Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 08-08-2017, 12:18 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

deep quotes from cloud atlas

it's my recent favorite movie, despite it being confusing to follow and I really need to read the book, but it has many inspirational and thought provoking quotes and here's some of my favorites:

"our lives are not our own. from womb to tomb, we are bound to others past, and present. and with every crime and every kindness, we birth our future"
"travel far enough, you meet yourself"
“My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?”
“I believe there is another world waiting for us. A better world. And I'll be waiting for you there.”
“You say you're 'depressed' - all i see is resilience. You are allowed to feel messed up and inside out. It doesn't mean you're defective - it just means you're human.”
“Unlimited power in the hands of limited people always leads to cruelty.”
“...there ain't no journey what don't change you some.”
“We are only what we know, and I wished to be so much more than I was, sorely.”
“Truth is singular. Its 'versions' are mistruths.”
“In an individual, selfishness uglifies the soul; for the human species, selfishness is extinction.”
“I understand now that boundaries between noise and sound are conventions. All boundaries are conventions, waiting to be transcended. One may transcend any convention if only one can first conceive of doing so.”
“One fine day a predatory world shall consume itself.”
“I believe death is only a door. One closes, and another opens. If I were to imagine heaven, I would imagine a door opening. And he would be waiting for me there.”