe (pure from plant)

Zinc- very powerful and higher spf than the others

Badger makes a good natural sunscreen that I think includes the above things along with lavender oil.

If you are able to take in some sun first it is best. Building a good base tan will keep you from getting burned if your skin is of the type that will tan. I never use sunscreen and dont get burned. I do put aloe or coconut oil on after being in intense sun for long periods of time.

No matter what your skin type is, I think it is important to get the vitamins and energy the sun has to offer even if it is for short periods of time before putting on sunscreen or hiding under a umbrella.
Old 18-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Master
I agree you do need some sun...completely agree that a hat and covering up and avoiding strong sun are the best ways.

Sadly, over the last few years, I was forced to begin using sunscreen on face chest and arms if I am out in very strong sun for long periods of time once my dad was diagnosed with melanoma (he is doing ok for now, luckily).

I am extremely fair so I went along with it for the last 2 yrs and then this yr I just couldn't take putting on much of it anymore. I feel the cumulative lack of sunlight was bad for my mood and wellbeing, even though I can take very little directly in the strong midday heat of summer.

But this year, I have really only put it on the face and chest, and as little as possible...instead just avoiding the direct sun most days and skipping the sunscreen. I can already tell that I am doing much better this summer than the previous two summers, as a result.

The only time I break it out is if the sun is very strong &/or I can't avoid being out in it when it's still high in the sky. The legs and feet I simply try to cover, and I do cover shoulders and back...and I've taken to wearing loads of sunhats and shades.

How have I managed? Here's the big secret tip: 1 baby aspirin/day...it definitely makes you much more resistant to sunburn as I always got pink even after just 10 or 15 mins. Taking this helps loads!

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke