Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-09-2017, 04:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I wanted to know if others can relate...

First is how it works, or how it is normally perceived by others. Does anyone else feel that others come to you expecting you to essentially be Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) from the tv series Charmed?

I don't tell anyone I have these type of abilities except a few people who also have similar abilities. I don't usually do readings for people either though I have for some friends over skype or facebook chat.

Quote:
I am able to pick up emotional energies of present day issues and situations or past issues and circumstances. I am able to pick up a living person's energy.

This is pretty much text book empathic abilities with a highly developed intuition. I block most of that stuff out myself to the point of if I wanted to know it, I wouldn't know how to connect to this.. LOL

Then there are times when I get hit in the face with information about someone I so did not need to know.. TMI.

Quote:
I read Astrological charts for others. I look at the planets at the time of an individual's birth and get a sense of their energy.

I do not give readings or know how to read astrological charts BUT if I focus on someone I can "read" their energy if I wanted to.. I have to be calm and in a certain state but I am usually dead on with what I get. I tend to get flashes of imagery with this, visions, smells, tastes.. sometimes sounds.. I will also get "knowings" which I guess is called claire sentience.

I was working on someone's chakras and I got a ton of information about things going on in the person's life that was stuck in one of the chakras. I told the person about what I saw and they filled in the situation going on with what I saw at the time it was happening for them. essentially I was seeing like a flash back of a particular moment in their life. I was like, wow, cool that I experienced this.. it gave me another verification that I have abilities.. LOL

Quote:
I am wondering if anyone else experiences this? Picking up the energies of living people?

Yes. I try not to. If I told people info I got from them via my abilities they would never talk to me and avoid me.. LOL

Quote:
Can anyone see the future? Could you please elaborate on how this is done?

It is not an ability you want. My own ability to see into the future was only isolated to my own life and it faded when I was young or either that or I just stopped using it and it went dormant. It is not a cool kid ability you want to have.

Quote:
I do not even understand what to call it. What do you call the ability to read the energy of others, and current situations happening in their lives?

Empathic ability and highly developed intuition. They work together.
Old 26-09-2017, 04:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

When I do these things I call it telepathy. I have been called a medium because I can converse with all spirits, living and dead(spirit is never dead?). When I do this connection, the degree of conscious awareness varies quite a bit. You can call it telepathy when a person is conscious of the connection and mediumship when they are not.

I can see to an extent into the spirit world though it is random occurrence and I can not most of the time hear anything. Say I see a being or a spirit, I have no audio capability it is just the two of us staring at each other. Very annoying.

My apparatus for sight and audio all work I just have no control over it apparently.

Any tips on how I can get to the active level you are at with your mediumship / telepathic abilities?

Quote:

I say forget about the words and the terms we use for these things. It is much better to understand how things work for you and proceed from there to evolve those skills.

John

I agree, I am not really big into labels either.
Old 27-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulsJourney

Any tips on how I can get to the active level you are at with your mediumship / telepathic abilities?

Hi,

I like to encourage fostering a love bond between you and your own higher(spirit) self. It is truly amazing where that bond will lead.

My undersranding is that our higher self is our conduit for spirit communications. I find that once I align my energetic vibrations more with that of my higher self, everything works better for me.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 27-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally posted by SoulsJourney

Empathic ability and highly developed intuition. They work together.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

And, welcome to SF.
Old 27-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Pick a volatile stock on the stock market. On Monday view what it will close at on Friday, write it down. Come Friday see what it closed at.
Do that a few months. Then move the date out - look two weeks in advance. Check the closing price - do that for a few months.
Keep moving it out - it'll give you a really good idea how prediction works and the wobble that happens with elapsed time.
This helped me immensely.

You reminded me I once enjoyed playing (fantasy) stocks & shares. One of my favourite words is forever: dividend.
I don't recall having any special interest in seeing into the future, it was more about predicting social trends based on short term projections from Westminster and the House of Commons.

Nowadays I don't read newspapers nor own a television set. And feel happier for it.
But thanks for putting a smile on my face.
Old 28-09-2017, 02:45 AM
Experiencer

Sometimes in order to develop any intuitive ability the best thing is focus on the mechanics rather than to expand into ever more expansive states. Meaning that the boring left brain can actually be a good place to start. It gives a focus and then once you get started it will give space needed for intuitions to pop in as needed and fill out with more depth to the reading.

For example with astrology I hear people talking about "Saturn return" and I have no idea what it really means but I would appreciate an astrologer going over with me during a reading so that it would give me insight. If the person is younger than that age than right there you have some prediction to get started with. Same with any other areas where Astrology hands you some predictive structure.

You already seem to have integrity and that to me is the most important quality. I'm not too concerned about the future when I get a reading and I am actually opposite. What matters to me is insight about where I am right now. Most importantly if the reader can offer another useful perspective. And to do that the reader must be clear and peaceful not giving me drama to worry about. I hope that when you say you are sorry that you do this to be polite and respectful but you really have nothing to be sorry for. Each of us has different strengths and you need to respect that the reason why someone is receiving a reading from you has something to do with your unique perspective.

Another thing to consider is that when you are doing a reading it is not about you but it is about the other person. You cannot command or control what intuitions will arrive because what matters is information appropriate for the person receiving the work. So just do your best to translate clearly and then allow and trust whatever comes through is what is meant to be.
Old 28-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Sometimes in order to develop any intuitive ability the best thing is focus on the mechanics rather than to expand into ever more expansive states. Meaning that the boring left brain can actually be a good place to start. It gives a focus and then once you get started it will give space needed for intuitions to pop in as needed and fill out with more depth to the reading.

For example with astrology I hear people talking about "Saturn return" and I have no idea what it really means but I would appreciate an astrologer going over with me during a reading so that it would give me insight. If the person is younger than that age than right there you have some prediction to get started with. Same with any other areas where Astrology hands you some predictive structure.

You already seem to have integrity and that to me is the most important quality. I'm not too concerned about the future when I get a reading and I am actually opposite. What matters to me is insight about where I am right now. Most importantly if the reader can offer another useful perspective. And to do that the reader must be clear and peaceful not giving me drama to worry about. I hope that when you say you are sorry that you do this to be polite and respectful but you really have nothing to be sorry for. Each of us has different strengths and you need to respect that the reason why someone is receiving a reading from you has something to do with your unique perspective.

Another thing to consider is that when you are doing a reading it is not about you but it is about the other person. You cannot command or control what intuitions will arrive because what matters is information appropriate for the person receiving the work. So just do your best to translate clearly and then allow and trust whatever comes through is what is meant to be.

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

I have had another mediumship related experience. I wasn't expecting it.

I may need to speak to a medium at some point who would be willing to help with some questions to help me try and figure this out.

I have never actively attempted to work with the dead, however I have had another experience the second with a passed family member, and I do not know how to utilize anything here to help others. I have had mediumship experiences in my own linage, but am not sure how to utilize ability for others.

Thank you all for your thoughts and help, has helped me realized a few things, about psychic ability and different ways of receiving information.

Thank you.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:11 AM
Newbie ;)

I'm looking for a medium to talk too. If anyones interested. Message me.
Old 17-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Anyone experience this???

Hello all,
I hope it’s ok if I join this thread by asking if anyone has similar experiences to me? I don’t really have anyone to ask as I’ve never met anyone who has been through similar situations. I can’t control my ‘gifts’ as in when I’m able to turn it on or off, it just happens. I have previously been told that I have clairaudience, clairvoyance and mediumship qualities. My question is, how do I manage and control what I have? Has anyone been through this experience? What did they do?
A little background info about myself: Since my childhood I have been able to see things, I say things as it’s not always in human form. I get the worse pressure pains in my head when something bad is going to happen to me. I do see orbs, normally bright blue or white. I have experienced being slapped across my face by something not visible, though this only happened ONCE when I was being bullied by work colleagues and I didn’t stand up for myself the way I should of.
I do readings but only on myself by using Tarot and Angel cards. I have been able to see in my mind’s eye an angel card before I’ve even turn the card over. I have also experienced having premonitions, which has always unfolded exactly how I saw it. I don’t quite know what it's called when you see someone as an example on crime watch and they interview someone who is meant to either not know or be grieving over someone, yet I know only by watching them that it’s not the case. With one particular incident when I saw the person on TV, I distinctly heard a voice saying ‘he did it’. Weeks later on the news they confirmed he was guilty. Can anyone please help explain what I’m dealing with??????
Old 19-11-2017, 06:24 AM
Administrator
Hello

There are so many levels to it all. We can be a Psychic where we work with the living (for the most part) and do more traditional things like card readings, with life path, and relationships ext.

We can be a Medium where we work mostly with the non living, we communicate with those passed over. We too work with the living in that we do readings for a living person seeking contact with a dead person.

We can be like me with it all for the most part, Psychic working with the living doing readings, a Medium working with the dead and all that comes with that.

Adding into this being am Empathy where we can read others and feel their emotions ext. For me I can read most people like an open book but learned that is an invasion and control that.

We can be open to visions where we know something is going to happen before it happens but most times are not given enough information to stop it. In this place we more times are there to help pick up the pieces and be ready to help out.

There are one's like me that are born to it all and its often called "light switch on" as there is no off or down time.

There are so many terms out there for all that we are and all we can be. I so feel that we all come in with something in our DNA makeup. It is often a lot to come to accept and deal with.

What I do know from a lifetime now of trying to first have it gone and second learning to understand it all is the more I fought the flow the stronger it got.

We seem to have a "calling" for a lack of a better word for it and that directs the path we are on, this could be tied to the Soul Contracts I feel we come into this life with.

Lynn