Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 27-06-2019, 03:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Career alignment and birth charts

Is there a helpful way to look at my birth chart to gain a bigger picture of life purpose and career how it might manifest?

I am often at a loss as to sense of purpose and direction in my life and I really just want to find some sense of place where I can use my gifts and align with my souls dharma in a productive way.

My mars is in Virgo which really seems to effect my need to be of some practical value in the external world. I'm in the midst of a quarter life vocational transit right now and I am pretty driven to find a positive long term career fit where I can rise to my potential.

I'm just not sure what sort of roles could nurture the best bits of me haha... I was hoping that maybe my chart might offer some useful insights.

It could be that my Virgo sun is feeling very useless right now haha
Old 27-06-2019, 03:59 AM
Deactivated Account
My tenth house is in Cancer but I have no interest in being a carer in any traditional sense. I am sensitive to social and environmental issues but I am not interested in taking on a role of a carer.
I find the role of care giving quite exhausting.

I don't mind the practicalities of showing care but I am not gifted or overly interested in the emotional side of care giving, mainly because it tends to exhaust me cause I struggle to interpret and process complex social and emotional interactions.

Second house is in Saggitarius. I'd like to travel either as part of my job or life in general.
Old 27-06-2019, 06:42 AM
Deactivated Account
After a little bit of research on the topic of career insights within a loose astrological framework.
I noted that aspects of Mars, second and tenth houses could be useful on this topic. Mercury is useful to know in regards to discovering communication style which can have a big influence on career factors.

North and South node might be useful for some pertaining to career (Karma and Dharma) but not so much in my chart I don't feel.

I am just making this particular thread in case it is useful for someone else.

I just wrote all this up just to clarify in my own mind. I am sure that there is a lot I don't yet understand though.

Was thinking that this thread might bring new thoughts and ideas into my awareness.
Old 28-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Master
that's good you are contemplating all of this I do think that the North Node has significance contributing to our ideal life purpose and in my opinion that should be inclusive with our career or job, but as many experience that isn't always the case.. but in a perfect world or as perfect as you can make yours it should. So I am curious about your comment of your own Nodes and the resonance you feel with them, or the lack of it. If you want I can help you check out your chart further or add what I think. There are many facets of a natal chart and factors that could contribute to what we should or could be doing. They can all play their parts in some way or another.

Of course the Sun sign is a kind of obvious one since it is your "Sun" but it's not always as personally meaningful as some of the other placements could be. Besides the North Node I do believe the Midheaven is the other main telltale territory for getting a glimpse into how you are supposed to share yourself publicly and possibly career-wise. but again there are so many signs in a chart and ways they can weave together to paint a better picture. I'll try to use my own chart to example how I think different placements add up to what I think I should ideally be doing if you don't mind

Well, my North Node is in Taurus in the 2nd house.. so that tells me that it is my destiny to work in this lifetime lol.. South Node in Scorpio 8th house has me falling back into patterns of depending on others. I have 4 planets in Scorpio too so it's kind of hard for me to escape from Scorpionic tendencies but I see the South Node as a place we have to be extra careful to try and embody the best traits of that given sign or house, so we can still be it but it's important to honor the higher energies of it..
anyway so besides work and self-sufficiency Taurus & 2nd house have to do with the Earth, grounding, nature, making money or things in general, and as I've gotten older although I've not handled the making much money or being independent part, I have grown to absolutely love nature and through research (Scorpio/8th house thing actually) I've found practical ways it positively influences life and has amazing potential to heal and remedy all sorts of problems. So I'd actually like to have a career or business where I sell nature to people lol.. would love to do it for free but you know.. I like making little bottles of essential oils in a carrier oil and decorating the bottles with pretty labels and stuff. and Taurus/2nd house is also ruled by Venus so Art is related to it too. My Sun is in Libra, and 3 of my Scorpio planets are in the 7th house with it too and that house and Libra are ruled by Venus too. I love herbs too and making other things like toothpaste and diaper cream or "baby bum balm" as I coined it for my daughter. So it'd be cool if I could have a little business making such things because I think they can really improve people's lives and replace a lot of toxic terrible products most unfortunately use. I'm not sure if I could offer products at a reasonable enough price or how I could actually do this or compete with those that already do a good job of it, but I don't know you never know.

I also just love sharing the wonderful things I've learned with people and wish everyone could know what I think we should all grow up knowing. so I don't like the term but something like a "life coach" would be awesome.. but then again my Taurus North Node reminds me that I have to live and lead more by example first before I can get success trying to get others to do things. I also have a Mercury in Virgo 6th house so that is probably also why my thoughts are too often focused on others and wanting so desperately to help them. but it makes me more thoughtful, considerate, and detail-oriented.. however in opposition to that is my Pisces Ascendant.. which is also a reputable artistic sign, and helps me appreciate the beauty and magnificent divinity of everything more, but may make me too idealistic and full of grandiose intentions that never end up getting fulfilled.. again the Taurus North Node is there to serve me well to counteract getting lost in that, if I can discipline myself properly to honor and live it.

The rulers of Pisces Jupiter and Neptune are also conjunct my Midheaven, as is Mars. all in Sagittarius except Jupiter is at the beginning of Capricorn. there again is that passion to share insight and dreams with the world.. basically I want to help people heal, teach them how to, and also about the bad things they can learn better about and avoid, and help them realize and actualize their own dreams and deeper desires. I haven't put a ton of thought into how Capricorn Jupiter factors into this, but now I'm thinking of how I have all the Earth signs in my chart so I should consider its potential more. it squares my Sun, and Ascendant, so I guess it's something I have to work harder to understand and incorporate.. but I do feel like I should or could be a leader of some sort, and a lot of my life I've felt like I never could be, yet I've had some issues with authority lol so maybe the answer is that I should be the authority, and oh yes there again it is pointing to the Taurus North Node that demands me to be my own boss. well I could go on but I have quite a bit already so I'll stop there. Thank you for the thread and pondering and if you want to let me look at your chart I'll be glad to
Old 28-06-2019, 08:58 AM
Master
Wow Sapphirez! Could you do that for me as well? I'm also still struggling to get clear what I should be doing. have tried so many thing, but never does it seem to work out or lead anywhere. Maybe the Pisces thing you mention as I have Moon in Pisces.
But I'd be very interested. Not sure what you'd need to know, provided you're willing to do it for me of course :)
Old 29-06-2019, 03:17 AM
Pathfinder
Cancer has a lot of musicians and creative artists. Can you create things?
Old 29-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Hello

Thanks one and all for the replies...

I'll see you in my posts which follow this one.
Old 29-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear
Cancer has a lot of musicians and creative artists. Can you create things?

Hi Care bear

I had not thought of this before. I have typically not had a lot to do with Canceriens before having my daughter who is a cancer sun.

I am quite creative. I enjoy theatre, playing music, writing and crafting speeches...

I'd like a career which has creative aspects but I am not sure if I want it to be the main focus. I appreciate practicality and some structure as well.
Old 29-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
that's good you are contemplating all of this

Hello Sapphirez -

I am a fairly amateur astrology researcher haha... but I like to dabble and try to find some clues as they pertain to my life and the lives of those who I share a path with. More often and not I find the insights to be useful in understanding myself on a deeper level as well as helping me to form better understanding with those whom I walk with in this life.

I do think that the North Node has significance contributing to our ideal life purpose and in my opinion that should be inclusive with our career or job, but as many experience that isn't always the case.. but in a perfect world or as perfect as you can make yours it should. So I am curious about your comment of your own Nodes and the resonance you feel with them, or the lack of it.

I must admit that I was fairly quick to discount my particular dynamic of north and south nodes.
I have my North node in Aries and my South node in Libra. When I was researching it, it seemed only to resonate on a level to do with my closest relationships in this life.

If you want I can help you check out your chart further or add what I think. There are many facets of a natal chart and factors that could contribute to what we should or could be doing. They can all play their parts in some way or another.
That would be of great interest to me and I thank you for the offer. For the interest of other people possibly gaining some insights from the general sharing and discussion I am happy to post a typed up chart on here.

Of course the Sun sign is a kind of obvious one since it is your "Sun" but it's not always as personally meaningful as some of the other placements could be. Besides the North Node I do believe the Midheaven is the other main telltale territory for getting a glimpse into how you are supposed to share yourself publicly and possibly career-wise. but again there are so many signs in a chart and ways they can weave together to paint a better picture. I'll try to use my own chart to example how I think different placements add up to what I think I should ideally be doing if you don't mind

Well, my North Node is in Taurus in the 2nd house.. so that tells me that it is my destiny to work in this lifetime lol.. South Node in Scorpio 8th house has me falling back into patterns of depending on others. I have 4 planets in Scorpio too so it's kind of hard for me to escape from Scorpionic tendencies but I see the South Node as a place we have to be extra careful to try and embody the best traits of that given sign or house, so we can still be it but it's important to honor the higher energies of it..
anyway so besides work and self-sufficiency Taurus & 2nd house have to do with the Earth, grounding, nature, making money or things in general, and as I've gotten older although I've not handled the making much money or being independent part, I have grown to absolutely love nature and through research (Scorpio/8th house thing actually) I've found practical ways it positively influences life and has amazing potential to heal and remedy all sorts of problems. So I'd actually like to have a career or business where I sell nature to people lol.. would love to do it for free but you know.. I like making little bottles of essential oils in a carrier oil and decorating the bottles with pretty labels and stuff. and Taurus/2nd house is also ruled by Venus so Art is related to it too. My Sun is in Libra, and 3 of my Scorpio planets are in the 7th house with it too and that house and Libra are ruled by Venus too. I love herbs too and making other things like toothpaste and diaper cream or "baby bum balm" as I coined it for my daughter. So it'd be cool if I could have a little business making such things because I think they can really improve people's lives and replace a lot of toxic terrible products most unfortunately use. I'm not sure if I could offer products at a reasonable enough price or how I could actually do this or compete with those that already do a good job of it, but I don't know you never know.

I also just love sharing the wonderful things I've learned with people and wish everyone could know what I think we should all grow up knowing. so I don't like the term but something like a "life coach" would be awesome.. but then again my Taurus North Node reminds me that I have to live and lead more by example first before I can get success trying to get others to do things. I also have a Mercury in Virgo 6th house so that is probably also why my thoughts are too often focused on others and wanting so desperately to help them. but it makes me more thoughtful, considerate, and detail-oriented.. however in opposition to that is my Pisces Ascendant.. which is also a reputable artistic sign, and helps me appreciate the beauty and magnificent divinity of everything more, but may make me too idealistic and full of grandiose intentions that never end up getting fulfilled.. again the Taurus North Node is there to serve me well to counteract getting lost in that, if I can discipline myself properly to honor and live it.

The rulers of Pisces Jupiter and Neptune are also conjunct my Midheaven, as is Mars. all in Sagittarius except Jupiter is at the beginning of Capricorn. there again is that passion to share insight and dreams with the world.. basically I want to help people heal, teach them how to, and also about the bad things they can learn better about and avoid, and help them realize and actualize their own dreams and deeper desires. I haven't put a ton of thought into how Capricorn Jupiter factors into this, but now I'm thinking of how I have all the Earth signs in my chart so I should consider its potential more. it squares my Sun, and Ascendant, so I guess it's something I have to work harder to understand and incorporate.. but I do feel like I should or could be a leader of some sort, and a lot of my life I've felt like I never could be, yet I've had some issues with authority lol so maybe the answer is that I should be the authority, and oh yes there again it is pointing to the Taurus North Node that demands me to be my own boss. well I could go on but I have quite a bit already so I'll stop there. Thank you for the thread and pondering and if you want to let me look at your chart I'll be glad to

Thanks for sharing such a detailed and thoughtful response
... I was able to follow the more basic aspects of the placements you were speaking of but I get lost with the 'squaring' and conjunctions

I relate quite a bit to your comments on the placement of earth signs as I have some strong influences with other fire, air and water signs which can really lend me to be quite un-grounded and off with the fairies at times!
I also relate to North Node comments... My NNode is in Aries which is an energy I almost find a bit intimidating haha. I admire the Aries energy but to shift away from the 'negative' Libra aspects and into the 'Positive' Aries aspects has so far been quite a challenging contrast! I can be quite the fire cracker but I have had the tendency to subdue it as an adult so to try and 'KEEP the Peace"... which suffice to say is not working very well for me anymore since being a few years out of my first Saturn return!
I will post my chart in a moment.
Old 29-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Sun Virgo I ASC Scorpio
MoonGemini II Sagittarius
Mercury Libra III Capricorn
Venus Virgo IV Capricorn
Mars Virgo V Aquarius
Jupiter Aries R VI Pisces
Saturn Sagittarius VII Taurus
Uranus Sagittarius VIII Gemini
Neptune Capricorn R IX Cancer
Pluto Scorpio X MC Cancer
Lilith Leo XI Leo
N Node Aries XII Virgo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun in XI Moon in VIII Mercury in XII Venus in XII Mars in XI
Saturn in II Jupiter in VI Uranus in II Neptune in III
Pluto in I ASC Lilith in X MC N Node in VI

I am wondering if the degree that the North Node sign is makes a big difference in the Dharma influences. I just noticed that my North Node is only 2.24 degrees in Aries... would that mean that it is leaning towards a Pisces influence? I definitely relate to the Aries/Libra lessons... But I also really relate to Pisces North Node/Virgo SouthN. In fact... I have been very actively learning the lessons of BEING vs doing as well as overcoming this deep and pervading anxiety that there is never enough time to do everything before I die.

I just made an interesting connection in regards to my seventh which has to do with marriage and business partnerships house placement in Taurus... One of the reasons I broke up with my ex - workplace and my ex - partner is because they had what felt to me like unstable emotional personalities which I just seem to be ill - equipped in that dynamic.