Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 07-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Are pendulums safe to use?

Hello. I recently bought a crystal pendulum and it worked very well. The only trouble is it felt too strong. The first night after buying it I had a dream and then it was interrupted with someone saying "In coming" and a girl's ghost leapt through the wall. Then what seemed real and not in the dream I heard like a roaring wind and a brush up on my left thigh. I screamed and woke up. It's scarred me off using it now. So I'm concentrating on meditation and hands on healing. Would love to know if anybody else has had similar experiences? Thank you.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Master
No. Pendulums are not safe to use. They are as potentially dangerous as a ouija board. So you want to have your protections in place.

I had a very scary experience with the pendulum but I worked through it, though not without consequence.
Old 13-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Master

Pendulums are quite safe to use, they are not the same as Ouija boards. I've been using a pendulum for over thirty years with no problems at all.

The muscle twitches that move the pendulum are caused by signals that are sent along the neurological pathways. These signals are sent through the subconscious.

Can I ask why you buried it?

The dream you had sounds more like you astrally projected in your dream (many people experience hearing the wind when they project).

The only thing that may have happened is the pendulum helped open your intuitive and psychic chanels.

Jenny Crow
Old 13-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Deactivated Account

I have yet to read of a bad experience with pendulums, at least on this forum. I don't use them. Personally, I think it's important to be aware of the energy and vibration you bring with you before working with any divinity tool. For example, working with white light and blessing your surrounding. Keep in mind the saying like attracts like..
Old 13-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Master
You have now heard of an unsafe experience with a pendulum.

Granted, I was using it over a keyboard and spelling out words with no thought of protection. It was like the nightmare on elm street.

I didn't really believe in spirit possession at all before that but it is real. Luckily I had higher guidance that helped me through that process so I didn't lose my mind but it could have easily happened..

I am just saying that Pendulums are not necessarily safe. I got letters, then syllables, then words that I had to decipher and pretty soon the syllables were in my head and they turned into nonstop dialogue..That's not good

The truth is it was my time and that was a way to provoke me to experiment and learn how to communicate and because it was time to receive training.

Still the beginning stage of that was absolutely terrifying and it was from using a simple pendulum, so it is a false statement to say that pendulums are perfectly safe.
Old 13-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Pendulums are quite safe to use, they are not the same as Ouija boards. I've been using a pendulum for over thirty years with no problems at all.

The muscle twitches that move the pendulum are caused by signals that are sent along the neurological pathways. These signals are sent through the subconscious.

Can I ask why you buried it?

The dream you had sounds more like you astrally projected in your dream (many people experience hearing the wind when they project).

The only thing that may have happened is the pendulum helped open your intuitive and psychic chanels.

Jenny Crow

I would agree that you likely just opened your mind up and achieved astral projection....It seems to me that the concentration and focus needed to have a good session with your pendulum can set the mind up for other adventures too!
I wouldn't be troubled about it....it might even lead you to learning something interesting

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 15-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Master
If it doesn't feel right, don't do it.

This is not fun and games. If you want to potentially lose all sanity then you go against your instincts and play with fire, but don't advise somebody else to do that. It's not responsible.

I used the pendulum for years and the ouija board and I tried automatic writing but nothing bad ever happened that I was aware of...

Until it did.

@Jenny Crow, you cannot promise that a pendulum is perfectly safe. On what authority do you make this guarantee?

I know differently. I am sure that it is usually not a problem, but it has the potential to be a problem.

If somebody doesn't feel right about something then they should trust their instincts. Doesn't that make sense?
Old 23-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
No. Pendulums are not safe to use. They are as potentially dangerous as a ouija board. So you want to have your protections in place.

I had a very scary experience with the pendulum but I worked through it, though not without consequence.
I have wondered the same thing so I do not use a pendulum. I have been thinking ouiji boards if I am correct only work at night time. If that is correct you can use a pendulum during the day and it will be safe. I would like to hear other peoples opinion on that.
Old 26-07-2016, 05:20 AM
Master
Ouija works during the day. I would set up protections and treat it with respect and chances are you won't have a problem. Follow your intuition, that is your best guide. If it says 'do it' then do it. If it says 'don't do it' then don't do it.

I did have a bad experience that is still a major problem to this day. That was an exception and not the rule.
Old 26-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Master

Thanks Rozie. I was hoping pendulums would be safe to use during the day and not like a ouiji board. What a shame. I do not like ouiji boards. They scare me. It is creepy. I do not know how people can stand playing with them. I thought pendulums must be similar to ouiji boards. I was hoping I was wrong.