Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Seeker

Quest for Knowledge

please excuse my ignorance. Almost everything this forum discusses is kind of new to me. I recently had an event happen to me that I feel has done something to me. Almost as though I am waking up, if that makes any sense. Like a couple months ago I didn't believe in God and angels, now I'm beginning to believe I was previously incorrect. I don't quite believe in organized religion (maybe I never will) but I do believe in the energies I felt. But that's not the point of this post.

So I've been doing some light research into all this stuff. I've been loosely following the forums, reading about indigo children, crystals, NDE's and other various topics. I'm still in the process of making my mind up, deciding what I believe and what I feel is too far out of my comfort zone to believe. But there is one thing I am set on.

We all have (at minimum) 1 soul. I'm not convinced we have multiple souls, or twin souls. But I believe we all have a soul. And the NDE reports I have read have me believing, at this time, that we do have souls that reincarnate after our physical body dies. This idea of our souls reincarnating... It brings forth a couple questions...

1) What is the purpose of reincarnating? I think we do it, but I don't understand why

2) If the soul is on a journey, where is it going?

3) From what I gather, not all souls are the same age? Young and Old souls...So how does that work?

4)If all souls were created at the same time, is it simply the fact that some bodies die faster than others, thus those souls have a chance to reincarnate faster than the souls in bodies that live to be older?

5)Or, is there a greater purpose for our souls and once we have completed that purpose, our soul ascends into whatever is next?
Old 06-02-2018, 11:48 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Broselvet
please excuse my ignorance. Almost everything this forum discusses is kind of new to me. I recently had an event happen to me that I feel has done something to me. Almost as though I am waking up, if that makes any sense. Like a couple months ago I didn't believe in God and angels, now I'm beginning to believe I was previously incorrect. I don't quite believe in organized religion (maybe I never will) but I do believe in the energies I felt. But that's not the point of this post.

So I've been doing some light research into all this stuff. I've been loosely following the forums, reading about indigo children, crystals, NDE's and other various topics. I'm still in the process of making my mind up, deciding what I believe and what I feel is too far out of my comfort zone to believe. But there is one thing I am set on.

We all have (at minimum) 1 soul. I'm not convinced we have multiple souls, or twin souls. But I believe we all have a soul. And the NDE reports I have read have me believing, at this time, that we do have souls that reincarnate after our physical body dies. This idea of our souls reincarnating... It brings forth a couple questions...

1) What is the purpose of reincarnating? I think we do it, but I don't understand why

3) From what I gather, not all souls are the same age? Young and Old souls...So how does that work?

4)If all souls were created at the same time, is it simply the fact that some bodies die faster than others, thus those souls have a chance to reincarnate faster than the souls in bodies that live to be older?

5)Or, is there a greater purpose for our souls and once we have completed that purpose, our soul ascends into whatever is next?

I do like the questions you have raised, and am more than happy to offer my insight and hope it may resonate with you.

Although I was raised a Christian I too found that organised religion never truly sat well with me. I then went through an 'awakening', and started on a magical journey of self-discovery. On that journey I explored and experienced so many different things before arriving back at my true self so I can learn and develop and grow in the knowledge of who I am.

One of the things I learnt along my life path is that while labels help us understand things, if we use them for definitions then that brings compartmentalisation and expectation. So can become a constraint. By working through this and looking beyond labels, you come to realise that we are all the Eternal Universe having our own consciosus experience. Not as a seperate isolated individual, or a soul within a body, but we are in essence a body within the soul of the Universe.

So, I agree that we are not multiple souls or twin souls - or even 1 soul - as when you see beyond your individualism you realise that you extend into the Universe as the Universe extends into you. So you are 'One' with everyone and everything.

When it comes to reincarnation I belive that nothing is hidden from us. Consequently our unique consciousness dissipates as we make our transition back to Universal Consciousness. We as the Universe then experience everything anew through others who then come into being, with their own unique consciousness. The trick is to not look at your consciousness in isoltion to everyone else, but to see that everyone is the Universe experiencing itself.

With this in mind, I hope this helps answer your questions:

1) Reincarnation is not an individual consciousness continuing forever and all eternity, but we as the Universe are eternal with us reincarnating through all beings in all galaxys.

2) As we are not an individual soul, our jouney is to experience and rejoice in the beauty of everthing around us. To see if we can find our inner self as we play the divine game of hide and seek. To see that we are 'Source' and to become in touch with true reality so we can cherish every precious moment.

3) Each of us came from the Big Bang, where the consciousness of the Uninverse experiences itself through each of us. Where your time is 'now', as in mine. As the ony time is 'now'. So we are all a continuation of the Big Bang and not seperated by time from it. Think of the Universe as the most incredible piece of music playing naturally (without a deity playing it). Where we are each a note within this masterpiece playing in perfect harmony with all the other notes until our note fades and another is created. This to me is how I see reincarnation.

4) Each of us has 'Free Will'. So rather than having a prescribed Destiny, our Destiny is what we choose for ourselves.

5) As I don't believe in individual souls, there is no continuation after we die where our individual consciousness ceases to exist. However, we as Universal Consciouness will continue to exist in others who come into being

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 07-02-2018, 01:36 AM
Master

Quote:
from what I gather our 'real' life is elsewhere, coming here and having a 'body' is like putting on clothes or like getting in a car. There are all sorts of reasons given for the fact of it, depending on who you are and what you want. But the overarching reason behind everything else that is also going on in the current scheme of things is to promote 'life'
Quote:
in the long term:
'that they shall have life, and have it more abundantly'.

What 'life' looks like is undefined.
Quote:

exactly like children. A parent can have children of different ages? With the older ones being more in tune with life in the world? Older souls know the ropes better because they've been around longer and seen a lot more of what is going on, in the same way older children have seen more school. Younger souls tend to be more chaotic lol!
Quote:
actually reincarnation doesn't seem linear, to me. I bounce back and forth, I've spent a lot of time reincarnating as different people in the present day world for example. My present general reach is a few hundred years in the past to a few hundred years in the future with most of my time spent late 20th century . If all souls were 'created' at the same time (which I can't verify for you either way) then relative 'age' would just be a matter of which ones are progressing faster than others through the 'lessons'. But what would make one soul progress faster than another is something I don't know.
Quote:

I'll say it again: the purpose of all purposes in the present scheme of things is, put simply, 'life'. You can go up and down and round and about and to jsut about anywhere people are talking or dreaming about, and that includes living in places other than the physical reality we are in for a time if it is appropriate. But the point of everything as it stands isn't in anything you see or do or can have, the point is simply to promote the process of life.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:35 AM
Guide

Quote:

1) Based off my own NDE and seeking answers....reincarnation is to elevate the vibrational frequency of our soul/energy. Each of us are electromagnetic energy, we all have this energy inside...it's what brings us alive, much the way you plug in appliances to turn on the tv, radio, computer, ect. All life has energy. However, not all energy vibrates on the highest frequency, such as what you read in the bible, or heard about in the Big Bang theory. The highest frequency is love, and self love...sounds easy...but it's not. We all can love on our terms, but when it's not on our terms, the way we want, or when relationships go sour, bad things happen, ect....our energy vibrates on lower frequencies. These can not vibrate with wavelengths of higher energies, such as what you may have read about in heaven. Like attracts like, the hardest lesson is self love...until we learn true self love, we will never really learn to truly love others.

2) The soul is learning self love, and love in general....to reach this high frequency of love and light. Refer back to my first answer...we can not reside in the highest levels of heaven when our own energy does not attract or vibrate on that frequency of light. Energy travels through vibrations and frequencies, and cannot reside with energy that is not the same sustainable frequency.

3) All souls are energy/light. Young and old souls are earth terms given by measurement of how many times a soul has reincarnated. However, people can only speculate on how many times their soul has reincarnated, or who is an old or young soul. We are all the same soul age, as energy has always been...whether it has been growing and learning through reincarnation for millions or only thousands of years. The energy is the same age, the growth may be different through incarnations.

4) I'm not sure I understand this question. Souls always were, whether they were an unconscious energy, or a conscious energy through reincarnation and learning. The body is the physical, the soul is the energetic. Death through accident, illness, ect....does not give one more opportunities over others...one may learn more in 3 years, than an older body does in a lifetime...depending on the experiences and willingness to learn. One may not choose to reincarnate again for a very long time, where as another might right away. You can not compare two souls, or their life experiences....as their challenges will be different, what may be easy for one, may be hard for another...and vice versa.

5) Our souls purpose is to reunite with God/infinity/Nirvana...whatever it is each person calls it..it is when ones frequency is void of negativity and lower frequencies. It is also when one is operating at their highest frequency at all times, which is mostly impossible in an earth body....however, at the end of each life, each soul goes over their progress, and what they are able to manifest in the levels of the afterlife/heavens/energetic levels. It is how we learn to create in heaven, and on earth...although earth is the school...where we learn to create and overcome obstacles, and the "heavens" are where we use our perfection of what we learned to create.

Each of us, has our own perspective, and what we have learned. You will have your own perspective, and put your own spin to describe what you learn and know. There are a lot of religious people who don't believe in science, like I do...yet, we are describing the same thing, from different perspectives. Like a coin, one side is heads, one side is tails...but it's still the same coin. Philosophy resonates with a lot of people, so they understand religion better than I do...however, I understand metaphysics and science better than philosophy. This is why during my NDE, that I grasped this concept of what I saw, faster than I would have if I had seen Jesus, or had the same experience as others. We just learn concepts differently...but we all learn the same things, just on different levels, and at different times, or lifetimes.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Master

New souls are being created all the time so that is why we have various souls at different ages.

We all learn differently. Some souls learn slowly and need many incarnations to advance. Some learn quickly and need less.

The reason for incarnating is to learn. And we can only do that by experiencing pain and joy. By experiencing everything from both sides of the mirror. Some call it karma. I simply call it learning from both sides, for example as a perpetrator and a victim.

There are many stages of learning. Incarnating on Earth is just one of them. With many in-between stops after each incarnation is over. It will take centuries upon centuries to learn everything we want to learn. And when we are done we go back to Source/Creator.

A couple of excellent books that might give you perspective.

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers (shows many levels of learning)
The Instruction, by Ainslie Macleod (teaches how to age a soul by their behavior)
Old 07-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Master
First I would suggest, we don't have a soul, the soul has us. We as spirits are the extension into the physical realms. And a soul can have several extensions, incarnated or not.
The purpose? What is the purpose of creation? We are taking part in this process. Everyone has a somewhat different view point, depending were we are standing at this point in time. Or better, at this point in our development. I have my own. There is no right or wrong view point.
Old 09-02-2018, 01:40 AM
Master

On reincarnation , it deponds on who you ask . Buddah did not really pin it down , and some say Jesus taught reincarnation , but was removed from the Bible at the councile of Niciea in 329 . Evalution of the soul , lower to higher forms . To balance karma . To be with loved ones again . There are a few more ideas out there . With some research you will find info in books and on the net .

P.S. I dont believe there are any hard and fast laws on how reincarnation works .
Old 09-02-2018, 11:33 AM
Experiencer

Because we have our egos to deal with...how can we be certain about anything concerning reincarnation...or even incarnation? I know on a personal level that consciousness (soul, spirit...whatever) "survives death", but how can we be sure of it's purpose (or if there even is one) when we hear so many different thoughts on it? It's good to talk about it because that's how we learn...to glean common threads on thoughts of those who've had NDEs and/or OBEs while remembering that our egos can influence us.
Old 19-02-2018, 05:54 AM
Knower

Quote:

Of course, in order to fully answer your question and you would believe in an answer, you need to practice for three years and practice the teachings of yoga and Buddhism seriously.
BUT if short:
The goal of the rebirth of the soul is to acquire the experience of worldly desires, illusions and discard it. Acquire the soul's maturity. The maturity of the soul is how your soul reacts to the information entered from outside or the emergence of desires.
Well, for example: All of us from childhood parents, the media in the school, from the peers imposed different concepts. For example, love affection, making money, career-brings happiness to the person. However, when people pursue these goals for 20-30-40 years, they start differently to look at these things and phenomena. Because the soul acquires the experience that satisfying desires is not equal to the happiness of the soul .. This is in a certain sense the maturity of the soul. It can be obtained through experience, it can be acquired by destroying worldly desires with the help of spiritual practice and initiations from the real master.
The soul with the help of repeated reincarnations to the acquisition of its maturity. At a certain stage when it begins to tire of endless reincarnations, suffering and it already subconsciously wants to escape from this infinite circle of the name Sansara.
Then begins her spiritual practice. But it is important to understand that after the soul has realized something there, it does not begin that she will immediately begin to practice and achieve liberation and enlightenment and will leave for the higher worlds .. Because the experience accumulated for countless reincarnations already does not allow it to be done. There is necessarily a need for a serious long-standing stern practice in the present Teacher. The final stage of such liberation and enlightenment is the attainment of the level of Christ or Sakyamuni Buddha. But in order to achieve their level of practice they have spent the spiritual practice of millions of reincarnations.

The difference in souls, that some die before, and others later in the good and bad karma accumulated by these souls. Because it determines everything

Why is the soul needed and experience gained? Because, as long as the soul does not reach a critical point in the saturation of worldly desires and sufferings, it does not want to be liberated from all this. And if it does not free itself from this accumulated experience .. (called karma), it can never enter the world of God and merge with him, to reach Maha nirvana) This process of reincarnation is the mind of God for learning through the rebirth of a huge number of souls. It is important to understand that we very rarely degenerate in the world of people and in a certain sense is a very great success that we were born here.Because it is the world people it is the best place to engage in spiritual praktikoy.Tak like here equally have fun and stradaniya.I get this experience the soul gradually begin to crave spiritual praktiki.Vazhno then find quickly whether a good provodnikak and map on which you will be able to come to God?
Here there is such a thing .. like the merit of the soul (good karma) which will allow you to develop on this path. And the connection with the correct conductor. But it can be accumulated, as well as create karmic connections with real guides and teachers
Old 19-02-2018, 06:44 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

The reincarnational journey culminates in 'enlightenment', after which the soul no longer reincarnates, UNLESS they come back again to help, in which case they would be what's called an 'avatar'. Jesus, Buddha, and Krishna were avatars. More recent examples of avatars are J. Krishnamurti and Paramhansa Yogananda.

BUT, to think that the ONLY purpose of reincarnation and life on earth is to find enlightenment is completely incorrect imo. Many, actually most, souls on earth didn't incarnate to find enlightenment, or even to get closer to it, but rather for various purposes which can be understood by simply observing their lives. For example, Michael Jordan came to earth to be a great basketball player. My point is that there are many reasons to come to earth, and finding enlightenment is only ONE of them. To love and be loved is another. I also feel that each soul has lessons it came to earth to learn.