Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 23-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Master
Get behind the Sin, and Love the Soul is the real Jesus, the fake one made up by the elites is: Hate the sin, love the sinner.- the entire phrase is just pure negativity and hate. First you are hating something and second you are identifying the individual with the thing you hate- a complete oxymoron
Old 23-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Get behind the Sin, and Love the Soul is the real Jesus, the fake one made up by the elites is: Hate the sin, love the sinner.- the entire phrase is just pure negativity and hate. First you are hating something and second you are identifying the individual with the thing you hate- a complete oxymoron
Exactly. Saying I hate what those religious people do but I don't hate them is the same thing.
Old 23-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
I like this image a lot!
OK so buddhists don't believe in god, but they believe in goodness and cultivating the god within....
are we going to split twigs on this?

St. Paul quoted a Greek pagan poet to the Greek audience he was speaking to.
Concerning their tribute to, "The Unknown God", which he had seen in their city.
Quoting...
"In Him we live, and move, and have our being."

People are caught up with Labels. God is not.

Concerning Buddha...
"He refers to God as being the known, but unknowable, and that even an attempt to label the name God is insufficient to define the Absolute.

Below is Buddha’s description of the Absolute, in the Udana passage of the Kuddaka Nikaya:30

There is, O monks, an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed.

Were there not, O monks, this Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, there would be no escape from the world of the born, originated, created, formed.
Since, O monks, there is an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, therefore is there an escape from that born, originated, created, formed.

What is dependent, that also moves;
what is independent does not move.

Where there is no movement, there is rest;
where rest is, there is no desire;
where there is no desire, there is neither coming nor going; no ceasing-to-be; no further coming-to-be.

Where there is no ceasing-to-be, no further coming-to-be, there is neither this shore (this world) nor the other shore (Nibbana31), nor anything between them.
32 Udana 8:3"

(Cf. translation in Minor Anthologies, pg. 98.)

Club O - Buddha and God

The latter paragraph refer's to the situation of "Maya" in which we find ourselves. The transient and illusory nature of the material world reality, and life.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777

However, God hates certain things also. Which can be summed up in, "Ego", and related "Inurement" to this world.
"Habituation"...

Ego is part of the evolved animal/mammal situation in humanity. Re: the "Reptilian Brain".
http://www.myshrink.com/counseling-theory.php?t_id=86

Aka... "The Viper", "Serpent", "Dragons" etc, which Jesus cites also, regarding the status quo of the religious leaders of His time.

We are all in the same boat, "here", being human. Born in the time/space construct. - "Maya".
No exceptions.

Hence the need for recognition, and salvation born of God's love. The gift provided for us through and by, "The Lamb of God", and,
"Passover Lamb".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 23-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Hate the sin but love the sinner? Haha I remember that and always thought it sounded off.

There's no reason to be afraid to face our own prejudices, that's part of the whole problem, we are afraid to admit anything 'taboo' like hate since we're imposed standards in society to live up to, and we feel ashamed if we don't appear to follow it. Just like people who are prejudiced against blacks here in the US can't admit that they have hate, it's the same with the spiritual crowd when it comes to 'religion'. They will talk about religion all the time like it's the worse thing in the world, but call it hate to their face and they will deny it up and down. That's because we don't want to let go of our hate, so we pretend it doesn't exist. Add to that the fear of it in our society and the denial embeds even deeper. It's nothing to be afraid of though. Facing ourselves is the hardest thing to do in life but it's the most freeing.

We don't have to afraid to call a spade a spade, we can be fearless if we choose to despite society's pull towards fakeness. Go against the programming. Take responsibility for an emotion that all humans have, and we can begin to understand ourselves and others.
As I said, I hate the silly beliefs, its nothing to do with the ignorant people who so blindly follow those beliefs, now if you want to make a big deal over that, well that's up to you.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
As I said, I hate the silly beliefs, its nothing to do with the ignorant people who so blindly follow those beliefs, now if you want to make a big deal over that, well that's up to you.
lol it's like a merry go round talking to you. You have beliefs too that others might consider silly. You're no different than 'them'.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
lol it's like a merry go round talking to you. You have beliefs too that others might consider silly. You're no different than 'them'.
I didn't say I was different than anyone, I'm just simply sharing my thoughts with no beliefs attached, my thoughts might change tomorrow, big deal but at least I am not clinging to them.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Exactly. Saying I hate what those religious people do but I don't hate them is the same thing.
That's silly, of course it doesn't mean you hate the person, my god can't you see that!.
Old 25-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
That's silly, of course it doesn't mean you hate the person, my god can't you see that!.
Sure, it's a great way to spread hate and ignorance, and feel good about it at the same time. Fundamentalists love that kind of thinking.

Last edited by Seawolf : 25-08-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 25-08-2013, 05:46 AM
Master
Morpheus-

How can God hate something? Hate is an overcharged emotion mixed with anger and disgust.

To hate, and I mean really hate something or someone can just be as emotional or egotistical.

And there is no ego in God. Sure there must be some sort of "anger". But we are talking about an Universal Being, this isn't a personal being.

On a human level, anger is personal or at least becomes personal because of ego but all negative human traits stem from so many circumstances that sometimes have NOTHING to do with the human person. It is when the human person becomes attached, duped, and obsessed with the circumstance that they succumb to the negative emotion. That is the opposite of humans in finite matter, and God who is Divine in Infinite Consciousness.

Anger on a level we call "God" is far more impersonal. It can be expressed as a Law since we are dealing with the being that is the Absolute. Thus anger for God is completely business as usual or let us call it Cause and Effect- Karma. When the Old Testament prophets feared the "Anger of God" or the "Wrath of God", this referred to the Karmic Law that could pounch on a person, nation, or family based on their own personal bad actions or "sins".

But if God were to actually hate something that would mean that he is duping himself into his own illusionary matrix he created called "maya" or the outward expression of Creation. And God can not err, thus he can not hate.

That would mean that the divine image that God possesses and created us out of has hate in it. That would mean it is perfectly fine for me to hate things and become "fanatical". No it does not since fanaticism and hate are supercharged vibrations of anger or attachments to anger.

Of course evil must be shunned, exorcised, and be put away but remember how Jesus reacted to sinners, unclean spirits, and mad men. He even gave the evil spirits what they wanted and said nothing hateful about anything not even the Devil which he did at times accuse of crimes against the Universe- but never hated.