Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-11-2019, 01:55 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You make some great points, and there are several other reasons to doubt channeled information.

That's why, the only way to find out, is to do channeling yourself, and not put your faith in others' accounts.

[1] You are correct: the channeled message is influenced by the channel's beliefs, expectations, emotions. When done with an audience, the audience's beliefs, expectations, emotions affect in some degree the channeled message too.

Many honest channels full themselves in providing distorted messages because they aren't careful enough to live aside their beliefs, expectations, emotions, and to shield themselves from their audience's influences.

There are also professional channels that do it for profit and / or glory, and sometimes they just make things up for the benefit of their audience.

[2] Karma isn't what most people believe to be. There is a lot of misinterpretation, as it happens with any belief and with the word-of-mouth. It isn't a punishment / reward law. All your thoughts and emotions create thought-forms, that then materialize into situations in your life, and only yours. Those thought-forms remain attached to your entity until neutralized by other thoughts and emotions of yours. That means that they have effect over different incarnations too. The thought-forms you create don't have effect on other entities. Other entities' thought-forms don't have effect on you.

Reincarnation has different contradictory interpretations that result from the distortions of the messages received by those who contacted "the other side", due to all the causes discussed for channeling, as due to our imperfect way of perceiving our reality.

The apparent contradiction between reincarnation and having only one life, as you mentioned, is actually caused by the way we believe reincarnation happens. Each one of us, these us who chat on forums, lives only once. When we die we "wake up" to our own inner-selves, the inner-self (entity) that has multiple incarnations. An analogy: the entity is like a stem with many leaves, each leaf being an incarnation.

Thank you for your response. The only real objection I have to what you wrote is that you talk about only trusting channeled information we received ourselves, but you didn't provide a reason why we should even trust our own channeling if we can't trust that of others. I think even if I do have a channeling experience in the future I probably still will not believe it to be genuinely authentic.

I'm not really sure whether I believe in karma, so I was glad to see a spiritual writer challenge it. The only thing I believe with some conviction is that I can't abide the classic Hindu/Buddhist version of karma. That seems to be the product of the social inequalities of a particular time and place, and doesn't stand up in light of the centuries of knowledge and philosophy accumulated since then.
Old 20-11-2019, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
It was a general observation. Why should I offend anybody who cherishes his beliefs? If you give a specific example and I have an opinion, I might reply.
An example from a tv series I just watched ... A police report stated that a woman with a green coat was seen several times exiting a house were a murder was committed. While a couple of investigators were watching the house of a person of interest, a woman wearing a blue coat exited that house. One of the investigators remarked that the blue coat, under the yellow light of the street lighting, should
appear to be green.

You claimed "They are different interpretations of the same wider reality, distorted differently unintentionally by their original sources, and later more ore less unintentionally by their subscribers."

Your comment did not offend me. I just asked for examples because I see a lot of similarities.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-11-2019, 02:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon
... The only real objection I have to what you wrote is that you talk about only trusting channeled information we received ourselves, but you didn't provide a reason why we should even trust our own channeling if we can't trust that of others. I think even if I do have a channeling experience in the future I probably still will not believe it to be genuinely authentic. ...

I can't be 100% sure where I get my messages from, but I'm sure I'm honest to myself, and I take all the precautions to minimize distortions.

Why should I trust more what another claims? Truth isn't established by majority either.

I recommend you try channeling for yourself, taking all the precautions to minimize distortions.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-11-2019, 03:19 AM
Knower

Quote:
I can't be 100% sure where I get my messages from, but
I recommend you try channeling for yourself, taking all the precautions to minimize distortions.

Not sure how I would do that. But I would just get garbage anyway. Even when I'm trying to meditate I get random voices in my head but they all just talk total nonsense.
Old 20-11-2019, 03:48 AM
Master

I do self-hypnosis. It offers more control and much quicker progress than meditation. You only need a light trance (alpha), and you can achieve it anywhere between immediately and a few minutes.

When channeling you don't hear voices. The information just instantly downloads into your mind, then you verbalize and / or visualize it because that's the way we're thinking.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-11-2019, 03:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
You claimed "They are different interpretations of the same wider reality, distorted differently unintentionally by their original sources, and later more ore less unintentionally by their subscribers."

Your comment did not offend me. I just asked for examples because I see a lot of similarities.

You pick a concept you believe in, or have doubts about, I'll give you my view, if I have one.
Old 20-11-2019, 04:35 PM
Master

You know this is a very interesting topic. In channeling there is an experience. And it came to me what is seen as channeled. What about religion, where did it come from as it to involved messages received. Here I'm talking about antiquity.

Was the formation of religion based on channeled messages. Religion itself an outcome. I've noticed the appearance channeled messages are firmly believed to based on experiencing. Channel messages may therefore not be unique but also has to do with former messages. We call it channeling today. I've noticed a lot of similarity and both deal with spirituality, from the same source?. Many feel religion is wrong which to asks the question of trusting. Is there a purpose to channeling as well. I would think there would be much more agreement among people who channel and communication with the same source.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
You know this is a very interesting topic. In channeling there is an experience. And it came to me what is seen as channeled. What about religion, where did it come from as it to involved messages received. Here I'm talking about antiquity.

[1] Was the formation of religion based on channeled messages. Religion itself an outcome. I've noticed the appearance channeled messages are firmly believed to based on experiencing. Channel messages may therefore not be unique but also has to do with former messages. We call it channeling today. I've noticed a lot of similarity and both deal with spirituality, from the same source?. Many feel religion is wrong which to asks the question of trusting. Is there a purpose to channeling as well. [2] I would think there would be much more agreement among people who channel and communication with the same source.

[1] I believe so ... religions, shamanic practices, myths, ...

[2] The channeled message is filtered through each channel's understanding and beliefs. So, it would be surprising if different channels would come with identical information. They should have some commonalities, and some differences of interpretation. Then, as the knowledge is propagated, it gets a life of its own, changing as people modify it unintentionally, or intentionally.