Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-07-2019, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I miss a certain commandment that should've been added. ''Thou shalt not wear a shirt of any band thou doth not listened to.''

But to answer your question, as you are already aware, the bible is rather chaotic and full of errors and contradictions. So laws were changed and added under certain circumstances. I know it's illogical, but that's religion for ya.

" Thou shalt not wear a shirt of any band thou doth not listened to.''

What about listening and letting in go in one ear and out the other, is that allowed....
Old 17-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

What about listening and letting in go in one ear and out the other, is that allowed....

That's up to Ronnie James Dio to decide.
Old 17-07-2019, 08:50 PM
Master

Quote:

haha no that is right out,
"To what can I compare this generation? We played the flute for you, but you didn't dance; we sang a lament, but you didn't mourn!"
Old 18-07-2019, 11:11 AM
ketzer

Quote:
I wonder who decided which 10 Commandments to use. There are two different sets which obviously don't match.
Good Morning

The answer is, "The road to hell is jam packed with those who ask such questions."

Reading through this thread reminds me of why I decided not to call myself a Christian and how nice it is not to have to answer for every single babble in the bible.

It seems to me that much of what one finds in the bible is a lot like the result of legislation. Competing factions arguing about what it should and should not say until in the end you end up with sausage. There may be bits and pieces of wisdom all over the place, but to try to read it through and come up with a detailed recipe or road map is impossible. That is why the biblical literalists are like two headed serpents. One head tells you that the "word of god" is literally true as written and cannot be interpreted. But when you start pointing out all of the conflicts and contradictions in the "word of god", the other head clears it's throat and speaks with an authoritative voice, "Well, you have to know how to interpret the meaning." I suppose as long as the two heads never talk to each other, they get along fine on the same snake. Anyway, they have had enough of you by now and off they slither to find someone who doesn't ask such questions.
"Man does not live by bread alone, but thou shalt wrap it around a bratwurst, and put some ketchup, mustard, onions, pickles, and kraut on it as well.... and it shall be called good in the mouth of the lord."
The book of Ketzer
Old 18-07-2019, 02:18 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Good Morning

The answer is, "The road to hell is jam packed with those who ask such questions."

Reading through this thread reminds me of why I decided not to call myself a Christian and how nice it is not to have to answer for every single babble in the bible.

It seems to me that much of what one finds in the bible is a lot like the result of legislation. Competing factions arguing about what it should and should not say until in the end you end up with sausage. There may be bits and pieces of wisdom all over the place, but to try to read it through and come up with a detailed recipe or road map is impossible. That is why the biblical literalists are like two headed serpents. One head tells you that the "word of god" is literally true as written and cannot be interpreted. But when you start pointing out all of the conflicts and contradictions in the "word of god", the other head clears it's throat and speaks with an authoritative voice, "Well, you have to know how to interpret the meaning." I suppose as long as the two heads never talk to each other, they get along fine on the same snake. Anyway, they have had enough of you by now and off they slither to find someone who doesn't ask such questions.
"Man does not live by bread alone, but thou shalt wrap it around a bratwurst, and put some ketchup, mustard, onions, pickles, and kraut on it as well.... and it shall be called good in the mouth of the lord."
The book of Ketzer

Mmmm, Bratwurst. Over a charcoal grill I hope.
Old 19-07-2019, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
I wonder who decided which 10 Commandments to use. There are two different sets which obviously don't match.

Better yet, is either version a copy of the second time Moses received the commandments?
Old 19-07-2019, 09:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Better yet, is either version a copy of the second time Moses received the commandments?

He didn't receive them but brought them with him from his previous beliefs, so it makes sense that he himself chose them but who knows, maybe they had a little meeting and decided amongst the group which ones to use...
Old 19-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

Yes please, can I have two.....
Old 19-07-2019, 11:29 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Ya, sure, ya betcha! Dat is the quickest way to heaven I can tink of.
Old 23-07-2019, 05:50 AM
Master
Exodus 34 is simply additional commandments. Not a replacement of the first.
In the new testament, Paul goes into a soliloquy about how the first and initial set proves sin in humanity.
He stated he wouldn't even know what covetousness was, if it wasn't listed.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein