Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I have wanted to commit suicide many times in this lifetime but I don't because I will heap more shoot on myself in the next lifetime to make up for it.

Did you know that's the Hindu take on it? Part of the reason we are reborn is to continue to learn, and to finish what we were doing in previous lives. It's like a story arc in a tv show. The main theme of the show (the life) is there but sub-plots carry over life to life. To check out early simply sets the soul back.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
That being said, I would never condone suicide as the effect on your family members will be life long, and sad and painful. You need to figure out why you think about this and find some way to think about living your life, being ok and loving the people who love you. So, if you decide to do this you need to remember that it is not just about you, it is about everyone you have encountered and interact with. Whether you get counseling or not, you are ultimately the one who has to figure out how to be ok.
I agree with this, cause our lives are more than about ourselves, but the people we have in it, (even if they are strangers that we encounter.) And to figure out the root that causes those thoughts that come up, I found that perhaps some part of them feels inadequate, not sufficient enough. I feel that's more of a fear, fear of the unknown, fear the worse to come of "what will come" - so they feel that they will just let other's down and ultimately make them feel helpless. Which they aren't helpless, it's just a matter of them seeing past that.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickswordfish
Since i was 12 my ultimate goal has been to kill myself , what will happen to me if i do it

Out of interest, Rickswordfish, what would you hope to achieve by killing yourself?

Or what are you trying to avoid?

Peace.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:35 AM
Master
That is a problem for after you are dead.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Master

If we have free will - as it is said - then it shouldn't be a problem.

Unless of course it's 'free will but...' - which rather upsets the apple cart.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
Did you know that's the Hindu take on it? Part of the reason we are reborn is to continue to learn, and to finish what we were doing in previous lives. It's like a story arc in a tv show. The main theme of the show (the life) is there but sub-plots carry over life to life. To check out early simply sets the soul back.

I agree.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:07 PM
Guide
@linen53 My cousin told me something similar and she did try to commit suicide 3 times, that is why she told me about her past life. She never had it easy but a lot of it was in her head. She turned to drugs and religion to keep from feeling the pain.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:42 PM
Master

Hi WildHairedWoman.

One of my most prominent life lessons I had to learn in this life was about victimhood.

Getting out of my own pity party came in stages. Buy boy am I glad I learned that lesson.

Learning that I actually chose the bad things that happened to me this lifetime took the focus off of my perpetrators and put responsibility directly on me. They were merely the instruments to set the stage for my life lessons.

So far I get an A+.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:00 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Bad idea.

Watch the movie "What Dreams May Come" to find out why and what the consequences may be.
The star of the movie committed suicide by hanging in real life, in the movie his wife committed suicide, did his spirit contacted anyone on SF?
That would be very interesting and for some entertainment if it is not unethical, who will start a thread were deceased celebrities are able to tell their stories?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Hi WildHairedWoman.

One of my most prominent life lessons I had to learn in this life was about victimhood.

Getting out of my own pity party came in stages. Buy boy am I glad I learned that lesson.

Learning that I actually chose the bad things that happened to me this lifetime took the focus off of my perpetrators and put responsibility directly on me. They were merely the instruments to set the stage for my life lessons.

So far I get an A+.

I SO BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID! We CHOOSE our experiences, not always conciously, but due to our inner beliefs. I've tried to explain that to many kids, (I was a HS teacher) but a true victim doesn't want it to stop, they can't be a victim that way, LOL At the end of the day it is an attention seeking behavior. I always say: "Why do you hit yourself in the head with a hammer?" Because it feels SO GOOD when you stop!