Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-08-2011, 06:56 PM
TeeHee

Question: "What does the Bible say about faith?"

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-faith.html

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 18-02-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 30-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Faith is the cornerstone of Christianity. Without demonstrating faith and trust in God we have no place with Him. We believe in God’s existence by faith.

how sad that the Bible god only bestows the ability to in trust him and the "gift of faith" on the chosen few, such as yourself. having not been so lucky i guess i will just have to make do in his eternal torture chamber. right?
Old 30-08-2011, 11:13 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
how sad that the Bible god only bestows the ability to in trust him and the "gift of faith" on the chosen few, such as yourself. having not been so lucky i guess i will just have to make do in his eternal torture chamber. right?

How sad that some wear their lack of faith as a badge of honor. But I can see your lack of knowledge in regards to scripture, and your tactic in picking an argument and making it personal. I think that you are one who is better off on the ignore list.
Old 30-08-2011, 11:23 PM
nightowl

I believe in God but not in the sense that you express it. I am not a possession of God in that I have to please God. I am connected to God as my spirit is an extension of God the Creator. There is no requirement to have faith in God one either chooses to or not. I believe that in making the connection to God I better understand others and the world in which we live.

Romans 14:22

English Standard Version (©2001)
The faith that you have, keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who has no reason to pass judgment on himself for what he approves.

nightowl
Old 30-08-2011, 11:34 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I believe in God but not in the sense that you express it. I am not a possession of God in that I have to please God. I am connected to God as my spirit is an extension of God the Creator. There is no requirement to have faith in God one either chooses to or not. I believe that in making the connection to God I better understand others and the world in which we live.

nightowl

Hello nightowl,

Perhaps, in reverence and in faith one worships, as an expression of gratitude towards the grace of God.
Old 30-08-2011, 11:37 PM
nightowl

Giving thanks is a wonderful thing, but it still does not require one to be a possession in order to do so.

nightowl
Old 30-08-2011, 11:42 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Giving thanks is a wonderful thing, but it still does not require one to be a possession in order to do so.

nightowl
"And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
Whatever pleases you nightowl.
Old 30-08-2011, 11:59 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
"And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
Whatever pleases you nightowl.

And your point is what, that God considers us as children? I have children but I don't think of them as possessions...

nightowl
Old 31-08-2011, 12:06 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
And your point is what, that God considers us as children? I have children but I don't think of them as possessions...

nightowl

I'm still trying to figure out from where you're referencing yourself as a considered possession?

I'll go out on a limb and say that you're thinking of all the great Godly men who thought of themselves as a slave to God.
Old 31-08-2011, 12:17 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
I'm still trying to figure out from where you're referencing yourself as a considered possession?

I'll go out on a limb and say that you're thinking of all the great Godly men who thought of themselves as a slave to God.

The way in which you are describing God in the verses you have shared sounds like a slave ownership relationship. In that we are rewarded if we please God, and if we don't please God by what the Christian Bible states, than we are what, punished? God created us and therefore God owns us and our fate is determined by God. Reward and punishment, right?

nightowl