Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-03-2013, 02:38 AM
Quagmire

Your Self is already defined, it does not need you to know or understand it - all you have to be is yourself. The thing is when you change your perception of yourself and/or your truth then so does your Self change. It is not something static, though it can seem like it at times
Old 30-03-2013, 02:41 AM
AbbeyWilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
Your Self is already defined, it does not need you to know or understand it - all you have to be is yourself. The thing is when you change your perception of yourself and/or your truth then so does your Self change. It is not something static, though it can seem like it at times

Okay, that makes more sense. Thank you for your answers, I have some more stuff to think about!
Old 30-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Master

AbbeyWilcox, keep doing what you're doing now, search for the truth. That's what I did. Eventually I started getting answers I knew deep down were true.
Old 15-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Knower
Smile Go forth pilgrim and enjoy the search!

I've searched for Truth in a similar way than you AbbeyWilcox, and it's all part of a journey, it's ongoing and I don't think I'll ever feel like I've truly arrived. And that's what I'm trying to say - that even the way you're feeling right now is part of this journey - wanting to put a name to what you feel in your heart. Humans have always had this need to understand and define the higher power they know must exist - and that is why there is so many religions and spiritual practices! People worship, honour or celebrate the Truth that you seek in different ways, and the way that I am 'finding' what works for me, is to explore them.

I took out library books about things that interests me - different things will interest you or appeal to you, but I took out books about paganism, Druids and nature worshipping cultures. Together with things I trust and believe from Christianity (which is what I grew up with/within), I am shaping and finding things that work for me. I don't need to put a name to it (even though I've tried to, and it's changed over the years - at first I just said that I'm spiritual but leaning towards being Christian, then I became an 'omniphasist' believing that there is a core of truth in all religions and spiritual practices, and then I started to call myself a pagan for a short while), but my truth is a combination of different things - I pray, I walk in nature as a meditation, and perform some small personal rituals with candles, rocks and crystals. Sometimes I pray to God the Father, which I was raised to believe in, sometimes I call him Father Sky and pray to Mother Earth, sometimes I talk to my ancestors and Gabriel, and sometimes I just pray or talk to whatever spiritual beings and guides I think or feel are close to me at the time.

My point is that in the same way you don't know how to 'choose', I couldn't choose either and tried to seek my truth. Thus far I've found a lot of things, and most, if not all, of them are pieces of Truth, for me. What I'd really like to encourage you to do, is to enjoy the journey, and find joy in seeking your Truth! It can be a lot of fun, exploring and learning new things to figure out what resonates most with you - what makes you feel happy, or where do you feel you belong most.

When I say 'belong' I literally mean WHEREVER that is - I have found that I don't feel like I belong in a church, or a mosque, or a temple, but I feel at home, happy and like I belong when I'm in a natural landscape, a forest, the beach or on a mountain - whether alone or with other people doesn't matter. And this is where I feel Truth the strongest - I don't even need to ask questions or hold any doubts, I can just 'be', I can relax and play, run in the wind or swim in the cold, fresh water.

Find your Truth, what makes you happiest, and enjoy the journey!!
Old 15-07-2013, 03:05 PM
justme50

I don't know that I am searching for any 'truth' I try to take each day as it comes.
Old 16-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Absonite

One territory - many maps.
One Truth - many explanations.

Just as a map is not the territory, explanations are not the Truth.
Maps-explanations simply reference, point at, the Truth-territory.

Just as reading a map is not the same as adventuring through the territory, reading explanations is not the same as experiencing the Truth.
Old 16-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Master

My truth is evolving. It is for the right now but tomorrow, it may not resonate. I'm sure many would say the same.
Old 16-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Master
You find your truth by stop looking for it and realizing that you are your truth, your truth is within you not without.
Old 21-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Pathfinder
God is not looking for perfection, but dedication and true desire which cannot be faked.

True desire is the key to opening hearts of men, once you open the door all manner of blessings can be bestowed upon you. A sensitive soul can even FEEL the love as it enters your heart.

Appearances can fool people, but ones heart and desires are the true measure of a man’s need for God in their life.

What one does in private shows God their desire. God hears you no matter where you are, not who you are in front of.

The mind cannot reach God without true honesty and a humble heart.

Pray for others at all times and you will be helping yourself.
Old 20-08-2013, 05:22 PM
livingkarma

Every time you ask yourself a question you are seeking the truth w/in yourself regardless of how broad or how seemingly insignificant the question might be ...
Sometimes, you don't know or get the answer till a later time after some thought has been given to the subject ...
As we go through life, we learn more about ourselves by living experiences that test our resolve ...
You have to live to learn who you are & what you are made of ...

At this point in your life, you are still learning how to navigate the world ...
The big test/transition of your resolve will come when you move out of your parent's home &/or become financially independent ...
This is what you need to focus on ...
Every transition in life will bring you closer to your truth as well as experience & knowledge ...