Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Is there any way to set next life vows?

Being transgender makes me want to reincarnate. Having said all that, is there any way to make sure that I can plan for next life as far as what gender i am, what i look like, and what I will have to learn?
Old 20-08-2016, 12:36 AM
Master

I am a man in this life , but have past life memories of both male and female . I guess you just go with what life and kiarma sends out .
Old 20-08-2016, 12:57 AM
Guide

It's also entirely possible that you deliberately chose to be transgender in this lifetime. A difficult role to play, I imagine.

I've heard it said that we plan each life's major components before we are born. If that is true, and it has the ring of truth to me, you would logically choose your gender.

I have a son who is gay. It isn't the easiest of roles for him to live, but clearly it is who he chose/intended to be, and who he was meant to be.

I sometimes wonder what lessons that choice was designed to teach him, but I wouldn't change him for anything.

As far as looks, probably to some extent we can choose. If we choose to be born to dark skinned parents we know we won't be fair skinned for example. But a lot of features are so variable... some children look just like their parents and siblings, and some look like no one else in the family. Or one child is far taller and better looking than the others. So chances are that the exact physical appearance is a bit of a random toss of the dice.
Old 20-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Master
You will have plenty of time to plan our next life down to the details of physical appearance and gender in the after life because that is one of the things that we do apparently. You may feel that you do not want to reincarnate on Earth again or as a human being once you crossover so planning it all here may prove to be a futile exercise.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Knower
I think we have some choice over what we will be, but I also believe that we do not choose everything. Once in this life time i stopped breathing and kind of left. It was like being thrown out of my body. i don't know what happened here while i was gone, but at that time i got the impression that the next existence depended on a combination of what we wanted to become and what we needed to learn.
i also think that there is a way to choose were you go in the net life if you want to be with a loved one, for example. My guides have promised me that i will be able to go with them to Faerie in the next life.
Old 23-08-2016, 03:31 AM
Pathfinder
If one is so free that one can choose everything and micromanage one's next life, why would one even bother to re-incarnate? It'd be much wiser to get rid of the cycles of birth and death and pleasure and pain.

I've no clue of what choices we have after this life, or whether any of this person will be left after death, but I think it is mostly not in our hands, at least not under control of ordinary people like us. Its mostly our past experiences, impressions and random chance that decides what will happen. I suspect that there will be not much of "you"(ego that desires) left in the next life anyway.

The whole point is to grow beyond such useless desires and wants, to be free forever. Imho. :)
Old 23-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Deactivated Account

I feel very strongly that I was a female in my past life, and that's part of the reason why I feel as bitter as I do about the whole thing. For one thing I don't really care one way or the other about the "lessons" for the next life and I don't want or care to be able to cherry pick and choose every little aspect of my next lifetime but I at least want to come back a human female and be able to choose to come back as a human female I feel that I am owed at least that much.

I don't care what I have to go through. I want to reincarnate and be female and i don't care about learning any lessons.

Last edited by TheDivineOne : 23-08-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Old 24-08-2016, 12:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivineOne
I feel very strongly that I was a female in my past life, and that's part of the reason why I feel as bitter as I do about the whole thing. For one thing I don't really care one way or the other about the "lessons" for the next life and I don't want or care to be able to cherry pick and choose every little aspect of my next lifetime but I at least want to come back a human female and be able to choose to come back as a human female I feel that I am owed at least that much.

I don't care what I have to go through. I want to reincarnate and be female and i don't care about learning any lessons.

Those are for you :)

One thing I would so strongly urge you to seek out as a woman next time is strength. Strength of heart, of mind, of body, and of spirit. In every possible way, you need strength and fortitude. Think of the steel magnolia

More than anything else, strength of heart and spirit will determine whether you find your feet on your path and move forward with grace and joy. And yet for most these cannot long be sustained without strength of mind and body.

Apparently it's the one thing I knew I must have this go-round, in order to deal with the difficulties and challenges and to even begin to transcend these to really come into my own this go-round.

The rest is negotiable, as they say

Peace & blessings, and much love & light
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 26-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarunP
If one is so free that one can choose everything and micromanage one's next life, why would one even bother to re-incarnate? It'd be much wiser to get rid of the cycles of birth and death and pleasure and pain.

I've no clue of what choices we have after this life, or whether any of this person will be left after death, but I think it is mostly not in our hands, at least not under control of ordinary people like us. Its mostly our past experiences, impressions and random chance that decides what will happen. I suspect that there will be not much of "you"(ego that desires) left in the next life anyway.

The whole point is to grow beyond such useless desires and wants, to be free forever. Imho. :)

There is no next life, all lives are happening at the same time, our higher self is the one who experiences through us.
Old 26-08-2016, 06:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer76
There is no next life, all lives are happening at the same time, our higher self is the one who experiences through us.

Hmm, all lives are happening at the same time? So this lifetime with computers and all of our electrical devices is happening at the same time as the lifetime in which electricity is first being discovered? What factors determined the conditions that you are experiencing right now if everything is happening simultaneously? Thanks... I have a hard time wrapping my mind around this notion....