Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Experiencer

Cause he gave them free-will just as he did Adam and Eve. And as each one of us also has free-will.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Why did he test Adam and Eve with a cursed fruit even though he already knew the results?

Why didn't he create more peaceful solutions instead of instructing his followers with wars, violence, mass genocide and infanticide?

Why did he test Abraham to sacrafice his son, even though he already knew Abraham was going to fail the test?

Why didn't he just destroy Satan from the beginning so he wouldn't be allowed to drag humanity with him to his doom?

Or more importantly, why didn't he come with a flawless plan that literally ALL of humanity ends up saved instead of only a small minority making it into heaven?

Probably the same reason there are 2 creation accounts... 1 account would have been fine.

Same holds true withe the Flood accounts.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:12 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
When I first read this I thought this was your advice/joke about life Because it fits.

I need a search facility for old threads

I'm not that clever.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I'm not that clever.

The search header of life, if only it were that simple, or maybe it is.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
well why did he let us make our own choices instead of force feeding us the 'correct' way of living like so many around us want to do?

Hello dearest. I love you very much!

Firstly, God is Love; His very essence is Love and not a conditional one, but an Unadulterated One. This is what Apostle Paul says about Love:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Here is a clue as to why He did not slap "Adam" on the wrist.

Secondly, God created mankind in His own Image... get that... OWN IMAGE. If God Himself exercised His Will, so it follows that even His own Image should exercise theyre Will unhindered. See that it is also stated that "we are gods..." because part of Him is in us! We are one with God by His Image, and how could God force Himself; this is a contradiction. God does not see a separation, He sees us as a part of Him. Therefore, contradiction isn't possible. I hope that you understand this; you are a creator.

However, to those who are in a covenant/contract with God by Free Will, there are consequences to breaching a contract, albeit any contract! And to such, He gives the right ways.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Hello dearest. I love you very much!

Firstly, God is Love; His very essence is Love and not a conditional one, but an Unadulterated One. This is what Apostle Paul says about Love:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Ironically enough God murdered more people throughout the bible than Satan, more than often for questionable motives. Did God share the same kind of 'love' and 'patience' when he ordered a wood chopper to be stoned to death for working during the Sabbath day? Did he show all the infants that were killed by his order 'love' and 'patience'?

Quote:
Here is a clue as to why He did not slap "Adam" on the wrist.

Secondly, God created mankind in His own Image... get that... OWN IMAGE. If God Himself exercised His Will, so it follows that even His own Image should exercise theyre Will unhindered. See that it is also stated that "we are gods..." because part of Him is in us! We are one with God by His Image, and how could God force Himself; this is a contradiction. God does not see a separation, He sees us as a part of Him. Therefore, contradiction isn't possible. I hope that you understand this; you are a creator.

However, to those who are in a covenant/contract with God by Free Will, there are consequences to breaching a contract, albeit any contract! And to such, He gives the right ways.

The bible says that we are made in his image, but it doesn't say that we are gods. In fact, that was the talking anaconda's idea when it tempted Eve to take a bite out of the cursed apple, that she will be like God herself.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Why did he test Adam and Eve with a cursed fruit even though he already knew the results?

Why didn't he create more peaceful solutions instead of instructing his followers with wars, violence, mass genocide and infanticide?

Why did he test Abraham to sacrafice his son, even though he already knew Abraham was going to fail the test?

Why didn't he just destroy Satan from the beginning so he wouldn't be allowed to drag humanity with him to his doom?

Or more importantly, why didn't he come with a flawless plan that literally ALL of humanity ends up saved instead of only a small minority making it into heaven?
That's the spirit.Question everything and everyone.I'm sure you allready know-feel that the dude of the bible wasn't the 'God' exactly,but something else.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
but it doesn't say that we are gods

Psalm 82:6 6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Psalm 82:6 6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Okay, depending on how you interpret it, perhaps the talking anaconda wasn't wrong after all.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:

' For the Son of God became man so that we might become God ’ St. Athanasius. '

' The only-begotten Son of God, wanting to make us share in his divinity, assumed our nature, so that he, made man, might make men God '. St Thomas Aquinas.