Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 06-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Seeker
can anyone explain this???

I have been experiencing something very strange which I cannot explain. I have been very thoughtful about it as well as prayerful, but none of my higher powers have revealed to me what is going on.

Recently (in the last year) I have been experiencing what I can only explain as energy vampirism. I have had three people come into my life who I feel utterly drained by. The first was a friend who I would also cuddle with/nap with sometimes. I noticed that after spending more than a few hours with him I began to feel incredibly drained. One time I actually fell asleep and took a nap with him and when I woke up I almost felt sucked dry. I had a lot of anxiety from feeling so incredibly weak and drained of mental power and began to distance myself from him after. I wouldn't say he was particularly clingy or needy, just a massive energy drain.

The next was a boyfriend I had for only about 3 months. I would again feel sucked dry of my energy after spending a day or night together. Spending an entire night sleeping together was especially draining. I eventually broke it off and one big reason was this energy transfer.

The third and most recent is my current boyfriend. We have been together about 8 months. At first I didn't notice anything but now it turns out he is the worst of them all. If energy were blood I feel like I have all but a few drops left after we spend any considerable amount of time together. If it is two or three days I almost feel dead. With him the energy drain is so bad that I have a fuzzy mind and think slowly when I'm with him because my mental energy is sapped. Among the three he does exhibit some off-behavior. He is obsessed with any kind of almost constant body contact, holding my hand, ect. At night I call him the octopus, because he manages to always find his way to my side of the bed in the middle of the night and wrap his extremities around me. I know enough about energy work that he also seems to unknowingly target my energy centers. He always puts his hands on my mid-back (spine), the top of my head, my heart and groin. He also puts his bare feet on top of my feet. It's actually creepy because he does this subconsciously. He will promise to stay on "his side" of the bed at night but in the middle of the night crawls over to me. I have awoken multiple times to find the palm of his hand out flat directly above my head like he is plugged into my crown chakra and sucking me dry. I have tried to talk to him about all this but he just laughs and has no point of reference to energy or metaphysical things. I am white and he is Korean... don't know if that plays into it. Also, all of these men have been shorter and smaller than me.

I wonder if the difference in size and energy levels means I lose my energy and they gain it because science says energy always goes from a higher to lower state. The weird thing is this has never happened to me before and now it has gotten so bad that it is literally interfering with my life. I don't especially want to break up with my current boyfriend but I have no other choice if this continues. Does anyone have any insight into what is going on or what could fix it?! I feel cursed, almost like Rogue from X-men except the exact opposite of her problem. She sucks the energy out where as I get the energy sucked out of me. I just want to know how to explain all of this. Recently I've been reading historical Chinese texts about yin/yang, and qi (vital essence). I get the impression that the wrong combination of elements in two people can end up in a draining dynamic like this. One final note, not sure if it has to do with this, but my grandmother has talked about her grandpa several times to me, that he was some kind of folk healer (from Poland). She said verbatim that when he laid his hands on people they would become healed... one example was when he laid hands on people with broken bones and they became instantly healed.

Any insight/advice/intuition GREATLY appreciated as I feel like I'm being drained of my life.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:43 AM
Newbie ;)

First I would have blood work drawn to make sure you don’t have a mineral deficiency like iron and B vitamins. Seriously. However you say it only occurs when you’re with a boyfriend so energy is zapped ONLY when with a boyfriend I would suggest asking and getting as much information about your healing grandfather from your grandmother. For example, his healing techniques and interference blocking from others. Have you tried healing anything? If not try and see what happens. There are healers in this world and you may be one of them. Good luck and blessings.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Master
Hi evariste,

You are open to the 5th chakra and are beginning to feel the energy around you and from others.

What you are feeling is not energy vampires.

What you are feeling is shared issues from those around you.

If the issue wasn't shared the energy would flow on through non attaching.

If you don't mind me asking. What practices are you currently doing or do you follow a particular tradition?
Old 08-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Seeker
@jonesboy

I am not following a particular religion. I consider myself spiritual, pray to god and angels, and would say I gravitate more toward pagan traditions. I also have quite a few crystals and know a bit about natural health.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:27 AM
Experiencer
It can't be like that directly, that every boyfriend is vampire.

It is maybe more like, that something or someone is manefesting through them that is draining you.

So, don't take it too personal and look beyond.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:37 AM
Seeker
I am thinking that what is actually happening is that the gift my grandpa had is turning on in me and this must be part of it... if someone has anything that needs healing and I'm in the radius, it starts to come out of me to "heal" them. Come to think of it, the second boyfriend's health visibly improved after we were together. and upon further thought, I have revived multiple animals (some wild) that seemed dead/dying by holding them.
Old 22-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by evariste
I am thinking that what is actually happening is that the gift my grandpa had is turning on in me and this must be part of it... if someone has anything that needs healing and I'm in the radius, it starts to come out of me to "heal" them. Come to think of it, the second boyfriend's health visibly improved after we were together. and upon further thought, I have revived multiple animals (some wild) that seemed dead/dying by holding them.
You might want to consider doing some reading on how to utilize energy. Maybe take an energy healing course -- not one of those two day workshops that give you a certificate at the end, but something with a real teacher who offers exercises and support.

I used to teach energy healing; I'm now retired. It's my understanding that healing energy doesn't have to (as in, should not) come from one's personal energy stores. Energy healing, done correctly, is more likely to leave one feeling energized, not drained. Seems to me if what you're experiencing is an awakening of a gift for healing, then you'd do well to learn how to use that gift without it harming you.

Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like some basic info to get you started. I'm happy to share; just want to post a bunch of stuff here in the forum since I don't know if this even interests you.

In any case, please keep us posted as you continue to explore this. =-)
Old 19-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Seeker
Haven't posted to this forum in a while but I have been experiencing the same problem as first posted :( It's been entirely perplexing. I've gotten a lot of feedback here and in another section I posted, but nothing is quite on the money. If I spend more than a few hours around my boyfriend I still feel the symptoms. Maybe I will go into more details... 1) completely drained, like I had almost all of the life force energy sucked out of my being 2) my skin/body feels warm and nervy/irritable, almost like a certain feeling I associate with the flu (sometimes when I get the flu my skin feels nervy and when I take a shower and the water hits my skin it is almost painful... reminds me of that). 3) very un-grounded. I have been earthing and using an earthing mat for over a year and can't live without them now. After being with my boyfriend it is like the opposite feeling of being earthed. I feel a nasty static-y charge, almost like a current was being run through my body all night. Similar feeling to experiencing too many EMFs from cell phone, ect. 4) Mental drain and brainfog. To the extent that I have a difficult time functioning for the remainder of the day after he leaves, and cannot do normal tasks. Also my text messages will become littered with spelling errors. 5) Sometimes it is as if my joints have aged and are somewhat arthritic.... Still asking, what is going on?! I am not buying the emotional/psychological/codependency theory at ALL (@SpiritofZoe, OEN34, happyhorse). I was raised by a mental health therapist, know healthy boundaries, etc. This feel more like a purely energy thing. Interestingly enough I am taking a class on supernatural Chinese literature, and recently there has been a lot of material about this notion they used to have about either women (yin) or ghosts (very yin) sucking the male lifeforce energy (yang) out of the man in the story and killing him or nearly killing him. Sometimes when I've read these stories, they go into great detail about the experience and I'm thinking, "That's me!" hahaha. The catch is, me and my boyfriend are both men :) So according to that theory, would be 2 yang energies and no yin around to drain us. The other thing I've been researching is this notion in traditional Chinese medicine about the unique elemental personalities we each have. I am definitely mostly earth and water. I would say my boyfriend is fire. I don't know how that would make such a huge difference. This is all so "out there" for me. I wouldn't actually believe this stuff unless I was so desperate for an explanation. I am afraid this relationship is literally killing me by slowly draining my lifeforce energy which cannot be replaced. :'( The problem is I can't just throw my boyfriend away, he is such a good guy and loving. I have prayed many times to my "guides" and guardian angel. No clear answer. It's like a "figure it out for yourself" situation.
Old 24-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by evariste
It's like a "figure it out for yourself" situation.
I was wondering about that. Even given that kind of answer from your spirit community (my phrase for "guides"), though, I think the largest part of your answer will still come through meditation.

Doesn't hurt to ask what other think, though; someone might suggest something that resonates, and if you seek the source of the resonance (in meditation) you're likely to find it.

Seems to me what you're dealing with here could be both spiritual and physical, so I want to address a possibility regarding the physical aspects: You might want to take a look at the symptoms associated with autoimmune disease. When the immune system goes awry, all sorts of symptoms crop up akin to what you've been experiencing.

For example, I have a friend with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) who describes nearly identical symptoms to yours in response to a wide variety of items, from perfumes to plastics and many points in between. She can't even leave her home any more. When her husband returns home after going out he has to shower and throw his clothes in the wash immediately, and then try to neutralize anything he's brought home (groceries, for example). I know this doesn't address your energy drain entirely, but it could be a significant component. Could be your boyfriend carries an allergen he's picked up at work or in his home that prompts the severe physical reaction you're experiencing.

How to deal with any immune malfunction is pretty much a trial-and-error process, so if this resonates with you at all you might want to find an online forum where the topic is discussed by people who have such symptoms.

Be aware, though, that autoimmune dysfunction is a highly debated topic. Balance that with awareness that Multiple Sclerosis - an autoimmune disorder - was originally diagnosed as a mental disorder (much like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and MCS used to be -- and still are by doctors who don't keep up with their continuing education requirements), so you'll probably see a lot of pooh-poohing on the subject. It's a lot to wade through, but IF you have some form of autoimmune dysfunction it's well worth the effort to find ways to manage it.

One way to test if your boyfriend is carrying an allergen is to take home a set of his clothes and wash them - and any clothes you were wearing when you picked them up - then, when he comes over, have him seal the clothes he's wearing in a plastic bag, take a shower and put on the clothes you washed for him. With the allergen thus eliminated (or at least reduced) you should see a noticeable reduction in symptoms.

In any case, I wish you the best. Please keep us posted. =-)
Old 25-02-2018, 05:44 AM
Master
I will try to give you a short explanation, regarding your situation. You don't have to answer and you can dismiss it strait away. Does not matter.
I had a look at who and what you are. OK, through out your existence you, that is what you might call your greater Self, you have existed by using the energy of others in order to move forward, increase your vibration, and now you are in front of what I call the density of unity, and can not cross unless you understand all aspects of exists, and you will give it that understanding. That is your purpose.