Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-11-2018, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello all.

Can "thy will be done" be understood in terms of "how" and "now"? Or are understandings necessarily of the nature which sit in the waiting rooms of expectation?

pete

Hi pete, I'd respond to your post but I don't really understand your question, can you rephrase it maybe?
Old 26-11-2018, 04:16 AM
Ascender

Dear Django.

I will try as you suggest.

Is to "do the will" loving to offer to hold loves light thus revealing the kingdom or to wait in faithful expectation for the end of night?

So, can " thy will be done" be understood as a constant doing, the way of how in the now, or does " thy will be done" express a conviction that this will happen at some point in the future?

I hope this helps clarify,--I struggle !

pete
Old 26-11-2018, 05:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Dear Django.

I will try as you suggest.

Is to "do the will" loving to offer to hold loves light thus revealing the kingdom or to wait in faithful expectation for the end of night?

So, can " thy will be done" be understood as a constant doing, the way of how in the now, or does " thy will be done" express a conviction that this will happen at some point in the future?

I hope this helps clarify,--I struggle !

pete

For me it is my willingness for the Kingdom of heaven to be translated into myself, which is the most immediate way and the only way i have of establishing the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth.

So it is more a hope and a faith that this force spoken of in the bible will find it easier to establish itself in me, if I leave myself open to its workings.

It is an acknowledgement that this Father/Jesus/Holy Spirit know better than me what needs to happen to nurture their spirit in me.

But it is a process, and that process I see as current, its not finished, but I do see signs that I am being developed according to some Christian plan.

It's not something I manage to do completely and all of the time either, it takes a long time for my faith and trust to grow strong enough to trust completely, but it is the direction I am going in. Jesus did say to trust that the Father will take care of all our needs, but I'm not able to trust to this extent, I think many of the Saints might have developed this sort of level of trust, but I'm not one of them. It doesn't mean I can't try as best I can though.
Old 27-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Ascender

Dear Django.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and allowing us to read of your personal pathway. As mentioned elsewhere, our back stories are unique to each of us, highly formative I think, and yet not often known to others.--perhaps not even to our families. Even if known I think it probable that the full impact of our experiences upon ourselves may only really be understood by those who have experienced something similar themselves---war veterans being a particularly formidable example of this.
I am not aware of having a path. I do my best to follow a way of being. A how, but not a where to. As Sky mentioned in an earlier post on this thread albeit in a different context-)horses for courses. All the best- to you and all. pete
Old 28-11-2018, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
All the translations (and there are more and more as time goes by) from the 'original Aramaic' are fairly free and sometimes fairly self-indulgent interpretations of a couple of Syriac versions of the gospels. Syriac was not the language of Jesus, and the numerous fanciful interpretations that are mushrooming are just confusing New Agers and gnostics who prefer this sort of soft focus mysticism.

In the words of one scholar: "The less it looks like the Lord’s Prayer as you know it, the more likely it is to be a free paraphrase or interpretation rather than a translation."

See this article for an overview http://aramaicnt.org/2007/06/09/o-fa...of-the-cosmos/

The Jewish references to 'Thy will be done" that you posted earlier are a much better source for the meaning of the Lord's prayer, considering Jesus was a Jewish man who knew the Jewish texts. Why would he suddenly start sounding like some weird New Age mystic?

Eventually, in agreement with the author of the article whose link you provided, the key to this whole question is direct experience since there may be unintentional bias in each of the "translations".

QUOTING FROM THE ARTICLE:

"The point of mysticism (as I’ve come to see it) is to actively seek out direct experience with the divine. As these interpretations are rendered, I believe that we can greatly understand their authors’ religious experience and conceptions of God and the cosmos. However, when working with a language in translation, a translator must try their best to shed their undue biases and attempt to convey a plain meaning of the text in question rather than the meaning that they imply, impose or wish to interpret into."
Old 28-11-2018, 11:46 PM
ImthatIm

I like Romans 13 v. 10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore Love is the fulfilling of the law.

God is Love so if we operate out of Love we are probably not far from his will or at least moving in the right direction.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Master
The Sufi Mystic, Hazrat Inayat Khan, made an interesting comment on Lord Jesus' "Thy Will Be Done" words, as stated in the Lord's Prayer.

Hazrat raised the question of how does one attune to the Almighty Power so that one is attuned to the Divine Will. He mentions that there is only one way --- self-effacement, namely getting one's little personal separatist self out of the way so that the Divine Light can naturally flow through. He describes it NOT as "destruction in God" but rather "Resurrection in God". I particularly like that choice of words: "Resurrection in God". They're so uplifting and positive.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:55 AM
ImthatIm

I like the way Jesus puts it in Acts 26:14
"Sual, Sual, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
This has blessed me in so many ways in understanding the will of God.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:23 PM
boshy b. good

that be why people try to make a change for progressed from unsuperiority
Quote:
"not to let the spirit of looking down on, to stop a alright"

that to be alright sneaks from a real
that be why i'd have turned to the cross, where
there be even a lesson to be learned when and
at time of need, a lesson directed to a better
bless
Old 12-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Master
We read how Luke was a physician, who was one of the apostles, Busby.

Myself, I'm in my sixties and have gone through several health crisis. I recognize it has to do with my genetics in this fallen world and situation and what is inherited. However, I've recognized the hand of God guiding my medical attention, and recovery as well.
You know, it is my perspective that our true natures and our actual situation is apart from this material world, in space/time. I suppose that it was His will that I have gone through what I have, and that I recognize His hand in bringing me out of it.

You know, recently I began to recognize something. The Messianic prophesies are confirmed in their timelines and authentic.
Which include the passion of Christ, and how He would accomplish salvation for all.
Yet, the Jewish leaders of His time sent Jesus to the His execution on the cross.
We see how God used those who hated Him, to accomplish salvation for the whole world!
What does this say about the power of the Almighty, and with regard to humanity also?

It was prophesied... again... that those who hated Him... would nevertheless accomplish His goal and His agenda. Which are borne of His love.

So a question remains then. Who can resist His will?
Seeing that His throne and His dominion are apart from time and space, in Eternity?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein