Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 21-06-2019, 01:54 AM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: India
Posts: 2,200
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This supposes that the merging into Oneness is restricted to the duration of the meditation. In which case I suggest that this is not true merging into Oneness.

When we truly dissolve the identification with separation and enter the state of Oneness (which is our own natural state) then this state remains, whether we are sitting in meditation or living everyday life.

Yes, consciousness continues to function through individual mind/emotions/physical body which is distinct from other mind-bodies but Oneness is ever-present, pervading everything. It never goes away. The body is just a vehicle moving within an infinite ocean of Oneness.

Peace.

***

What we bring back is the essence of the totality and yet when in duality the ‘knowingness’ is not the ‘undiluted being-ness’

There is a consciousness shift which signals that whilst we know we are yet adrift.

***
__________________
exiting anticipating
clinging & stagnating
I AM
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21-06-2019, 02:35 AM
ActualityOfBeing ActualityOfBeing is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 18
 
There is only One, forgetting itself and dreaming. Everything you see & hear is the dream, the seeing & hearing are dream, the body and mind are dream. You, however, are directly The One. The knower of seeing & hearing, the love, the intelligence, the good (conscience), that’s directly you. You create a dream of “things”, and once “in” the dream, via the mind, relatively speaking, you are nothing. But nothing is magic. Everything you see & hear is magic, the seeing & hearing is magic, the experience is quite literally magic - you.

So to your inquiry regarding the apparent back & forth between deep meditation states and the loss of it in the activities of the functioning world...they are not the least bit different. Like trees arise front the ground, thought arises from nothing, magic. For you a tree is a tree, not to be believed or not, not to direct you or not. But thoughts appear quite different than trees, and in believing some thoughts and not others, you create an idea of an identity. This “identity” can never be located, isolated, or even described by any account of your own direct experience, because it is an idea. This “self” idea is only ever described or referred to via more ideas, never a direct experience of it. The belief in this idea of you is so convincing, decisions are made regarding what you can & can’t do in this life, what you are capable of or not, what you can achieve or not, etc.

That you do not know who you are, that you believe there are things, is actually a testimony to just how unfathomably magic you actually are.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-07-2019, 05:37 AM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: India
Posts: 2,200
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
***

Hiranyagarbha ... the One splits into two
The two merge to fuse as One
Duality to Nonduality and back like a pulse
The vibration of movement aliveness

***
__________________
exiting anticipating
clinging & stagnating
I AM
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-07-2019, 02:42 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,031
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualityOfBeing
There is only One, forgetting itself and dreaming. Everything you see & hear is the dream, the seeing & hearing are dream, the body and mind are dream. You, however, are directly The One. The knower of seeing & hearing, the love, the intelligence, the good (conscience), that’s directly you. You create a dream of “things”, and once “in” the dream, via the mind, relatively speaking, you are nothing. But nothing is magic. Everything you see & hear is magic, the seeing & hearing is magic, the experience is quite literally magic - you.

So to your inquiry regarding the apparent back & forth between deep meditation states and the loss of it in the activities of the functioning world...they are not the least bit different. Like trees arise front the ground, thought arises from nothing, magic. For you a tree is a tree, not to be believed or not, not to direct you or not. But thoughts appear quite different than trees, and in believing some thoughts and not others, you create an idea of an identity. This “identity” can never be located, isolated, or even described by any account of your own direct experience, because it is an idea. This “self” idea is only ever described or referred to via more ideas, never a direct experience of it. The belief in this idea of you is so convincing, decisions are made regarding what you can & can’t do in this life, what you are capable of or not, what you can achieve or not, etc.

That you do not know who you are, that you believe there are things, is actually a testimony to just how unfathomably magic you actually are.
Welcome here!!!!!
__________________
.,
,
,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-07-2019, 12:36 AM
FallingLeaves FallingLeaves is offline
Master
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,865
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
***

Hiranyagarbha ... the One splits into two
The two merge to fuse as One
Duality to Nonduality and back like a pulse
The vibration of movement aliveness

***

the problem is it either takes a lot of effort (which sometimes evidences in these circles as going to a lot of effort to learn to not go to any effort) or it takes divine help to go from two back to one. Because by default our desire is to go from one to two to three and then on to all sorts of things... (ch 42 of the Tao Te Ching)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-07-2019, 03:33 AM
Unseeking Seeker Unseeking Seeker is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: India
Posts: 2,200
  Unseeking Seeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the problem is it either takes a lot of effort (which sometimes evidences in these circles as going to a lot of effort to learn to not go to any effort) or it takes divine help to go from two back to one. Because by default our desire is to go from one to two to three and then on to all sorts of things... (ch 42 of the Tao Te Ching)

***

No doer and so no effort.

We just be in sync with the Divine pulse.

The union, ignition in unending continuation, the separation for assimilation and then re-fusion.

***
__________________
exiting anticipating
clinging & stagnating
I AM
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 14,031
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
The Oneness enigma....when I raise my arm....does it effect a butterfly in China?
Are consciousness and air like water? Like when a fish is in distress it's felt by all others?
Or when a tree falls in the forest and no one is there ...is your husband still wrong?

__________________
.,
,
,

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.







Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-07-2019, 07:14 AM
God-Like God-Like is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,323
  God-Like's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The Oneness enigma....when I raise my arm....does it effect a butterfly in China?
Are consciousness and air like water? Like when a fish is in distress it's felt by all others?
Or when a tree falls in the forest and no one is there ...is your husband still wrong?



This is the beauty of individuality


x daz x
__________________
Everything under the sun is in tune,but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums