Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon
...Says NoOne with 633 posts. We could go on all night here.

I read that one as his 632th post.

Meh..
Old 19-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Master

Quote:
...Says NoOne with 633 posts. We could go on all night here.

Not to mention, I made that post at 11:11 my time and as I was reading your post it was 11:19, 2019.11.19

It is getting ridiculous, stop it now already, hahaha
Old 19-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Same statements are made by Christians about the Old Testament.
The more I study the Old Testament and the Qur'an, the more they have unity with each other.

Well they would have similar spiritual concepts, because Islam was an outgrowth of Judaism. But no, they are not compatible in any literal sense, despite sharing some principles. You could only declare them literally compatible if both texts are understood in the vaguest, most high-level sense possible.

Anyway, I shouldn't even be answering this as I didn't start this thread to debate the veracity of Islamic claims so let's not take that any further.
Old 19-11-2019, 10:25 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Not to mention, I made that post at 11:11 my time and as I was reading your post it was 11:19, 2019.11.19

It is getting ridiculous, stop it now already, hahaha

Old 19-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Hi all,

So many people on this forum claim to be channeling information from various celestial sources. The difficulty I have with it is, no two sources ever agree on everything - and many sources disagree on a lot of things! Just for fun I'd love to try and meld all these channeled sources together into one belief system - it would end up as a load of befuddled nonsense, no doubt.

[2] Even some of the most universally held spiritual beliefs are up for debate, according to channelers. Possibly the single most universal spiritual belief is karma, yet there's at least one popular psychic/writer who claims karma does not exist. Reincarnation is another similarly universal spiritual belief, yet Christian mystics experience vivid apparitions that fully accord with the Christian teaching of only a single lifetime.

[1] There are only two explanations I can summon for this that do not appear to be a complete affront to logic. Those are:

1) Channeling is either entirely sourced from, or heavily influenced by the channeler's subconscious beliefs and the collective consciousness. If it is partly sourced from truth then the channeler's level of consciousness would appear to determine how much of this truth is accessible.

2) Whoever/whatever lies beyond the celestial curtain does not want us to know the true nature of reality, as the nature of the divine plan requires that we live in ignorance. Thus it disseminates conflicting information as a message that the complete truth is not ours to know on this side of the curtain.

How else can we logically interpret such a multitude of differing, incompatible opinions?

If you are a channeler: knowing that others are having similarly vivid experiences, on what basis do you assume that your visions are correct but others' are not?

Thank you very much for reading - hope you have a blessed day and I look forward to reading your views.

You make some great points, and there are several other reasons to doubt channeled information.

That's why, the only way to find out, is to do channeling yourself, and not put your faith in others' accounts.

[1] You are correct: the channeled message is influenced by the channel's beliefs, expectations, emotions. When done with an audience, the audience's beliefs, expectations, emotions affect in some degree the channeled message too.

Many honest channels full themselves in providing distorted messages because they aren't careful enough to live aside their beliefs, expectations, emotions, and to shield themselves from their audience's influences.

There are also professional channels that do it for profit and / or glory, and sometimes they just make things up for the benefit of their audience.

[2] Karma isn't what most people believe to be. There is a lot of misinterpretation, as it happens with any belief and with the word-of-mouth. It isn't a punishment / reward law. All your thoughts and emotions create thought-forms, that then materialize into situations in your life, and only yours. Those thought-forms remain attached to your entity until neutralized by other thoughts and emotions of yours. That means that they have effect over different incarnations too. The thought-forms you create don't have effect on other entities. Other entities' thought-forms don't have effect on you.

Reincarnation has different contradictory interpretations that result from the distortions of the messages received by those who contacted "the other side", due to all the causes discussed for channeling, as due to our imperfect way of perceiving our reality.

The apparent contradiction between reincarnation and having only one life, as you mentioned, is actually caused by the way we believe reincarnation happens. Each one of us, these us who chat on forums, lives only once. When we die we "wake up" to our own inner-selves, the inner-self (entity) that has multiple incarnations. An analogy: the entity is like a stem with many leaves, each leaf being an incarnation.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-11-2019, 08:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Interesting, I was hard-agreeing with you until you mentioned goddesses. There was a period when God was unequivocally male (or at least best represented by a man), and now post-feminism, it's cool for God to suddenly be a woman. [1] Of course belief in godesses has existed in other cultures and at other times, but to me it's all just part of the whims and fancies of human imagination. Surely whatever is behind the curtain transcends those limitations of our species?

And yeah, the 33 thing was a little discombobulating at first, but then I got used to it too. [2] I wonder what it all means. And I wonder if it's possible to be combobulated?

[1] We tend to anthropomorphize ... and not only the "afterlife". It is fine as long as we remember that.

[2] There are two kinds of synchronicities:

1) This 33, 11, and other "events" we notice, are the result of our need to get answers, to make sense of things we don't understand. There is nothing wrong in observing such events, as long as we don't get drawn into chasing for meanings that aren't there. They aren't, in most cases, message from beyond.

2) When situations align to facilitate something in our lives, or when obstacle after obstacle rise in our path. This happens because our incarnations come with blueprints, and when we're in line with them things come easy, and when we aren't ...
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-11-2019, 08:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Same statements are made by Christians about the Old Testament.
The more I study the Old Testament and the Qur'an, the more they have unity with each other.

They are different interpretations of the same wider reality, distorted differently unintentionally by their original sources, and later more ore less unintentionally by their subscribers.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
They are different interpretations of the same wider reality, distorted differently unintentionally by their original sources, and later more ore less unintentionally by their subscribers.
Can you give examples?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-11-2019, 01:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Can you give examples?
It was a general observation. Why should I offend anybody who cherishes his beliefs? If you give a specific example and I have an opinion, I might reply.
An example from a tv series I just watched ... A police report stated that a woman with a green coat was seen several times exiting a house were a murder was committed. While a couple of investigators were watching the house of a person of interest, a woman wearing a blue coat exited that house. One of the investigators remarked that the blue coat, under the yellow light of the street lighting, should appear to be green.
Old 20-11-2019, 01:49 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I think we are all 'special' in our own way, we're not clones LOL.

I was talking more "Reincarnation of Jesus" special rather than "participation award" special.