Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 23-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Body as reflection of inner state?

I've read a number of books now that take the belief that the body and all its emotions and symptoms reflect what is going on in our etheric (subtle) bodies. This can be broken down into several main points:

1. Any physcial symptom relates on some level to an emotional problem or blockage, ie constipation is linked to an inability to 'let go' of old thoughts and patterns.

2. Major diseases can be healed, sometimes overnight, by addressing the emotional trauma that always underlines them. We just need to believe this is possible and want to move on, using healthier thoughts and belief patterns.

3. Our emotions are a sign of how close we are to our Higher self. For example, joy would indicate we are living from our Higher self whereas sadness or anger would serve to remind us we have steered from it and are living from our Lower self and hence we feel bad.

As someone with a long term health condition, I wondered what people's thoughts were on this. I have no doubt that mind affects body and I've studied courses in it. I know that stress can cause disease. What I'm questioning is the extremity of these statements. It surprises me that emotions such as a grief etc, are not seen as normal by some and in fact are presented as being linked to the Lower self. Surely it is natural to feel this emotion in response to some situations and it is not therefore the result of 'steering away' from a better state? I think there'a a danger in presenting it in this way.

Has anyone had a serious illness and recovered by dealing with truama? I have had an illness for 13 years and I've worked hard at dealing with emotional problems from childhood, yet I remain ill. I know of many people who are ill and have had no such trauma. I've also seen the lengths some alternative therapists will go to in order to claim an illness is a blockage of some kind even in people who have had happy childhoods and lead an optimistic and full life despite limitations.

As I said, i do believe without question that mind affects body, but is it really as simple as it's presented? I would love to read any experiences of healing if anyone has any.
Old 23-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Racer X

It is time to let go of the doubt and to apply what you have learned~

Reverse the process!

Start with the body and work back through the subtle energies~

Treat the body as the Temple of the Divine
-Feed it the best foods
-Nourish it with full body exercise
-Meditate without demand or expectation

Treat the Mind as a fertile field
-Plant the best thoughts
-Weed out the negative thoughts by letting them come and go without clinging
-Transform 'old beliefs' by 'not believing' in the past programs inputted

The rest is automatic!
Old 23-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks Racer.

This issue means a lot to me because I made myself much worse through trying to think positively. Last April I put myself in the mindset that I was 'recovering' and I told everyone so. I also did away with my crutches that I use for walking and I tried some gentle yoga stretches for a few mornings. Subsquently I woke up one morning with a pulse rate of 190bpm. This went on for several days until i called an ambulance. I spent two days in hospital and am now on beta blockers to control my heart which races upon any minimal movement, even sitting up in bed. I have ME/CFS.

I can't say I didn't try hard enough - I repeated affirmations and positive thoughts over and over whle my heart pounded so fast I couldn't move.

This has left me very disheartened as I have made myself much worse through trying.

Maybe it's a question of meeting the body at it's level which would make more sense, but this still seems to go against what I have read.

I only have doubts because of what I experienced. Last year I threw all doubts away and really believed I'd think myself better. I was wrong. I am now worse. It makes me cross when I read stuff about people not believing they can get better. I truly believed I could.

I'll never give up hope entirely, and maybe now I'm in a better emotional place to heal. Who knows? But I'll be more careful in future.

I'd still be interested in anyone's thoughts.
Old 23-02-2011, 07:44 PM
CJ82Sky

this is very interesting indeed - not sure that i can relate directly as i just seem more injury prone than most which is not nearly the same as a lifelong illness but i wanted to reply.

i would love to hear more on if there are any areas you have had success? what alternative methods such as reiki or energy work or crystal grids, etc., did you try and did any feel like they made any difference at all?

and i'd love to hear from anyone with more experience/knowledge on how illness may relate to past lives and karma. and if so - can that be "cured" this life or is it part of paying your debts?

for example a former boss of mine's sister had serious intestinal issues this life (not sure if it was colitis or something else - but in short many many surgeries). she had to walk around - when she could walk - with a colostomy bag and all sorts of tubes starting in her mid 30s i believe. horrific stuff with all the surgeries and no understanding of the cause this life. well a past life insight that was given to her sister - my boss - said that she saw her sister as a queen in a past life, disemboweling anyone who dared dissent her. the person who offered this past life insight i do not think knew of her physical condition this life. my boss nearly fell over. and it all just fit with the idea of karma and what not.

so what are everyone's thoughts on this? i'd love to hear more and learn more from all in here.

and starbuck, i wish you much love & light in your recover and that you are able to heal from the soul outwards, in whatever way necessary.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Thanks Racer.

This issue means a lot to me because I made myself much worse through trying to think positively.

This always leads to its opposite coming back again and again~

Last April I put myself in the mindset that I was 'recovering' and I told everyone so.

All there is......"The condition of this moment", drop the idea of illness altogether! Accept the condition of this moment......EVERY MOMENT. Then Surrender the process of Re-balance to the Divine and ALLOW it to Guide You~

As you work with this you will see subtle changes which can sometimes lead to major Shifts in ............The Condition of the Moment!

I also did away with my crutches that I use for walking and I tried some gentle yoga stretches for a few mornings. Subsquently I woke up one morning with a pulse rate of 190bpm. This went on for several days until i called an ambulance. I spent two days in hospital and am now on beta blockers to control my heart which races upon any minimal movement, even sitting up in bed. I have ME/CFS.

A Panic Attack~
This is not unusual when trying to break free of old patterns~!

I can't say I didn't try hard enough - I repeated affirmations and positive thoughts over and over whle my heart pounded so fast I couldn't move.

I went through the same experience........
but I called its bluff~!

I surrendered even to the point of accepting potential death. My heart pounded and was about to fail as EVERY painful memory came to the surface at the same time......
I "FORGAVE" the world and myself at that moment and the Beast was transformed in an instant!

It is "With-in" those darkest moments when the potential for 'Shifting' and transforming that dark energy is at its greatest. Imagine every time the dark cloud covers your consciousness ......."There is a Bright Shining Star in the middle of this Dark Field, the only way to that star is THROUGH this dark field." You do not need to try and remember this, just allow it in and when you are ready it will be there.

This has left me very disheartened as I have made myself much worse through trying.

No.....You have not made things worse. You just have not yet REALIZED it yet.

Maybe it's a question of meeting the body at it's level which would make more sense, but this still seems to go against what I have read.

Much of what we read is false or falsely understood.......
Do not "cling" to any writing, allow it in and then let go~!

I only have doubts because of what I experienced. Last year I threw all doubts away and really believed I'd think myself better. I was wrong.

Yes, you were~
You will never "think" yourself better.
You have to "un-think" yourself ill~
The mind set which brought on a pattern of illness cannot free one.....

It is great to say "I was wrong"~!
This is exactly the type of "Self-Honesty" to reach inner freedom.

I am now worse. It makes me cross when I read stuff about people not believing they can get better. I truly believed I could.

Do not "believe" you can..............KNOW YOU CAN~!
I know this is Bull****
I know I am FREE
I am going to REALIZE this Freedom and this bull**** is NOT going to stop me.

A certain "tenacity" of effort has been built through your efforts.
Never leave a building unfinished~!

The effort gives way to Surrender at a certain point......

I'll never give up hope entirely, and maybe now I'm in a better emotional place to heal. Who knows? But I'll be more careful in future.

You have done a great deal of work and are building a firm base, a firm foundation~

I'd still be interested in anyone's thoughts.

Suggestion:
Pick up a copy of "A Course In Miracles" .........just have it around. When you are ready, you will pick it up and begin~

Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Dean1973

This may not relate directly to the post, but I don't think the body's any more separate from mind than our circumstances are - I believe even the body's a projection of mind, I don't think any of it exists but in our own mind, and as we know, as mind changes, it all changes, "negatively" or "positively"
Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Master
What Starbuck is saying is good stuff, and this subject has deeper principles underlying it than aversity to physical ailments and the desire for perfect health...

Imagine meeting a cancer ridden person in a wheelchair. Would one begin to imagine all the negative thought patterns posessing this person that caused thier predicament? Perhaps convince that person that they have alot of negativity? I would hope not. In fact the assertion is ludicrously judgemental.

Say Starbuck I now informed you that your mental negativity caused the ailments you describe... why would it be? Of course it isn't so.

Ok I accept you endure these ailments, but have no notions at all about the quality of your thought patterns, and certainlyyour are a very pleasant person.

Example: I have a pain in my *** which is a physical pain, If I just accept it being there it remains a physical problem, but if I get all stressed about it it also becomes a mental problem. There is no need for a physical sensation to become a mental problem.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Master
Starbuck, much love & blessings on your path...

I have had several things which could have been debilitating in some way but which I completely healed from (hole in heart and severe intestinal issues like the woman above) or fully adapted to long since (seeing 3D from 2D inputs). All are a part of who I am. None ever affected my mobility or activity, LOL...go figure.

The first 1 healed (probably was karmic), the 2nd healed by avoiding gluten and dairy, and the 3rd is "virtual" 3D since childhood, i.e. my brain just adds a layer to what it would already be doing re: visual interpretation. No tests can detect it, I pass all the depth tests. Same with the heart. No tests detect any "trace" or scar or remnant of a hole.

But it all started with total acceptance of who I was right then. It always starts with that. No matter what, I was completely ok with who I was, and given that, I was going to consistenly go beyond what everyone else thought defined me. And as far as I was concerned, it didn't have anything to do with them one way or the other. I knew I my body and it didn't matter that these things were supposed to all be pre-set or things that couldn't be changed.

Does this have anything to do with the healing I do for others? Maybe so. But healing is just directed love and energy. And every day is a miracle...of one kind or another.

Plus as we've all discussed, healing is really as much about emotions and soul as it is about the physical or what we see outwardly.

Healing and the optimum state for you may have to do with emotional healing, spiritual development, and acceptance of your body just as it is. Set your intentions for optimum health of body and spirit, but try to release expectations and just focus on self-acceptance and self-love. Love yourself just as you are, because you deserve it.

Love & light
7L