Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 23-04-2019, 08:52 AM
Suspended

Run away from your family if they disapprove of you being a Catholic
Old 23-04-2019, 08:56 AM
Suspended

Thats not a kingdom.
Now this ........ is a kingdom!
Old 23-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Master
Are you ok Wally?

Please be careful not to spread untruths if that isn't your intention.
Old 23-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untersberg56
is where you stand as regards religious beliefs

I am not religious, I am not going to church, mosque, temple or any other organization.
I do meditate with a mantra (transcendental meditation) 2 times daily for 20 minutes.
Out of curiosity I personally studied the Bible and the Quran a long time ago maybe to understand the way people are.
My conclusion so far is that humans will always fight each other, majority vs minority, majority vs majority,minority vs minority etc. and they fight because of money, wealth, political power, religious reason, color, race, for having another opinion, beauty, women, men, intelligence, culture, language, jalousie, even when debating, writing a good story etc.

I hope you are satisfied with my answer regarding religious beliefs.

Last edited by Taking a Break : 23-04-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 23-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Knower
The "clobber verses" of the Bible.
  • Leviticus 18:22
  • 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
  • 1 Timothy 1:9-10
  • Romans 1:26-27
I am gay but not Christian (anymore). I'm Hindu, which has nothing theological to say about homosexuality, gender-fluidity, or any "alternative" sexuality for that matter. I don't take these verses seriously for myself (anymore), but I feel the conflict, anguish and pain they cause to gay Christians. And while it's probably true these verses cannot and should not be taken at face value, having a deeper context and meaning, they are taken at face value by those who have a thing against homosexuality.
Old 23-04-2019, 02:00 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untersberg56
what was your real motive in drawing attention in that peculiar manner to the massacre.

Do you mean the quote I posted sunday 21-04-2019, about the Bible - Exodus 32:27
Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’”

This is just a quote from the bible I don't like, nothing less and nothing more.
My apologies for upsetting you.
I'm against killing/executing people for whatever reasons, even the death sentence/penalty, they should re-educate all criminals. (not the communist way)
I hope your satisfied with my answer, be specific another time because I'm guessing a lot about your intentions. Did I hurt your feelings? Was that quote from the Bible unethical at that time? etc.
Old 23-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Knower

Taking a Break

Thank you for your two replies which are satisfactory. Try to be clear about the points you wish to make.
My feelings do not get hurt. I have a hybrid religion. I am not of the Jewish race and therefore I see no reason to take account of the Old Testament.

Wally

"St.Bernard had a vision in which he beheld two ladders extending from Earth to Heaven. At the top of one ladder the Christ appeared, and Mary was at the top of the other. Those trying to enter Heaven by Christ's ladder were constantly tumbling down and meeting with perpetual failure, those who attempted it by Mary's ladder always succeeded, for she put forth her hands to assist them."

Bishop Alphonse de Ligouri was responsible more than any other for promoting the worship of Mary. In his book "The Glories of Mary" he explained that Jesus rules the Kingdom of Justice whereas Mary rules the Kingdom of Mercy.

At Fatima on 13 June 1917 the Immaculata declared that She wished to establish in the world devotion to Her Immaculate Heart, and promised salvation to those who embrace it. At Heede twenty years later She proclaimed Herself to be Queen of the Universe.
Old 23-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Master
I'm as confused as Taking a Break by Untersburg56 comments. OP was just quoting from scripture, nothing was mentioned about any attack originally was it.
Old 23-04-2019, 09:14 PM
Knower

He and I have exchanged private messages. There is no problem.
Old 23-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Master