Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Master
i agree Xan.

going back to levitation, not being fecetious Xan i was coming back to add this, i kind of got an insight on youtube about how it's done. this chinese energy master was showing how he could lower his body weight; he did this by moving his centre of gravity from his dantien to his heart centre; i imagine therefore then that levitation would require one to move one's centre of gravity above one's head or something similar.

and there's this rather famous youtube vid, that i imagione most have seen, which is quite compelling maybe? in it he sets fire to paper and pushes a chopstick through a table, or does he? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkiFNNIyqQY

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Master
Yes, these things can be done by masters. The prerequisite is deepening and expanding one's consciousness through regular deep meditation, then using that enhanced state to shift one's energies.

Xan

Old 12-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Henri77

Well skeptics need to see dramatic-physical manifestations ,and yet I also would love to witness levitation, walking through walls, teleportation.

I have absolutely no question that folks can and have done this... yet somehow seeing it has a different effect on us, and is somewhat different from believing it's possible.

I've heard of the superpsychic kids in China , and elsewhere .... who have demonstrated some of these things ......

Reportedly, once they see someone PERFORM a new paranormal skill, they are also able to do it (something like that)

But you're not likely to see very much of it on youtube.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Well skeptics need to see dramatic-physical manifestations ,and yet I also would love to witness levitation, walking through walls, teleportation.

I have absolutely no question that folks can and have done this... yet somehow seeing it has a different effect on us, and is somewhat different from believing it's possible.

I've heard of the superpsychic kids in China , and elsewhere .... who have demonstrated some of these things ......

Reportedly, once they see someone PERFORM a new paranormal skill, they are also able to do it (something like that)

But you're not likely to see very much of it on youtube.

I was just thinking about that this morning. Why and how can I believe in the possibility yet doubt that I am capable of certain things. Doubt is not even the right word. If someone called me out to perform...I would/could not...but given the emergency I think I could/would.

Is the difference between belief and believing in the possibility maybe what is holding us back from "performing" things like walking through walls and levitating? Or is it that we know ego is the one performing and therefore we are careful with what we do in public?

I have seen solid concrete move like lava...was that an illusion or are we all witnessing an illusion that says concrete in solid?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Deactivated Account
I believe there is a lot to be said for mind over matter. I've experienced it myself although certainly not as dramatically as via levitation. One time I had just come down with very severe flu (the proper type) and was bedridden. I had a date that evening that I absolutely couldn't miss so every half hour I made myself get out of bed and walk around while saying 'I'm not having flu, I'm not having flu.' (Note this is the opposite to most general advice which says to keep it positive not use negatives!). After a few hours, I was 100% well and had a lovely date.

Saying that, I now have a long term illness that this does not work for. Sometimes I wonder if there are just too many factors and we're not always meant to do certain things.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Shabby

[quote=Starbuck]I believe there is a lot to be said for mind over matter. I've experienced it myself although certainly not as dramatically as via levitation. One time I had just come down with very severe flu (the proper type) and was bedridden. I had a date that evening that I absolutely couldn't miss so every half hour I made myself get out of bed and walk around while saying 'I'm not having flu, I'm not having flu.' (Note this is the opposite to most general advice which says to keep it positive not use negatives!). After a few hours, I was 100% well and had a lovely date.

Saying that, I now have a long term illness that this does not work for. Sometimes I wonder if there are just too many factors and we're not always meant to do certain things.[/QUOTE

Hey Starbuck, I am sorry to hear about your illness. My daughter and my son do this too....no matter how sick they are...they refuse it...completely. She is now 19 years old and he is 27 years old and have never taken any antibiotics in their whole life and very rarely sick and when they do get sick usually not longer than a couple of hours.
Old 13-04-2012, 12:04 PM
n2mec

for me, the practice of "Chi" comes to mind. Where, applied positive energy cancels out negitive or harmful sickness to the body.
Old 13-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mec
for me, the practice of "Chi" comes to mind. Where, applied positive energy cancels out negitive or harmful sickness to the body.

Whenever I hear about "Chi" or "energy work" I always feel like people are "tapping" into some power outside of them, rather then seeing they themselves are that power. How can something work "through" you when you are "it"?
Old 13-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Master
well it's both i would say Shabby; outside and inside. we are made of chi but it flows through us and we can increase our chi from external forces like trees, food, water or energy work like qui gong etc which sucks chi directly from our surroundings...don't quote me though. i think it could be said that our atoms are renewed constantly by new chi.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 13-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Master

I think I may be coming in a bit late to this conversation, but I have practiced levitation and those body tempature changes before and I think even beginners can do it if they focus (you don't need to be a master of anything.) And it really isn't mind over matter, but that the energy you produce in your mind affects the matter already created by the mind. So mind creates matter and edits it at will (although some editting takes more energy than others as one may expect, but it can be done never the less.) To me, I have found Chi to be life energy which by bringing in new Chi, it cleanses the old, but it is your energy and from what you draw from around you. I often clean my energies and don't often become sick, but when I do it lasts very short span of time. As for fainting, thank you for that trick shabby as I have a similar problem but not the same (they can't find the cause of my fainting, but they've run enough tests..and it doesn't harm me at all when I have.) I have found that you can change your body weight as well and how you carry yourself (whether you feel heavy or light) just by using visualization (I use that for everything I do)

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/