Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Aerin328

Regarding "if you were out, who was in?" That idea is a physical reality assumption (that you can only be doing one thing or be in one place at a time). I have found in fact we are actually "both out and in" all the time. Just an observation.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Augadelume

CNC: what topic would that be it interests me as to what your thinking on that and that is true that it was real because I remember it like it was yesterday I can close my eyes and still see it all play out before me.

Aerin328: I can also see your point as well
Old 06-01-2015, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator
I have heard of people having an OBE while in the middle of doing something physical....but I have never experienced that. In my experience an out of body experience is a different thing.

My first thought was a form of sudden detachment or dissociation?
Old 06-01-2015, 01:21 PM
coffeekid

I've had the same experience as a kid, several times. Some of the memories are kind of blurrry, but in all of them the view I have of the situation is situated outside of my body.

The most vivid memory of this kind was when I was four or five or so, and I was taking a walk in the woods with my grandmother. I hadn't "zipped" my jacket all the way up and it was a bit windy, so my grandmother decided to do it herself. But she did it a bit too fast and the sensitive skin beneath my chin got caught in the zipper.

I remember myself exclaiming "ow!" and I can still tell that it hurt like hell, but what I saw at that moment does not fit with the other memories. I remember seeing myself and my grandmother from pretty high above, at least a few meters up, and my own body looking up in my direction (but that's only because my grandmother asked me to lift my chin up). It's quite strange. Maybe it was the pain that made me jump out of my body?
Old 07-01-2015, 05:43 PM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augadelume
CNC: what topic would that be it interests me as to what your thinking on that and that is true that it was real because I remember it like it was yesterday I can close my eyes and still see it all play out before me.

Aerin328: I can also see your point as well

I don't have enough research to really come to a conclusion to a "topic" but I tend to believe it's something else then the band aid response of "we can view any perspective of life at any time" that so many people seem to give about stuff like this...that is just to general, and these experiences differ greatly enough to give a non-general blanket response.

Seeing yourself out of body is not uncommon at all. My Mom even told me of a time in the 60's she was sitting in a circle of friends and suddenly was viewing everything from the ceiling, including herself. Instances like this are common but usually the person is not in the middle of an "action" while this happens. They are zoned out in a meditative state/etc... This is how remote viewing seems to work, but people typically do not remote view while they are brushing their teeth and pouring a bowl of cereal if you know what I mean. For remote viewing to work you also have to have a good grasp on your emotional state.

The fact that you said you got "so mad you couldn't take it anymore" and just unleashed would be the outburst of negative emotion I have researched with these types of cases.

A good lesser example would be (insert random felon here) that gets arrested, in his statement he will say something to the effect of "I just got so mad I don't even remember hitting them" It could be something similar to your experience, they just didn't get the luxury of viewing it from a different perspective.

I feel when you lose control of your emotions, I mean to a point you literally can not control them anymore something steps "IN" while you step "OUT"
It's almost like lowering a gate or giving some form of permission to something that you can not deal with it anymore. Whether this is a darker side of ourselves or "something else" is up for debate but I tend to side with something else...

Hope that answers what you were asking in a round about sort of way ;)
Old 07-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Augadelume

It does and that kind of makes sense to me as well I find it very interesting thank you :)