Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Ascender

False Awakening VS RTZ

Hello! Last night I had what I feel were 4 false awakenings, one after the other. I've had experiences in RTZ before and I find this to be slightly different.

I was wondering what people's thoughts are about RTZ vs false awakenings. Are they one in the same? Are they different phenomenon?

For me I find RTZ to be where I see spirit/entities and it feels generally heavier and harder to get out of my body where as false awakenings feel more like a lucid dream, it's easy to move around and feels more dream like once you realize what's going on. In both states my test is to try the light switch or look at my phone which of course doesn't work or looks completely distorted in both.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this! Thank you in advance!
A
Old 28-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Ascender

Alright so no one is replying but I've been pondering and reflecting on this so I thought I would share some more thoughts.

I'm beginning to feel like they're two different experiences.

Often with false awakenings I will wake up somewhere that isn't where I'm sleeping OR my mind will try to recreate the room but missing important things or adding furniture that I don't own. I'm able to get up and move around very easily, and things just look more dream like.
In RTZ often the room and details are the exact same. From the lighting to the smallest details. The only differences I've noticed are sometimes an extra door will appear that isn't there in waking. Also, in this state I find it's hard to get up or separate from my body OR I'll notice I'm sitting up and my body is still laying there (OBE). In both states though electronics look super odd (screens not the physical part) and obviously light switches don't work.

So I think they are separate things, however they are closely linked and I've been able to induce RTZ and OBEs from lucid dreams by focusing on my energy and trying to raise my vibration. Maybe if this happens again I'll try to observe more instead of being scared of seeing someone or something. I'm not totally comfortable with spirit and entities as I've been attacked in RTZ before by something super scary :(

Anyway, I would still love to hear your thoughts if you have been in either state or have false awakenings yourself!

Thanks! A
Old 29-06-2017, 03:37 AM
Knower
most say that False awakening are the same as a projection, but I sort of agree with you, except to me, FA feel to close to real life hence why they called false awakening (at least in my book) , cause everything go like you have awakened in the physical, but my FA are usually very short, then I wake for real or go into another and that's when I know that I'm not awake. they say you can turn it into a projection as well, but again it either too real or too short to make that decision
I have also had as many as 3-4 FA at one time.
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow

*Langston Hughes*
Old 30-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Ascender

Thanks for sharing! It feels so odd when you just keep waking up and aren't sure which is real anymore... hah
Old 30-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Some are of the opinion that consciousness is a continuum that covers all these experiences. Changing our focus on this continuum we move from one experience to another.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:52 AM
Ascender

Thanks Baro-san, that's a really interesting thought. Perhaps it's just human to want to categorize and separate them into different things, but I totally agree that it makes sense that it's a continuum. I kind of see it that way though my own experiences how they flow and merge at times.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:41 AM
Experiencer
I'm no expert on this subject but I tend to find myself into RTZ as well and I get this same feeling of sitting or laid down inside myself, being able to go outside my body and yet not leave completely. As if I'm stretching myself out of it but am usually attached to my body by at least a foot.
Strangest feeling, especially because most of the time I can't see a thing, just grope and touch. I even was told in a dream once a name to call to be able to see and it does work for me, however most of the times I completely forget about saying this name.
Strange things also happen, like goosebumps and the feeling of being attacked or grabbed by something/someone, what it is I have no idea. I think it all started for me in 2013. Before I had never got myself into these kinds of dreams/RTZ. I'm not sure what triggered it. Any thoughts about?

When did it start for you? Were you seeking this? I only found out about projections, RTZ, OBE after it had already happened.

Ah, another thing that happens to me is that sometimes there is a dream set up, scenario, landscape, whatever...even few characters like any other dream and suddenly the goosebumps and weird energy comes up and everything falls down as if it was a façade, a pretense that was discovered and I'm sent to a RTZ state of nothingness but the energy and whatever being is around.

To be honest I have to still fully understand what it means.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Ascender

I think my experiences started in 2011 and like you I didn't know what was happening or going on until it started happening. I've never been able to really control it or make it happen like some people can. I can go to bed or have a nap with the intent of it happening but actively trying to get into that space doesn't work for me. Personally when I'm in RTZ I can see, but I know what you mean about feeling inside yourself or able to go outside your body but not completely out. I've been able to get completely out but have also had times where it felt like I was made of rubber and pulling away from my 'shell' was really difficult. I can relate to the 'falling' thing you mention. Going into that state does often feel like everything else falls away and you're left with this space. I'm not sure that we can understand what it means or that it means anything at all. I think it's just another layer of space or consciousness that some of us can access. Personally I think of that space as being kind of an overlay type layer where spirit and some entities reside but it's like a sheet over top of our current physical layer. If that makes any sense.