Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Sighlense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
This is exactly why most practicing Daoists in China lived in the Mountains as Hermits. And also why the Yogis of India abandoned Civilization to Live a Spiritual Life in the Himalayas. Having people to talk with about Spirituality is Great. But it's important to remember that Spirituality is of a Very Personal Nature and ecourages Individuality, in contrast to mainstream religion which promotes herd mentality and collectivism.

As for the question of the OP: My friends are typically just under educated Spiritually, however I find that many of them are open minded if only they had the desire to walk the path of their own Spirituality.

Yes i think thats another interesting thing to mention, that many of my friends who may know nothing about many of the things that i do are always open or at the very least curious as to how many of the things i do are used or utilized.
Old 29-03-2012, 12:04 AM
TheressaWilliams

I spent a good portion of my life as the "Hermit" my family I lived with weren't as open minded and called me a satan worshiper, when they found me meditating.

Only in the last few years have I slowly started creeping out of my hermit shell and have been more accepting and open to my abilities. I have found a few friends who are of a more spiritual nature.

Then of course I "stumbled" upon this wonderful forum filled with amazing people! It's helped me address things I have had so many questions about! It's making me more comfortable with my spiritual side! I am so grateful!
Old 29-03-2012, 12:55 AM
MYFIGO

I don't know anyone who does what I do. But my boyfriend is really good about listening to what I experience and has graduated from not taking me very seriously to knowing it is "who I am" and that I am most serious about it. Most of my family only know I am but aren't ready to embrace it. My son and daughter-in-law are great supporters.

It's so nice to come here and read posts from others who experience the same kind of things. And it's nice to read about things I don't experience.
Old 29-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Experiencer
Sighlense- the club has gone very well; I've been preparing for our meeting this Friday where we're going to focus on energy work and its parallels with astral projection. The club has attracted people who are already open to these ideas, so talking about them and sharing experiences has been wonderful.

Certainly a lot of progress is made by practicing on one's own, but through that practice, an understanding of our interconnectedness is gained and we can't deny that we are all much more connected to one another than exclusively physical people realize.

And TheressaWilliams- Keep working toward your own goals! Don't let the brainwashed and closed-minded get you down. You are your own person and capable of whatever your own mind will allow, so don't give yourself any restrictions.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:54 PM
CatChild

My main close ones are very much so yes. I have about four or five close, spiritual friends in real life. I'm pretty lucky.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Master
My thing seems to be, and it's happened all my life, is I tend to have people around me who are on the verge of things and I kinda see my place as helping them along somewhat. Very rarely I come across those further along than me and use that time hopefully as it should be.

Occasionally I come across people in pretty much the same space as me but we're always busy so there's not much time to compare notes. If I do get the time and paths cross quite a bit then the different speeds of attainment throw the relationship into one of the former.

At the moment I'm in a new place and it's a very creative one too so it's fun and I've found a few people lookin' at me sideways which is always an indication they are curious... ah, whatever eh? It's all work so just keep whistling a happy song and play with the puppies whenever you get the chance!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Shabby

One of my best friends is spiritual, so is my husband, my kids and my sisters. I do have another best friend who is more an atheist then a believer in anything and then I have many, many friends that are all spiritual.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Master
it's jus little on me wee on my tod.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 PM
iScorpio

I do yes.
I am still in school aswell. I have a lot of friends who believe in these spiritual things, and some have their own abilities. But they never talk about it and never express that they have an ability. I am a medium and to me being on is my life and if no one accepts it, they cannot accept me as a friend. Because this is just as important as the rest of me in my own eyes, and I love what I do. People find it amazing, while others thing I'm creepy.I dont care if they believe in it or not, but if they accept me, then that's good enough.
I wasn't born with these abilities, I developed it because friends got me interested. My best friends mother got me interested in crystals, and that led me to research and discover a lot of other spiritual things. Thanks to God (I believe) he put all these spiritual people in my life to help discover myself, and to use my gifts for good and to help other people.
I have a friend who someway introduced me to Mediumship. She showed me the show Long Island Medium and because of that, I got so interested in Mediumship and developing my own ability to communicate spirit.
:)
Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Stingray

Define spiritual