Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-04-2020, 06:46 PM
Experiencer

Do you have a pet? Having one might help, look at them and see how worried they are about it.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
Do you have a pet? Having one might help, look at them and see how worried they are about it.

Ha, yes, very true.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:39 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Ha, yes, very true.

Pet therapists usually recommend dogs and cats, but I have two water turtles and enjoy watching them basking in the sun, so relaxed. The only problem is that adult turtles can be a bit difficult to hold.
My words of wisdom: Every civilization wishes to serve the Deity, but they can only do so to the extent of their wisdom and justice. & The greatest religious revelation is the correct interpretation of the things in the sky.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Pet therapists usually recommend dogs and cats, but I have two water turtles and enjoy watching them basking in the sun, so relaxed. The only problem is that adult turtles can be a bit difficult to hold.

Basking in the sun sounds wonderful. Always enjoyed watching our cat enjoying the garden on a sunny day too
Do the turtles wriggle a lot or are they slippery?
Old 10-04-2020, 08:41 PM
Experiencer

They wriggle, and their claws are strong, so they'll be scratching until you drop them, not the cuddly type :)

Is having a cat very relaxing?
Old 11-04-2020, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
They wriggle, and their claws are strong, so they'll be scratching until you drop them, not the cuddly type :)

Is having a cat very relaxing?

They sound determined little critters.

Yes, I've found having cats very relaxing, stroking them, even just watching them is I find.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:07 AM
Knower

Hi there, this is Late but thank you soooo much for the advice
Still feeling pretty anxious/paranoid and it seems like my mental faculties are declining although that could be the anxiety. So much trouble remembering things. Medication only working decently
It’s just so hard to accept the present moment but y’all are right there’s nothing else I can do.
Thanks again
Old 03-05-2020, 02:23 AM
Knower

Haha wow thanks for that
Old 05-05-2020, 06:51 PM
Master
Hi-Ho again, Sarah -

A prayer which may be worth trying - click here: Psalms 51:1-2

P.S. If you are troubled by traditional ideas of 'God', try thinking of 'God' as what Native Americans call 'The Great Spirit':

From https://webhome.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/Ph...em/node23.html -
"The Great Spirit (Wakan Tanka, Gitchi Manitou of Native American cultures) is a beautiful example of a non-theistic belief in an active, personal, non-anthropomorphic Deity that is intertwined with the fabric of the Universe itself on the large scale and yet is personally engaged with the web of living things and the world on an earthly scale. These cultures are not completely homogeneous, and there are a variety of creation mythologies that need not concern us as (in my opinion at least) these cultures have always been aware that their mythologies are myths, that their legends are legends, that their sacred stories are stories, and thus they have avoided the curse of socially enforced orthodoxy or any sort of insistence on "belief'". The myths themselves are intended and used as teaching stories that guide individual behavior in ways that support the individual and the community, not as metaphysical speculation. These religions also seem to lack the hellfire and damnation meme - the Great Spirit doesn't punish people for being bad, doesn't inflict eternal torment on people for "not believing in It''. In these cultures, a life out of balance with the Great Spirit, with the earth, with the community is its own punishment.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77
Anxiety and fear. Just live your normal life as you have been. Cut back on watching and reading the pandemic news. You will feel better.

wisdom!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4