Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 27-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Master
glenos, what they have forgotten is that all the activists are still around.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:01 AM
glenos

Plenty of activists around granted. Wait and see though.. I'll put money on it.
Old 27-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
Once they sell the parcels of forest/land to the highest bidder they absolutely will say that the owners can if they so wish have fox hunting on their bit of turf. This government are a bunch of evil crooks..

Evil ? not sure about that. You need intelligence to be evil. Ignorant, willful, filled with self-importance, arrogant, over-privileged, in-bred, badly educated, dishonest, unethical, unprincipled, ....................................... Get my drift ? Just typical right-wing Tories.
Old 27-01-2011, 01:43 PM
glenos

ho ho ho... all of that and much more..
I am now hearing that the 5 yr "plan" re cormorants is coming to an end and that farmers, fishery officers, tom-****-harry will now be allowed to cull these birds at will. Lets hope not.

G
Old 27-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Master
I have seen one cormorant in my life. So. it's fish eaters they want to cull, is it. Kingfishers, Fish Eagles, Sea birds in general then. Add them to the list which begins with badgers and gamekeepers putting out poisoned bait for Red Kite [ just re-introduced in the North ]. Ends with the Philistines who want to build wind turbines in National Parks. I have no special beef with the turbines or nuclear power stations, providing they build them in Central London - plenty of open space there and the Thames for cooling water.
Old 27-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Anng

Yes I 've done this and passed it on x
Old 27-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Cherub T

Signed and passed it on to as much people as i can think off x
Old 27-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Amethyst

Thank you so much everybody for caring and responding.

Very heartwarming that many from outside the UK wish to protest too.

Just checked the petition count and
273357 have signed so far!

Norseman, what's the next plan of action? Keep us updated!

Blessings, Amethyst x

Old 28-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Master
I think the Ramblers Association set a very good example on Kinder Scout all those years ago. If democratic petitioning fails in the face of bigoted extremist right-wing doctrines, then actions must be more direct. Remember what happened with Thatcher's Poll Tax ?

38Degrees are in need of funds to continue the fight - see link below. Anything thing you can afford. £20000 needed to run adverts in national media. By the way, Forestry workers jobs are under threat and they are planning a protest march in London - no details as yet
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/contri...sor-a-forest-ad
Old 28-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Master
Just had the word that the 20K was donated in 6 hours. Trying now for 40K to scare the MP's ....less over the advert over their breakfast toast. This is becoming the snowball rolling down the mountain !

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/contri...sor-a-forest-ad