Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 21-02-2018, 07:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
That is a beautiful chant Joe! Thanks for sharing...
Very relaxing and heart opening. I have never seen a stand up accordion instrument like that before?!??!
It appears I'm going to be doing some YouTube surfing this afternoon- following that link.
I'm still catching up on some of the others - it appears that I was brought up with similar music influences to yours...
Although I also grew up with a record player which was always on the go in the 90's and a really large collection of music spanning across a centuary... all this music my grandmother and father owned when they were young.
My Mum plays piano accordion and sang all throughout my childhood. My grandma played piano, violin and was a singer. I inherited some of her old sheet music.
I asked my mum why I didn't get her violin though haha... I feel so left out
Maybe I could channel Grandmas spirit and see if she can hook me up with her old violin hahaha... it might be a bit worse for wear... might be a home for wayward cockroaches and spiders hehe.

All the best with your music endevours- maybe one day you'll post a video of your own up here hehehe...lol if your writing is anything to go by then I am sure that your music is wonderful as well.

Glad you enjoyed that chant and the Harmonium, i was considering buying one a year or so ago but the idea has subsided, i see family members wiping the sweat from their brows in relief and jubilant neighbours saying, Oh your not getting the Harmonium anymore, beaming as they walk out into a beautiful sunny morning Sounds like your from a very musical background. Pity about that violin but violins being violins it's most likely out there being played in the hands of a good trusty musician. :). A very rich inheritance passed onto you through the spirit of creativity within music great musical karma.

Hey that reminds me of a quote by WB Yeats, the famous Irish poet who said in a poem called Among School Children,

“O chestnut-tree, great-rooted blossomer,
Are you the leaf, the blossom or the bole?
O body swayed to music, O brightening glance,
How can we know the dancer from the dance?”

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 24-02-2018, 07:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
I Haha Joe... twas listening to some more of your links. What a crack up what you say about your childhood music experiences.

I think I was the only kid in my entire school brought up to the sound of bagpipes and accordian .. yodelling.... and for some reason the 1812 overture on scratchy record player... as well as 60s pop folk... lots of Irish and scottish folk music and dad loved the sound of steam trains on tape???!!!

My mum hated John Lennon though haha... too cliche... nothing but yodelling and bagpipes and folk for me hahaha... bob dylan was only just tollerable... lots of obscure folk. I do remember yodelling, bagpipes and trains featured probably disproportionately haha. Folk harmonica, banjo and the odd mandolin occasionally broke it up.
Man... it's amazing we have managed so well as adults

Hehe
My mum used to sing alot though... which made everything else ok...
And secretly I still love yodelling and bagpipes... just not together haha

Here is the song I'm singing at the moment...
A long way from childhood hehe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZziCau...nt=m v-google

A transgender person wrote originally it...antony and the Johnson's...( no bagpipes here)

Yodelling and bagpipes i haven't tried that combo yet but there is still time lol.
yes singing is a great comforter and can create an alternative to what's happening around, whatever that may be. It feeds the soul and imagination especially in childhood ..hmmm interesting thanks for sharing.

That is a lovely song best hope it brings you lots of joy and happiness. Yes ive seen Antony a couple of times, particularly this vid of him with Lou Reed singing perfect accompanied by the Tai Chi master Ren i think his name is. thanks for sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCpkwAkNJj0

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 25-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Deactivated Account
I'd be thrilled to start a bagpipe/ yodelling group with you Joe???!!! If that is what you were hinting at?

It has always been a dream of mine
Just think how proud all our friends and family would be as we belted out their favourite tunes!!

I'll call my talent agent right now with our idea!

Hey - that song was a very curious mixture of elements - I do not think that I have ever experienced anything quite like it.
I must admit though I think I will be sticking to some of those other videos instead.
I enjoyed each performer individually but maybe not together... but in a very strange sort of way... I kind of liked the strange mis - match... it was curious...
So thanks for the experience.
I enjoyed watching the Thai Chi... something I am better at watching then doing lol.