Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17-06-2019, 09:51 PM
Akira Akira is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,055
  Akira's Avatar
My New Crystals ...

Hi guys
I bought a load of new crystals recently - mostly tumblestones a couple of bracelets.

My question to you guys is could anyone share their favourite ways to work with tumblestones and some of the experiences that they have had.

I have just placed them all on the windowsill to be charged. So tomorrow I want to start working with them and some suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18-06-2019, 08:53 AM
FairyCrystal FairyCrystal is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,271
  FairyCrystal's Avatar
I never buy loads, only what resonates with me and what I need. Usually I carry one or two with me in my jeans pocket.
I have put one behind each ear and one in that hollow at the top of the neck, right below the skull. I believe those are the past life chakras (Judy Hall).
But I've done that for my ears to see if it had an effect on my tinnitus.
I wore a knitted earwarmer band, you know, one of these things you wear during winter to keep your ears warm and that leaves the top of your head free.
It is easy to keep the crystals in place with that.

I often tape shungite in my neck to alleviate pain. Choose tape carefully as the glue of some can be a biotch to get off.
I leave that on until my skins starts to irritate from either the glue of the tape (i'm very sensitive) or the stone. Usually some 3 days.
I sleep with it, shower with it etc.

Sticking a whole lot in a bowl is nice. Decorative and it'll exude energy.
I have an imitation silver plate on which I have a whole lot of citrine tumbles. In the middle is a golden lotus flower with a small Lemurian sphere in it.
On the edge of the plate are imitation roses and smaller crystal points -alternating them- and in the middle of the edge 2 silvery swans (love).
I sometimes burn t-lights in small holders that I place on the edge. It's lovely.

Anywho, good luck with your tumbles!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18-06-2019, 09:46 AM
Sylmar Sylmar is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 144
 
I think that there are a few general things that might be useful.

First of all see it as a fun journey where it's completely normal to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Once you're bitten by the crystal bug you'll want to collect a lot of them at times but make sure you'll just play with them. Look at them and hold them in your hands. Also people will feel stone energy differently. I have to have it on my solar plexus to be able to feel energy, I can't feel it with my hands. With you it may be the other way around or totally different. Just experiment.

Also, it's normal to want 'high-energy' crystals as these seem the most exciting but I would not start out with Moldavite for instance. Just start with the more well-known crystals and stones that aren't overly expensive and won't overwhelm you. You don't need to spend a fortune.

Reading books is also a good idea but don't take the metaphysical descriptions of crystals too literal. You might experience something else entirely but it is a good starting point. A lot can be learned from these. Good ones in my view are the Crystal Bible books (3 volumes) by Judy Hall and The Book of Stones by Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian.

Most of all, take your time and get to know them yourself and enjoy the journey!

P.S. Some crystals will fade and lose color in the sunlight. Best not to keep crystals like Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Larimar for instance in the sunlight too long.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-07-2019, 05:04 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: I live in a house.
Posts: 1,681
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Hi guys
I bought a load of new crystals recently - mostly tumblestones a couple of bracelets.

My question to you guys is could anyone share their favourite ways to work with tumblestones and some of the experiences that they have had.

I have just placed them all on the windowsill to be charged. So tomorrow I want to start working with them and some suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Thank you


I love small tumbled stones. I put them in a bowl and if a person wants a 'reading', I have them pick up a handful of stones and have them toss them on the table. I have had so much fun doing those type of 'readings'.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Akira Akira is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,055
  Akira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I never buy loads, only what resonates with me and what I need. Usually I carry one or two with me in my jeans pocket.
I have put one behind each ear and one in that hollow at the top of the neck, right below the skull. I believe those are the past life chakras (Judy Hall).
But I've done that for my ears to see if it had an effect on my tinnitus.
I wore a knitted earwarmer band, you know, one of these things you wear during winter to keep your ears warm and that leaves the top of your head free.
It is easy to keep the crystals in place with that.

I often tape shungite in my neck to alleviate pain. Choose tape carefully as the glue of some can be a biotch to get off.
I leave that on until my skins starts to irritate from either the glue of the tape (i'm very sensitive) or the stone. Usually some 3 days.
I sleep with it, shower with it etc.

Sticking a whole lot in a bowl is nice. Decorative and it'll exude energy.
I have an imitation silver plate on which I have a whole lot of citrine tumbles. In the middle is a golden lotus flower with a small Lemurian sphere in it.
On the edge of the plate are imitation roses and smaller crystal points -alternating them- and in the middle of the edge 2 silvery swans (love).
I sometimes burn t-lights in small holders that I place on the edge. It's lovely.

Anywho, good luck with your tumbles!

Thanks for these suggestions - I would not have thought of them to be honest ...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Akira Akira is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,055
  Akira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylmar
I think that there are a few general things that might be useful.

First of all see it as a fun journey where it's completely normal to be overwhelmed in the beginning. Once you're bitten by the crystal bug you'll want to collect a lot of them at times but make sure you'll just play with them. Look at them and hold them in your hands. Also people will feel stone energy differently. I have to have it on my solar plexus to be able to feel energy, I can't feel it with my hands. With you it may be the other way around or totally different. Just experiment.

Also, it's normal to want 'high-energy' crystals as these seem the most exciting but I would not start out with Moldavite for instance. Just start with the more well-known crystals and stones that aren't overly expensive and won't overwhelm you. You don't need to spend a fortune.

Reading books is also a good idea but don't take the metaphysical descriptions of crystals too literal. You might experience something else entirely but it is a good starting point. A lot can be learned from these. Good ones in my view are the Crystal Bible books (3 volumes) by Judy Hall and The Book of Stones by Robert Simmons & Naisha Ahsian.

Most of all, take your time and get to know them yourself and enjoy the journey!

P.S. Some crystals will fade and lose color in the sunlight. Best not to keep crystals like Amethyst, Rose Quartz and Larimar for instance in the sunlight too long.

Hi Sylmar thanks for your response. I am not new to crystals, I just have an on and off relationship with them. I wore a moldavite pendant for years, before putting it to bed when I decided to have a crystal break. It has been about 7 years since I was busy with them.

I was kinda looking more for ideas re: how people use their crystals as aside from wearing them and meditating with them I have no other ways that I work with them. There are a few around the house and my plants, however right now that is it. So if you have any suggestions on this front this would be cool.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-07-2019, 03:12 PM
Akira Akira is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,055
  Akira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I love small tumbled stones. I put them in a bowl and if a person wants a 'reading', I have them pick up a handful of stones and have them toss them on the table. I have had so much fun doing those type of 'readings'.

BigJohn I love this idea so much - it's fabulous
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-07-2019, 06:46 PM
FairyCrystal FairyCrystal is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,271
  FairyCrystal's Avatar
Indeed a nice idea. Reminds of what I've thought of doing, but never got around to actually doing, haha.
I have a wooden thingie to put on the wall that is like 5 drawers. Each one looks like a house with a pointed roof and has a heart in the front.
It's sheer decoration, I keep nothing in it. But I have thought of putting a tumble in each and have visitors choose one drawer and see if the stone in it, and what it stands for, resonates with them.

I also have gemstone runes. These are a leftover from the shop I've had. I'm not really into runes but sometimes it's nice.
The runes are very simply written on them with silver marker. You could do that yourself as well, if you like runes.
Put them in a pouch and choose one intuitively without looking. You can have friends do the same.

Crystal water. Experiment with that. Makes different types in one go, see which one you like best. The flavour does vary quite a lot!

Give labradorite water to especially cats. Cats transmute a lot of dense, negative energy from their owners and can use that little help.

Make a small crystal healing grid for yourself or a loved one. Ask consent if their adults / 14+.
I've got 2 pieces of Maria glass upstairs with a small piece of paper underneath each with the name of my children on it, one for each child.
This is the beaut of Maria glass as it brings healing and energy what they need, without it ever interfering with their free will. So it's not programmed to do anything in particular other than send them loving energy, and if needed, healing.
Both my kids are adults, and I have asked their consent.
Sometimes I put crystals on top of the Maria glass, right now the one for my son has some 4-5 small crystal skulls on it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Akira Akira is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,055
  Akira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Indeed a nice idea. Reminds of what I've thought of doing, but never got around to actually doing, haha.
I have a wooden thingie to put on the wall that is like 5 drawers. Each one looks like a house with a pointed roof and has a heart in the front.
It's sheer decoration, I keep nothing in it. But I have thought of putting a tumble in each and have visitors choose one drawer and see if the stone in it, and what it stands for, resonates with them.

I also have gemstone runes. These are a leftover from the shop I've had. I'm not really into runes but sometimes it's nice.
The runes are very simply written on them with silver marker. You could do that yourself as well, if you like runes.
Put them in a pouch and choose one intuitively without looking. You can have friends do the same.


Crystal water. Experiment with that. Makes different types in one go, see which one you like best. The flavour does vary quite a lot!

Give labradorite water to especially cats. Cats transmute a lot of dense, negative energy from their owners and can use that little help.

Make a small crystal healing grid for yourself or a loved one. Ask consent if their adults / 14+.
I've got 2 pieces of Maria glass upstairs with a small piece of paper underneath each with the name of my children on it, one for each child.
This is the beaut of Maria glass as it brings healing and energy what they need, without it ever interfering with their free will. So it's not programmed to do anything in particular other than send them loving energy, and if needed, healing.
Both my kids are adults, and I have asked their consent.
Sometimes I put crystals on top of the Maria glass, right now the one for my son has some 4-5 small crystal skulls on it.

Thanks for this. I am currently working quite a lot with crystals. I drew away from them for such a long time and they were all tucked away in draws. Now I am back on it, with them playing centre stage in my life. Really love the idea of making crystal waters, have you got any book recommendations on this?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18-07-2019, 04:44 PM
FairyCrystal FairyCrystal is offline
Master
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,271
  FairyCrystal's Avatar
Just Google it and make sure the stone can be used for it. Like gypsums can dissolve, others can be toxic, some may rust (pyrite, Lapis Lazuli --> usually has pyrite specks in it).
Tons of info on it online. Experimenting is great as each crystal has another flavour :) I used to love white topaz, but when I made that a few years later I didn't like it at all! I gave it to the plants, haha.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums