Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There is an experience occurring none-the-less.
Whatever occurs or does not occur it is your concept about what occurs that mentally fashions meditation.
Old 17-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
As a matter of fact the change of consciousness by means of meditation practices is only temporal. Soon after the end of meditation session the effect of meditation deteriorates. However that does not deny that meditation may be as useful as vacation.
If that is true then meditation is useless as a tool towards enlightenment.
Old 17-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
Whatever occurs or does not occur it is your concept about what occurs that mentally fashions meditation.

Refer to post # 41
Old 17-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings

Meditation is the key to enlightenment. But what is enlightenment? For me it is simply the realisation that there is one thing everywhere and I am that. This realisation happened for me in December 1986 and it has been present ever since.

This realisation occurred within intense meditation. So when Ground puts forward theories about meditation as a mental concept, I have to disagree. I can only assume that he (presuming Ground is male) is speaking from beliefs rather than direct experience. And when my experience contradicts his beliefs then I have to question his understanding of meditation.

Peace.
Old 17-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Refer to post # 41
Refer to post # 43
Old 17-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
So it is. The issue is the idea of an enlightenment to be attained. The issue is religion. But the 'space' (metaphor) out of which 'enlightened vs unenlightened' has arisen has been present from the outset, still is present and always will be present. It is spontaneously present at all times. It is atemporally present ... a paradox, I admit .
Old 17-06-2017, 11:19 PM
Master

Quote:

not really... as one sect pointed out, sometimes you use a tool so that you can learn enough about the subject matter that you no longer need a tool. To say upfront that using a tool is inherently bad so you refuse to use it denies you even that possibility.

And besides, there are a lot of tools you use that are jsut as bad as this one, if you are going to call it bad. But I presume you have no desire to get rid of them or even knowledge of how to get rid of them if you do?