Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-06-2015, 01:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Ok

Thnx for the answers. But i'm still trying to seek out the path. I disagree with some of you, I actually do believe in a God and a purpose to my life. I feel at home every time I pray to God, though i'm not sure who he is yet. I can put my faith and trust in God that guidance will be reached after much hard work and patience.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:14 AM
TanyaTiedje

Religion is no more than man's opinion and/or interpretation of God. After investigating and attending many churches over the years I now belong to none, because I know God is so so so much more than all of them combined. The saying that religion is 99% dogma and 1% divine is so very true. Not that there is anything wrong with going to church - if it inspires you that is wonderful. Yet I found churches to be too limiting and that they did not suffice to appease the 'hunger' I felt deep within... the yearning to know once and for all what the real Truth about God is. I am happy to say that I found my answers and know now that there is nothing in all the world we need to do other than to open our hearts to / sincerely pray for God's Love and trust we will receive it. Sounds so simple yet verily it is the truth. The inflowing into our souls of God's Love brings us into harmony with God's Will and brings with it a knowledge of God's great Truths. It is this knowledge that finally set me free
Old 12-08-2015, 10:18 AM
TanyaTiedje

God is All Love and All Goodness. God is NOT (as some of the writers of the bible have suggested) wrath, judgement, persecution or punishment, and inflicts none of these things upon human beings. Indeed, we create all and any misfortune that befalls us, whether consciously or not. God has a form and is not just a nebulous force that exists in everything. God has a place of habitation which we might one day also inhabit if we so will. God is neither male nor female yet has elements of both. Most importantly - God Loves you just as you are, completely, wholly and unconditionally. The more you ask for and receive God's Love, the more you will understand Who and What God is.
Old 13-08-2015, 12:39 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker116
Hello everyone. I joined this forum mainly because I want to get some guidance on some things i'm facing. I am currently an agnostic, but I am trying to figure out my purpose in life and what religion or path suits me best, or what may potentially be the correct one. I kind of believe in God, but i'm not sure. I used to be a very heavy Christian, but left the faith because of some disagreements with things, such as Creationism, which has been proven wrong by science. However, i'm not going to resort to Atheism under any circumstance, i've made it a truly worthwhile goal to find out a good spiritual path in this life. I feel like it is necessary somehow. So, with that being said, please, people of all faiths, give me your advice and take on this, and explain to me why you chose the path you chose, and why you think it is the truth, and provide evidence if you can. I don't want any debate or amateur nonsense on this thread, this is a civil discussion. I also do not want any responses like "god isn't real", etc., because that goes against the very core of what i'm searching for, and you would be wasting your breath to say those things. I think one of the best ways to figure out what is best for myself is to have discussion with spiritual people of different faiths, and through that I can come to a definite conclusion.
Discussion starts now.

it sounds like religion simply doesn't work well for you.Simply believe in what resonates with you. You have a sense of light, and you know certain beliefs are of a low vibration...you can kinda feel it.

There is no correct answer, that'd be a restriction. Evidence is of the material realm...and we're discussing something of higher realms, beyond restrictions. Do you think it'd make sense if science could fully comprehend something like this on a materialistic level? A religion is NOT what you want, a system is NOT what you want. Those ideas are simply restrictions, as well as evidence. If there was factual evidence of something then it is rigid, and there's no room for growth in rigidness.

Evidence is a commodity of the physical illusive world...as well as lies.
Old 16-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Experiencer

I'm going through the same problem. I'm a Christian but want to leave as nort happy but scared of hell.
Old 16-09-2015, 11:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
I'm going through the same problem. I'm a Christian but want to leave as nort happy but scared of hell.
Don't be scared of hell, there is no such place, the only hell is the one we make for ourselves. I suggest to look at all religions, mainly Buddhism, and see how you go there, when you find what you are looking for you well know, but try not to let others persuade you to their way of thinking, for that will be only second-hand, find what resonates with you and only you, good luck.
Old 17-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Suspended

start your own religion, or take up science. no offense to any religious people but from what ive read there is some messed up down right ** in religions. i think muslims wipe themselves with their left hand and eat with their right... that doesnt seem to spiritual to me.

so religions are more like "how to live your life" things rather than spiritual truths. so why would you follow them..
Old 18-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Thnx for the answers. But i'm still trying to seek out the path. I disagree with some of you, I actually do believe in a God and a purpose to my life. I feel at home every time I pray to God, though i'm not sure who he is yet. I can put my faith and trust in God that guidance will be reached after much hard work and patience.

That's fine. Look up; consider; contemplate Gnosticism. For us, God is within us as much as without. We are spirit caged in human form, here to improve our souls.

Hardly need say I am gnostic (if from African/neo-African traditions). Never looked back. A god out there only, is the teaching of churches that had to push that idea to get a foothold.

Can you imagine something like the Roman Church telling people that God was within them, themselves? That church killed off all the Christian gnostics to peddle its external god idea.

Trouble is, most of Jesus' disciples were gnostic and, sad for the church, Constantine didn't quite manage to destroy all their gospels - but you won't find them in the Bible. Have you ever wondered why only 4 gospels got into the Bible? Out of 12?
Old 20-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Master

Each Child has their unique relationship with their Parent.
Try to build your own unique relationship with God.
Old 23-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Seeker

Quote:

Maybe The Tao Te Ching (translation by DC Lau) is what you are looking for.

It doesn't tell you to have "faith" in anything, except that there is an Eternal Higher Power which formed Heaven and Earth and gives it its Flow/Order.

This Higher Power is called Dao which means Way or Flow, and the idea is that when you live through this Divine Power/Flow, then you feel an Inner Peace and Balance. The Three Virtues/Jewels taught in The Tao Te Ching are Moderation, Compassion, and Humility ("not daring to be first under Heaven").

The Tao Te Ching uses metaphors to explain the power of being simple (not greedy) and generous.

Maybe Daoism is what you are looking for.