Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Taking a Break Taking a Break is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dutch Guyana
Posts: 463
  Taking a Break's Avatar
I would like to experience life without the need of food, don't get me wrong I like food and all sweetness, especially chocolate.
When I'm not hungry I'm so happy and satisfied to consciously breath oxygen.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Rah nam Rah nam is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,400
  Rah nam's Avatar
We all make choices and those choices are simply reflecting the position we are at on our journey.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-05-2019, 04:57 PM
WildHairedWoman WildHairedWoman is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 330
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I think it's counter productive to demonise certain foods. Can make for craving.

Exactly! I agree, there is a trend I have noticed since the 70's of marketing that demonizes one substance that we use every day in order to sell a substitute. The problem is, the substitute is not healthy and the original product in moderation is. in the 70's it was sugar, in the 80's it was fat, in the 90's it was carbs, then it was "gluten", etc. Our body needs sugars and fats and carbs as well as protein to function properly. If you don't have enough fat in your diet you can't think properly.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-05-2019, 08:56 PM
JosephineBloggs JosephineBloggs is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 2,253
  JosephineBloggs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
As the Chinese saying goes, if you grave certain foods, your body had to much of it already.

That's a good saying. I can't get enough cake.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-05-2019, 10:17 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 1,597
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Exactly! I agree, there is a trend I have noticed since the 70's of marketing that demonizes one substance that we use every day in order to sell a substitute. The problem is, the substitute is not healthy and the original product in moderation is. in the 70's it was sugar, in the 80's it was fat, in the 90's it was carbs, then it was "gluten", etc. Our body needs sugars and fats and carbs as well as protein to function properly. If you don't have enough fat in your diet you can't think properly.

It depends on the sugar substitute. Aspartame was widely used and this has been associated with all sorts of health issues. Stevia is a natural substitute for sugar but if you buy it off the shelf it is worth checking the ingredients.

If you are going to eat sugar then the original product in moderation may be healthiest, but unfortunately the sugar in supermarket products is usually processed sugar - pure, white and deadly. I don't understand why food manufacturers have to add sugar to savoury products, even a loaf of bread. The natural sugar-free alternatives are usually much more expensive, so many people end up buying the cheaper version with sugar.

Peace.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-05-2019, 10:20 PM
iamthat iamthat is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Golden Bay, New Zealand
Posts: 1,597
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I would like to experience life without the need of food, don't get me wrong I like food and all sweetness, especially chocolate.
When I'm not hungry I'm so happy and satisfied to consciously breath oxygen.

You may be interested in reading Life from Light by Michael Werner and Thomas Stockli.

Peace.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-05-2019, 11:13 PM
WildHairedWoman WildHairedWoman is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 330
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It depends on the sugar substitute. Aspartame was widely used and this has been associated with all sorts of health issues. Stevia is a natural substitute for sugar but if you buy it off the shelf it is worth checking the ingredients.

If you are going to eat sugar then the original product in moderation may be healthiest, but unfortunately the sugar in supermarket products is usually processed sugar - pure, white and deadly. I don't understand why food manufacturers have to add sugar to savoury products, even a loaf of bread. The natural sugar-free alternatives are usually much more expensive, so many people end up buying the cheaper version with sugar.

Peace.
There is an evil plot afoot. Really, some processed food companies are owned by chemical companies that also own pharmaceutical companies.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-05-2019, 10:41 PM
MissCreativeSpirit MissCreativeSpirit is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Redding
Posts: 859
  MissCreativeSpirit's Avatar
Seriously, "SUGAR is GOOD FOR ME!"
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 13-05-2019, 12:15 AM
Taking a Break Taking a Break is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dutch Guyana
Posts: 463
  Taking a Break's Avatar
Please explain......
Hummingbirds and butterflies love nectar.

Last edited by Taking a Break : 13-05-2019 at 01:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 13-05-2019, 02:27 AM
Rah nam Rah nam is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,400
  Rah nam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Please explain......
Hummingbirds and butterflies love nectar.




Which is very different to sucrose.
When ever one isolates a substance from a food source, like flour, sucrose from beet or cane, one runs into trouble health wise.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums