Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 09-03-2017, 04:57 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
A myth. My wife, who is a midwife, says to gently blow air onto a baby's back is enough to get the breath going.

That's interesting, and good to know.

shiningstars
Old 09-03-2017, 05:00 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Maybe they are not mean, just ignorant about the modern world.
Maybe they have forgotten that the 10 Bull story ends with 'Return to Society'.

Ignorant about the modern world, and their fault. You are a tough judge, markings.

Perhaps it may be also relevant to say that the instructions of the adepts and masters are as clear as the light of day, from dawn to dusk.

It is the aspirant's job to reach those peaks, not those who are safely there.

shiningstars
Old 09-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
A metaphor that says as soon as you enter this world you must experience shock and pain? Better start right away with teaching this?
Life doesn't always 'work' as one 'wishes' and 'believes' that it will.

The way I see it, there is a 'happy' (meaning optimally beneficial in effect) medium, or 'middle' way, between stress (due to experiencing problems, difficulties, pain, frustration, etc) and relaxation. A violin string that is too taught is likely to break and one that is too loosely relaxed is likely to 'yield' quite 'unexciting' (i.e. un-live-ly, vitality-lacking) tunes. A lot of so-called 'New Age' music falls into the latter category, for example.

Depending on the situation, a good/positively effective athletic coach knows when it is appropriate to urge a person to 'take it easy' and when to push past his or her 'limits', to 'push through pain', etc. I think that the choice to just 'make things easy' and/or to always 'take it easy' results in people becoming mediocre-(if-any!)-action-prone 'couch potatoes'.

Something (from http://blog.ted.com/could-stress-be-...-has-benefits/ ) very worth thinking about, I think:

The study: Researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison asked almost 29,000 people to rate their level of stress over the past year as well as how much they believed this stress influenced their health — a little, a moderate amount or a lot. Over the next eight years, public death records were used to record the passing of any subjects.

The findings: People who reported having high levels of stress and who believed stress had a large impact on their health had a whopping 43% increased risk of death. On the other hand, those that experienced a lot of stress but did not perceive its effects as negative were amongst the least likely to die as compared to all other participants in the study.

I think that discernment regarding the above 'issue' highlighted above is what should be 'taught', of course noting that there are emotionally unbalanced 'drill sergeants' (coaches, spiritual teachers) who do novice-trainees a great disservice by being 'too tough' on them. As I said, reject the metaphor I offered as having no relevance at your own 'risk'.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Master
More thought-stimulating words, along the lines of my preceding posts, pertaining to what I think it would be best if more peeps 'woke up' to, sooner rather than later that is:

This is the 'lead' into Chapter 2 of the book, Resilience from the Heart: The Power to Thrive in Life's Extremes by Gregg Braden, which I am now in the process of reading:

“Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving,
we get stronger and more resilient.”
— Steve Maraboli, American Motivational Speaker and Author

For anyone interested in pursuing the topic further: The book is available as a free ebook (I chose the pdf format) from HayHouse, if you provide them with your email address. You can unsubscribe from their mailing list at any time.

http://www.learn.hayhouseu.com/wired...ve-eg-ebook-us