Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Suspended
Hinduism is polytheistic - though, to be fair, I specifically said mainstream religions in my original post.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Ascender
My point remains. Don't be so short sighted as to base your judgement on mainstream religions. It's highly unfair to say all religion is evil when you're only using mainstream religions as a basis for comparison.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Suspended
My goodness Lilyth, I do apologize. I seem to be having the worst time trying to communicate today. I wish I was better at words, but I am what I am.

When I said mainstream, I meant, by definition, NOT all religions. Also, I never said "religion is evil". I do have some despairing criticisms of mainstream religions, though examples of abusive religions can be found of all sizes, which I have articulated, based firmly in history, as well as dogma in general, and any counterarguments to or rebuttals of my actual criticisms I have yet to hear. I quite agree that some things about some religions can be quite good, like the Buddhist Sangha, for one example, which is a social structure designed to facilitate personal spiritual practice.

Again, apologies if I gave the impression of anything else.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Master

There are always people left out in an ideology, even the liberal one that preaches equality. By this you show that you are just the same as those you accuse. There is no difference. It's only in the mind where we think we're better than others.

This is not spiritual, it's just basic hate for religion coming out of high minded liberal ideology. But it's all religion, and by promoting hate you are only hating yourselves. You are not as spiritual as you think you are, because you are only as spiritual as the religious that you despise.

It's been a good learning experience, finding that people are the same here as they are everywhere. All of the high minded talk is just fluff to build ourselves up by putting others down. There is nothing affirming or redemptive in it, it's the same vicious human cycle that you see everywhere.

It's children on a playground fighting each other for no reason, other than learned prejudice. We learn from our surrounding and don't think for ourselves, We learn who to hate and who we are better than, that religion is bad and dogma is bad, but you are no different. It's hate in it's purest form, where it seems right and spiritual but the hater is the same as the hated.

I've been in the groups that you call 'dogmatic', and trust me, you are not any better. I thought maybe people would be a little more open minded in New Age, but we are all the same because we're all human. People pretending and justifying themselves, hating their enemies, loving themselves, fake and unaware.. as always lol.

Quote:
When I said mainstream, I meant, by definition, NOT all religions.

LOL Hate always tries to sound so innocent from liberals. It's the smile on a killer's face lol. Anyway, keep justifying. Haters keep on hating. Lovers keep on loving. Preachers keep on preaching. Peace.

Last edited by Seawolf : 11-03-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:30 PM
alhambra

The Spiritulist Church I sometimes attend is lovely. Services start with prayers and singing then some messages are given to individuals. Its very interesting and different which is what attracts me. They also do healing sessions which are amazing. Give it a go and enjoy.