Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-04-2019, 01:11 AM
Suspended

I almost became a serious Buddhist

But I started to see that independence and self-sufficiency aren't enough. Yes the mind can be the root of all evil and I think Buddhism is essentially free self therapy. You can address some mental health issues for sure. I mean I was and still am a worry wart. Anxious thoughts can still control me.
But now I try to hand my anxiety over. over to JC. let him handle it.
I felt a certain coldness in Buddhism. I needed relationship. Relationship with a deity. And letting God being in charge. because when I am in charge things seem to go downhill.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:16 AM
janielee

I really respect how devout Christians are in spreading the word of Jesus Christ and converting followers to the "one true religion"

If nothing else, their willingness to cross the seas and help the poor, lost souls is a sign of faith.

Imagine what it could be if it was combined with wisdom and genuine sympathy for others.

JL
Old 11-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I really respect how devout Christians are in spreading the word of Jesus Christ and converting followers to the "one true religion"

If nothing else, their willingness to cross the seas and help the poor, lost souls is a sign of faith.

Imagine what it could be if it was combined with wisdom and genuine sympathy for others.

JL
Hope you are not trying to troll me.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
But I started to see that independence and self-sufficiency aren't enough. Yes the mind can be the root of all evil and I think Buddhism is essentially free self therapy. You can address some mental health issues for sure. I mean I was and still am a worry wart. Anxious thoughts can still control me.
But now I try to hand my anxiety over. over to JC. let him handle it.
I felt a certain coldness in Buddhism. I needed relationship. Relationship with a deity. And letting God being in charge. because when I am in charge things seem to go downhill.

The pathways chosen are really just a way to understand yourself in them. So whatever works for you, in understanding and learning the truth as you. People surrender to all manner of ways and paths, in the end it’s the surrendering process that supports to reveal and undo what you need to see and release.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:56 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Hope you are not trying to troll me.

Definitely not...but on reflection I have to laugh at this title.

"I almost became a serious Buddhist"

Old 11-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Definitely not...but on reflection I have to laugh at this title.

"I almost became a serious Buddhist"

I almost became serious... but decided to follow the ' Middle Path '
Old 11-04-2019, 03:42 PM
janielee

*high fives*

Thanks for the belly laugh, sky!
Old 11-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Suspended

Oh that's good. I was wondering if people laughed at all on this forum
Old 11-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I almost became serious... but decided to follow the ' Middle Path '
yeah fair enough but Reincarnation sobered me up. I don't want to come back as an ant, ardvaak or antelope in the next life. There are some other challen ging beliefs I don't recall right now. But hardcore Buddhism doesn't sound that "moderate" to me.

If you want to just meditate and clear your mind of negativity, then yes, I can understand why people choose it.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:

JL

Do you like or respect any religion members besides Buddhists?