Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Nice post G.S. and I agree with your mentality for use of a better word .

Why do you think that some recognised guru types distance themselves or what they are from the mind-body environment / experience .

I kinda chuckle a bit with the extremeness of it all ... It's like anger arises but it doesn't belong to me .. lol ..

I understand where they are coming from but I also understand that it doesn't apply to the current situation .

In my eyes for such individuals that are advocates of oneness and Self and all that jazz pretty much renounce everything that is not permanent in reflection of what they are in experience of form / physicality ..

x dazzle x
Thank you.

How much of Spirituality is a form of escape from the mind/body experience? Not having done any kind of survey but I'd guess quite a few people come to Spirituality or religion because of some kind of trauma or lack, often as I look through the posts I can't help the feeling that they're missing or looking for something - or simply want avoidance. They say religion is for those that are afraid of going to hell and Spirituality is for those that have been there and I'd count myself as one of the latter. It's an experience 'being in the world but not of it', detaching from everything or feeling.

While I can come up with Spiritual answers to those kinds of experiences there are also psychological ones too that I've experienced in certain situations. Sometimes the mind can play tricks in dangerous situations as a survival technique, other times it feels as though the mind/body is simply a vehicle for experience and it feels as though we are our Higher Self wearing a suit because we have to navigate a hostile environment. Sometimes Life itself gives us PTSD.

Emotions are very difficult for some people and they can feel as though they have no control, which is where the renounce or integrate question can come into play. I used to be a very angry young man and it felt as though I was totally consumed by anger - I was anger, so much so that I almost strangled someone. Looking back that was an interesting experience because In could 'see myself' doing it but was completely detached. Nowadays though I channel it productively, but that could be as much of a coping mechanism as it not belonging to me.

I was going through something in my mind one day when my Guide popped in with a question. "What is the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet?" Ask yourself that question, come up with an answer and in the very next breath ask "What just happened?"

In answer to another question I had about vibrations he said "It is encompassing." In cymatics the higher the vibrations the more complex the patterns. Spirituality is full of contradictions, exclusions, dualities, ironies..... Questions like is renouncing more noble than experiencing, or is non-attachment the crowning glory? Wouldn't the vibratory patterns be more complex if we could encompass and experience all of those things as aspects of a wider reality?

Then again, some people do like their labels.