Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2017, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
Hmmm. I've been working with a lot of bodybuilders in my life and I'll have disagree with that. Older men tend to have more issues getting muscle. 5 pounds in a year is staggeringly low for someone of my age. One of my friends jumped up much higher though he had much more body weight and I can note few others in the group too. But as I mentioined this due to complications around race and genetics. I just happen to be African and Native American and, with some exceptions, our races have trouble gaining massive amounts of muscle mass.

Well, I guess a pygmy isn't going to be as strong as a Tongan.

Quote:
We were doing bodybuilding, but that's not the point here. Really. Other than the fact I have issues with metabolic blocks, many of the positions I held don't let me go to a gym and I can't afford gym equipment either so bodybuilding is out of the question for a while. Thing is I don't want to buff up. I want to stay lithe and physically strong enough to do parkour, not the 'strong man' that cultures are trying to push on me to be becuase I'm not that type of athletic. Saying that a healthy male specimen is someone who is buff enough to lift twice their weight and more is absurd. I know bodybuilders who can't do what do I'm terms if 540 kicks, and full front flips becuase they are muscle bound and incapable of doing so. All I was trying to say was that it's unfair for this staffing agency to deny me office jobs just becuase I am male and even more so since I'm not the 'type' of male my society wants.

Parkour is awesome - and basically free.

Well, yes, society has a story that defines masculinity even though the majority of men aren't that kind of guy.

It's pretty awful having a job we don't like, and it's better for athletes to do less physical labour so they can do more training, so I hope you go ahead and upskill and start applying for suitable office jobs.