Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 01-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Deactivated Account

Am i trying too hard?

Here's the thing:

So I've noticed I've been trying to force my way into alignment recently and here is how. I know whenever you ask for something, that it exists in a vibrational reality, and that all that's left for you to do is vibrationally catch up with it, so to speak.

The one way I know how to catch up with it is to kind of just focus your mind and attention into the reality where that desire exists. However, as I try to do that, I find it really hard for me to do so. I'm not used to feeling what is in my vibrational reality so to speak.

Additionally, I also thought it would be because I don't use my vibrational senses, which I thought would be necessary to feel the existence of this desire which i'd like to manifest but i find myself at a dead-end... to put it in simple terms... I just can't feel it.

I've been feeling incredibly frustrated until Abraham explained that it's always our choice whether or not we feel good at any moment. So I just choose not to feel the frustration and just like that i stopped feeling frustrated with it all. That solved that problem.

So my question here is how do i go about feeling the vibrational version or vibrational presence of this desire? I would honestly like to but i keep thinking to myself that i won't feel it in the way i would when it physically arrives. There has to be someway for me to feel the vibrational version of it.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineOne
The one way I know how to catch up with it is to kind of just focus your mind and attention into the reality where that desire exists.
Hi TheDivineOne. If you feel you're trying too hard, it could be you need to first get clear on what it is you're trying to accomplish. It's clarity that makes everything we do, easier and simpler. I suggest you start with these two questions: What do you desire? And even more important: Why do you desire?

Generally speaking, most LOA theory is grounded in a physical-material understanding of life and existence. It is "lower-self focused." New-age abundance theory for example -- attract money, love, success, etc. -- is mostly lower-self focused. It teaches how to attract what one desires. Whereas higher-self spirit-understanding has nothing to do with what the human being DESIRES. Rather, it has to do with awakening the soul, and establishing a soul-spirit connection, so as to come to an awareness and consciousness of that which it, the soul, REQUIRES. That's the first thing I will point out.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi TheDivineOne. If you feel you're trying too hard, it could be you need to first get clear on what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Vibrational alignment with that which I would like to attract.

Somehow getting myself to the place where i am happy with the vibrational existence of this intention.

It's clarity that makes everything we do, easier and simpler. I suggest you start with these two questions: What do you desire? And even more important: Why do you desire?[/quote]

It's a little too personal for me to discuss here but i will say it's something about my physical appearance.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
It's a little too personal for me to discuss here but i will say it's something about my physical appearance.
Hey sure no problem, we can keep things in the abstract. So after that, the question is: Why do you want that? Why do you feel that way? Why do you want or need to do something about your appearance? And to be clear, wanting and needing isn't bad. The question rather, is what exactly are you hoping to gain from those changes?

Can I use myself as an example? Six years ago I was badly overweight. I tried a couple of different commercial diets for about six months but that didn't help. I was trying to lose weight so that I looked better essentially, which isn't a bad thing. But it's more a lower-self and ego reason to lose weight. And it wasn't working.

Now here's where the story takes a magical turn, LOA-style... I was standing in my kitchen preparing a meal. Suddenly, something entered me. I experienced it as my soul doing an intervention, telling my lower-self that it was time to do what was required. And what was required, was to get healthy. To get to my proper weight. So that I would be happy in life once again. So, not just because I would look better. But because being overweight was causing me to be unhappy. And my unhappiness was resulting in an unhappy relationship with life, which in turn manifested as unhappy things happening.

I lost 95 lbs over the next 8 months. It was like breathing, I didn't have to work at it or think about it. I never regressed because I had now identified the higher-self reason for doing what I was doing. I was doing it, not to lose weight specifically, but because I wanted to elevate my life into that state of joyous, happy union with all things. And it has all come true. I "attracted" it by saying yes to it, and then stepping fully into it, and committing to that highest vision of it. Making that highest vision of it, my everyday life.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:19 PM
FrankieJG

https://youtu.be/k-mUQ4D6TgI

In 2013 after watching the Secret the first thing I wanted to do was immediately improve my beauty; my face. I wanted to look cute and foreign. Whenever I affirmed I would say "I look like a foreigner" - because that was the idea of beauty I had at that time,. I am South Asian btw. I didn't see any big change immediately but I started feeling happy and positive. I gradually started getting compliments from people.

In 2015 I applied for my first job, in the final interview where I was interviewed by my boss (to be)he looked at me and my CV and wanted to make sure I spoke my native language. Few months later an Aussie intern joined our department. Everybody thought he was my sibling. Even the co workers who have never spoken to me before would come to me and say 'Hey that guy looks like you,are you 2 related by any chance?" Then my friends at office who heard them would say "hey don't be embarrassed they say it because you look like a foreigner".

This is the most interesting scene.Last year I enrolled for a course and this guy who I was having a crush on in the class had told my friend (when she tried to see whether he liked me too) there is no way she got a crush on me, she is "foreign". I literally laughed. I don't know on what reason he came to such a conclusion. There were so many others who thought I was foreign. They had asked from my friends whether I spoke my native language.

This is he recent one. I hardly get out of the house,there was this new grocery store opened by a family living near my house and a coupleof weeks ago I went in to buy some grocery. So the cashier and I had a small talk in English. I was wondering why this man would speak to me in English. He literally treated me as if I was a tourist. He asked me where I was from. But a couple of days later I went there again and this time his brother in law who knew me, was also there . Then he introduced me to the other one who didn't know I was living nearby. The cashier was new to the area because he was recently married and now living with the wife's family.He laughed because he didn't know I was their neighbor. Now he speaks to me in our native language. His first impression about me was that I am a foreigner ,just like my crush.

All I did was simply affirming. Not too much. Just when I felt like I wanted to affirm.I didn't put much effort into manifesting beauty,I let it happen naturally. Also ,I let my studies work out naturally, I aced the exams beyond everyone's expectations. But love, the area I think ,should be improved ,is the area I put in so much effort and focus on. And my dream house too. The 2 things in my life that I find so hard to manifest.I think putting too much effort and focus is the problem. We should focus and then let go WITHOUT GIVING UP.That is the tricky part. At one point we have to let go. Letting go is the key. Do your affirmations, visualization for a week maximum and stop. Have your vision board right infront of your bed -full of pictures of happy beautiful people, Miss Universe, models or whatever the picture gives you the idea that makes you feel beautiful. Don't' have pictures of models with the fiery look even if they look attractive and sexy. No pouting, only smiling. Seeing people happy makes you happy.When you are happy and positive look at those pictures and say "I am that". Funny that I stumbled upon this thread after I was listening to that youtube affirmations audio and was pinning 100s of pictures of happy people on Pinterest. I am gonna print them asap to make my new vision board.

Or maybe. you don't need to say anything at all. In my opinion just looking at those pictures will do the job. Because , once I successfully attracted a nude flowy dress for a half price which I saw in a movie. I was only looking at the dance the woman in the video did, I was more focused on those steps and moves. I wanted to dance like her. In the mean time I JUST thought her dress was beautiful. It didn't even take a month for me to come across a similar dress with a crazzzzy discount.I didn't affirm at all. And my friends thought I was lying about its price. Magic dear!

And thennn, my exam vision boards with the results I wanted.I just looked at them while studying,while day dreaming about other stuff, I just saw them whenever I was in the room.Never affirmed as far as I can remember because that time I had not even heard of the LOA.But I manifested those marks effortlessly. But when I did affirm , it gave my mind a little pressure. A little bit of doubt and fear. So focusing really gives us that little negativity ,unless our minds are trained well. Let things happen naturally, you will see the results soon. Specially in the case of beauty, SLEEP ON IT!

Quote:
Here's the thing:

So I've noticed I've been trying to force my way into alignment recently and here is how. I know whenever you ask for something, that it exists in a vibrational reality, and that all that's left for you to do is vibrationally catch up with it, so to speak.

The one way I know how to catch up with it is to kind of just focus your mind and attention into the reality where that desire exists. However, as I try to do that, I find it really hard for me to do so. I'm not used to feeling what is in my vibrational reality so to speak.

Additionally, I also thought it would be because I don't use my vibrational senses, which I thought would be necessary to feel the existence of this desire which i'd like to manifest but i find myself at a dead-end... to put it in simple terms... I just can't feel it.

I've been feeling incredibly frustrated until Abraham explained that it's always our choice whether or not we feel good at any moment. So I just choose not to feel the frustration and just like that i stopped feeling frustrated with it all. That solved that problem.

So my question here is how do i go about feeling the vibrational version or vibrational presence of this desire? I would honestly like to but i keep thinking to myself that i won't feel it in the way i would when it physically arrives. There has to be someway for me to feel the vibrational version of it.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
Have your vision bpard right infront of your bed full of happy beautiful people, Miss Universe, models or whatever the picture gives you the idea that makes you feel beautiful. When you are happy and positive look at those pictures and say "I am that".
The physical-material self -- the ego -- wants that, wants to look like Miss Universe.

The spiritual self -- the higher-self -- goes about things a different way.

If one is struggling, if things aren't working for them, it's usually because they are focused on the physical and the ego, rather than the spiritual and the higher-self.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Baile and Frankie... awesome advice
Old 01-06-2017, 01:48 PM
FrankieJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The physical-material self -- the ego -- wants that, wants to look like Miss Universe.

The spiritual self -- the higher-self -- goes about things a different way.

If one is struggling, if things aren't working for them, it's usually because they are focused on the physical and the ego, rather than the spiritual and the higher-self.

In that case how can we know what the higher self wants?
Old 01-06-2017, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
In that case how can we know what the higher self wants?
It's a good question, I would say it mostly has to do with years of inner self-development work. Which is what I call the life-long spiritual path: working on knowing one's self. Generally speaking though, it's easy to distinguish the difference. For example:

Lower self and ego: "I want to be as beautiful as Miss Universe. I want to be rich."

Higher-self: "I am a beautiful soul. The greatest wealth is my joyful connection with life."

One is physical-material oriented (ego), the other spirit-oriented (higher-self).
Old 01-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Master
Also and as you can see from my previous reply, ego desire expresses itself as something that is missing, something the ego believes it needs to accomplish, something that it currently doesn't have, but wants. I call it desire-avarice. A kind of desperate and out-of-control NEED AND WISH TO HAVE.

Whereas higher-self wisdom and intention begins and ends with what I call ALREADY HAVE awareness. I AM a beautiful soul. I AM joyfully connected with life. The higher-self intention only ever operates from a place of perfect alignment and acceptance of where one is, in this moment. One has in every moment exactly what they require, and so there is no need or desire for anything else.