Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Master

To All . . .

In getting back to the original thread of existence . . .

There is no such “thing” as nothing. There is no “place” in all of Existence where “nothing” prevails. There is always something . . . whether it is form in the psychic worlds or formless beyond the psychic worlds. Even a vacuum is filled with something . . . whether the human eye or consciousness can detect and understand it is another matter.

Perception is the cornerstone to the entire Path. What we “see” . . . forms our beliefs and realizations. Perception too can be form or formless. The latter is often perceived as “nothing” by the mind as it is mind’s explanation of that which mind cannot understand and cannot truly perceive. Mind can neither enter nor interact beyond the psychic worlds.

Lastly . . . passion for God and Truth is another cornerstone to the Path and tends to govern the far steps. To begin to solve and resolve the endless inquisitive questions the mind has about Existence . . . and to move beyond them . . . demands a quiet desire that is quite persistent. This is NOT a fanaticism in any way. The Eastern religions tend to downplay desire and this is something that each individual has to solve on their own. Desire . . . again . . . is a paradox. We do give it up . . . and yet we do not.

Passion . . . and the willingness to be aware of opportunities and the courage to take the risks those opportunities present to “find out” . . . will carry one far beyond the psychic worlds.

There are probably a half-dozen new separate threads in this thread alone. Adventure lies ahead.
Old 28-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
In getting back to the original thread of existence . . .

There is no such “thing” as nothing.
Believes this to be true and observable. Nothing to go back to and I don't feel they meant this. Actually we aren't talking about that. An awesome thought though, nothing should exist, but doesn't.

Quote:
Mind can neither enter nor interact beyond the psychic worlds.
Now this is belief imo. So "nothing" will allow the I to interact? Some will say this is not true. Nothing is possible then, it can't be done when everything is possible? It exists. What is the concept of nothing because we say nothing is true. Belief becomes as real as anything physical if that's what is seen. I just thought it important not to reject beliefs. What is real, is it the same as what we feel is. I thought this thought as important as the other.
Old 29-06-2019, 12:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
ThatMan . . .

I have often considered starting a thread on being a slave to our beliefs. What you say here is quite true. We ARE a slave to our *old* beliefs. We can begin to revise them at any time . . . but two questions always haunt us . . . how do we really give up a strong belief we have held for a long time . . . and what do we replace it with . . . if anything.

“Belief” is a word that has been totally perverted by society and the human state of consciousness / mind. To give up all beliefs leaves one a zombie. It actually cannot be done. But beliefs resolve into knowingness . . . and knowingness resolves into understanding.

Mind will tell you that it can both “know” and “understand.” It can’t . . . in the worlds beyond itself. And mind . . . like the physical body . . . has almost a life of its own . . . in that when the individual begins to understand what the mind is in relation to Soul Itself . . . in that mind is not Soul and Soul is not mind . . . and then that individual begins to show a real interest in moving beyond the mind . . . mind . . . as an almost distinguishable entity of its own . . . is fully capable of launching intense warfare on the individual to maintain the control that mind had held and lived from for many, many eons. Mind . . . will NOT give up easily.

“Ego” is another of those words that has been totally perverted. Ego is simply the sense of “I-ness” as opposed to the presence or “I-ness” of another individual. Ego has been warped into that which is any passion, desire, or belief of the individual. That isn’t quite true . . . but takes a long time to resolve. Again . . . a paradox. Ego needs to be tamed and understood rather than killed or destroyed. Since Soul Itself is an individual entity . . . one never seems to lose the “I-ness” of moving within Existence . . . or simply being present within Existence . . . depending on where one “is.”

ThatMan . . . please consider . . . that if you “battle” the ego . . . you give it just as much energy as you do it you simply cater to and promote it. You cannot fight against mind. That’s why negation rarely if ever works. There are other ways to go about it. These ways are not openly taught . . . nor will they ever be highly promoted. One must uncover and begin to use them in a quiet, passionate . . . yet committed way.

On we go.

Great sharing. I enjoyed reading all you offered.
I’m seeing there are many ways, angles to look at the ego or conditioned mindset. Many opportunities to learn where one still holds on, craves, needs, desires. I’m aware right now of others in this way playing out around me, it’s another level of seeing myself, observing myself in there projections. I’m witnessing the points where relationships can become entangled and bridged in condependence. I’m witnessing how I can effortlessly move through my clear open state and support their deeper levels without taking on, allowing a fuller process of their projections towards me, to be looked at closely for themselves. My openness supporting their process.

As far as not holding beliefs, I relate this as ‘not holding on’ ‘not containing myself or my inner process’. Without reasons I allow all cause to move through me. Build clarity, openness, presence more grounded and able. In this way my clarity becomes my clear foundation for life to move through me, as I experience and connect to others.

The most interesting aspect of opening in this way is how I’ve overcome the stifled cycles most highly sensitive people cant get through. Feeling others pain and suffering, the weight of the world beating down heavily in their empathic shoulders.

Some beliefs are so deeply ingrained, I have found reprogramming them was the only way to end them, more clear. Change the inner dialogue to one of loving, compassionate response. In this way, your self nurturer, makes friends with those parts of yourself still needing loving kindness. Still struggling to let go fully. Still being beaten down by the self critic.
Old 29-06-2019, 01:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Still being beaten down by the self critic.

Good afternoon JustBe

Have fun with that
Old 29-06-2019, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon JustBe

Have fun with that

I am now muffin. Once upon a time it wasn’t fun. I used to beat myself up inwardly big time. Making friends with that inner critic takes a lot of practice.
Are you having fun with yours?
Old 29-06-2019, 06:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I am now muffin. Once upon a time it wasn’t fun. I used to beat myself up inwardly big time. Making friends with that inner critic takes a lot of practice.
Are you having fun with yours?

We are our own worse enemy, who need a critic we do a pretty dam good job all by ourselves, things can pass with time.

What that old saying... keep your enemies close by, helps the time go by
Old 30-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Master

Lemex . . .

You will find the awareness that mind cannot step beyond the psychic worlds when you actually DO step beyond the psychic worlds. The psychic worlds are the mind / emotions / body. Mind cannot step beyond itself. Soul . . . can . . . because Soul Itself is of those worlds beyond the psychic but It just doesn’t know that . . . nor what that means. The entire Path through the psychic worlds can one looked upon as discovering what one is by first discovering what one is not. Soul eventually discovers that It does not need the mind to “be aware” . . . or conscious . . . though Soul does accept that It needs the mind to be mentally aware.

JustBe and muffin . . .

As the old saying goes . . . We have met the enemy and the enemy is us. To me . . . this is another example of as paradox. “Us” . . . is a social construct . . . a group concept. If one totally goes along with the group . . . then the enemy is “us.” But the more valid statement would be . . . the enemy is me . . . because “me” has accepted what the cultures and teachings has dictated to us. This is part of the Path. Tie this in with what I said above . . . that we discover what we truly are by first discovering what we are NOT.

What one finally discovers in trying to revise or restructure the mind and the beliefs one holds . . . is that one cannot “fight” the mind from either extreme . . . or perhaps . . . one cannot “pressure” the mind from either extreme. In other words . . . pressing in against the mind by being either for OR against something . . . just strengthens the belief. Obviously . . . if one is intensely “for” something . . . the belief strengthens through positive reinforcement. If one fights the mind through negation . . . the belief is again strengthened via attention and emotion . . . such as always wanting to get rid of “that” belief. This just makes it stronger.

So . . . what to do?

One finds that one cannot fight the mind but it CAN be led . . . not necessarily in a constant and insistent battle to head *this* way or think *this* way . . . but in a gentle and persistent nudging towards the belief / concept / idea that one wishes to incorporate. If the mind strays 1000 times . . . you bring it back 1001 . . . gently yet firmly . . . with focus. “I believe *this* to be more valid” . . . or “I believe *this* will open more doors” . . . or “I believe *this* will be of greater benefit” . . . and just keep reminding yourself of those concepts. Slowly . . . one replaces the other. New beliefs are strengthened . . . hopefully in the direction that is more of your choosing.

Does this take a long time? Yup. But it’s also fabulous training for the mind to look for the more positive . . . the better . . . the more advanced . . . the more unfolded . . . the more open . . . or whatever word(s) one wishes to use in all of this.

Consider the mind to be a toddler throwing a tantrum. “I believe the old ways . . . I believe the old beliefs . . . wahhh . . . wahhh.”

And then you come along and gently revise . . . perceive anew . . . steer the mind’s attention towards the goal or the revision.

It works.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon zorkchop

Thanks, I know where your coming from, just as I do with JustBe.