Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-12-2017, 04:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Astral Projection VS Astral Travel

What's the difference between Astral Projection and Astral Travel? I have always thought that Astral Projection is going into our own plane of existence/copy of our real world and Astral Travel is to explore the real world with our spiritual body. Is this right?

I would like to know the methods of traveling the real world with my spiritual body?
Old 20-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

hi you ask about the the 'methods' you mean you want to learn ?
for me it seems I travel the world with that which i really am , my soul
or eternal me . now must I than conclude you need to consciously be that part 1st ? yes some , or many don't know that . why even is that ? I differentiate between many in this . how to come to do that, be that ? I have no idea how even do you know of this possibility if you cant do it ? maybe i got your posting/question wrong ? what do you know if you ask about something you dont know ?
Old 03-01-2018, 03:14 AM
Seeker

I hear

Astral projection is your astral body. while astral travel is just seeing.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Knower

Astral Projection it would seem has something to do with the energetic body or bodies. Like your physical resonance, vibrating into another dimension while your brain is active... it's a very earthly realm-like state where you involve what you as a personality know and believe with the higher realms of reality. It's what you perceive about the world.

But it's weird because there's more than one type of projection. There's the "remote viewing" type (you may have heard of), which isn't considered "astral projection" like I typically understand it as. Since it's a type which can actually interact with the quote "real world" as you mentioned, like seeing someone in another room or seeing spaces which exist without any prior knowledge. Which is probably astral projection really, and what I said before is a deeper dream-state.

Astral Travel has nothing to do with the physical whatsoever. Mostly involving traveling worlds and embracing the deeper aspects of Self. Something something forbidden word merkaba... consciousness amplified without the limitations of the human vehicle. usually we see colors which don't exist because we don't use our real eyes, or we feel something deep whiten us which is distant yet familiar. An example of this is when people claim to have met with family members but they were disguised as humans. It's probably sounding so crazy, but our brain only recalls astral experiences using common things. Like water, people, animals, numbers. When the reality of the astral realm isn't comprehended during conscious-awakeness.

EDIT: I don't actually claim to know any of this, but I'm just making speculations. The differences aren't so easy to define because the fault seems to be with language. And personal experiences may not help somebody else understand. I'm just bored ^_^
Old 03-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Master

All these (astral travel / projection, out of body experience, lucid dreaming, phasing, remote viewing, meditative state, channeling, clairvoyance, etc..) are basically the same thing: entering an altered state of consciousness, where your physical goes out of focus, while holding your awareness. The trance state you enter can have various degrees of depth, that allow various kinds of experiences.

To 'travel the real world with your spiritual body' you have to pick one of the methods, and get good at it. I'd recommend self-hypnosis. I don't know what you're expecting to accomplish, but, excepting if you are exceptionally gifted, you won't have a TV clarity like experience.

I suggest you read a lot about the field, and draw your own conclusions, then establish goals.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:52 AM
Seeker

I always looked at them as being the same thing,

I feel that going around in this physical plane is being out of body, and astral projection/travel is exploring the other dimensions.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:06 AM
Guide

Now you know the confusion and limits of seemingly similar words possibly meaning completely different things or the same thing?! Lol or possibly nothing at all.... but I will help you out... It just seems like your caught up in terminology.... Id say it really doesn't matter which word you use... but none the less.....

Astral projection can be the act of just "projecting" your "astral" body out of your physical body... and keep in mind that these words or terms... have different names... even in the same language... astral body could also be called your etheric body or your emotional body....... once you learn to astral project you will find out what that means... lol or you can ask another question in that regards lol...........

Astral traveling is just the general term used for moving in your astral body.... just as one would say walking or running or flying.. if your in your astral body and you go from one place to another then this would be technically speaking.... "astral traveling"
Old 12-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Knower

Po-TAY-toe, po-TAH-toe. ;-)