Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 10-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Guide
Mantra Repetition

_/\_ Namaste,

Video guidance of Mantra repetition. More External is Gross, and more internal is more subtle.

https://youtu.be/dRAuRhXghHA

Here listening to mantra in silence means mantra rise from your mind which you listening internally. don't try to listen which is not rise from your inside or external sound which are not spoken. not rised sound hearing lead to hallucination. while listening what rise from mind internally is mantra cleansing.
Example:

Ram (Hindu God) (Pronounciation like aam)
Old 10-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
_/\_ Namaste,

Video guidance of Mantra repetition. More External is Gross, and more internal is more subtle.

https://youtu.be/dRAuRhXghHA

Here listening to mantra in silence means mantra rise from your mind which you listening internally. don't try to listen which is not rise from your inside or external sound which are not spoken. not rised sound hearing lead to hallucination. while listening what rise from mind internally is mantra cleansing.
Example:

Ram (Hindu God) (Pronounciation like aam)
Namaste.

Thank you for the link, but I follow my own intuition and guidance.

The other day, I was listening to the Shiva Stotrams, when I heard this part of it (again, after many years) and it felt as if my whole body was being shaken like a rag doll:

नमस्ते अस्तु भगवन
विश्र्वेश्र्वराय महादेवाय
त्र्यम्बकाय त्रिपुरान्तकाय
त्रिकालाग्निकालाय
कालाग्निरुद्राय नीलकण्ठाय मृत्युंजयाय
सर्वेश्र्वराय सदाशिवाय
श्रीमन् महादेवाय नम:

Namaste Astu Bhagavan
Vishveshvaraaya Mahaadevaaya
Trayambakaaya Tripurantakaaya
Trikaalaagni - Kaalaaya
Kaalaagni - Rudraaya Nilakantaaya Mrityunjayaaya
Sarveshvaraaya Sadaashivaaya
Sriman Mahadevaaya Namaha.

English:

Oh Lord, salutations to you
Oh Lord of the Universe, Greatest of them all
He who has three eyes (eye of omniscience), he who gives enlightenment which is beyond three (Astral, Physical & Causal) worlds
He who like fire, devours all three times (Past, Present, Future) within himself
Like Time, he who ends everything, like time he who disciplines the world into order, He whose body is vast ( blue like sky, oceans), He who has conquered Yama the Lord of Death/ Time.
Lord of all Beings, Conscousness which is untouched by the world yet everything in the world is because of him.
Oh great Lord, salutations to you

I felt a trance-state coming on as a result, so I let it happen, went into bliss and started chanting this about a week ago...it hasn't stopped!

The Mantra is chanting itself now.

Om Namah Shivay
Old 11-10-2017, 03:10 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

Thank you for the link, but I follow my own intuition and guidance.

The other day, I was listening to the Shiva Stotrams, when I heard this part of it (again, after many years) and it felt as if my whole body was being shaken like a rag doll:

नमस्ते अस्तु भगवन
त्रिकालाग्निकालाय
सर्वेश्र्वराय सदाशिवाय
श्रीमन् महादेवाय नम:

Namaste Astu Bhagavan
Trikaalaagni - Kaalaaya

English:

Oh Lord, salutations to you
Oh Lord of the Universe, Greatest of them all
He who has three eyes (eye of omniscience), he who gives enlightenment which is beyond three (Astral, Physical & Causal) worlds
He who like fire, devours all three times (Past, Present, Future) within himself
Like Time, he who ends everything, like time he who disciplines the world into order, He whose body is vast ( blue like sky, oceans), He who has conquered Yama the Lord of Death/ Time.
Lord of all Beings, Conscousness which is untouched by the world yet everything in the world is because of him.
Oh great Lord, salutations to you

I felt a trance-state coming on as a result, so I let it happen, went into bliss and started chanting this about a week ago...it hasn't stopped!

The Mantra is chanting itself now.

Om Namah Shivay
Awesome Mantra...
When I chant externally, I chant :

Oum Houm Joom Sahha, Oum Bhurbhuv Sahha
Om tryambakaṃ yajāmahe sugandhiṃ puṣṭivardhanam
urvārukamiva bandhanān mṛityormukshīya mā'mritāt
Sahha Bhurbhuv Oum, Sahha joom houm oum.
Old 17-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Knower
Thanks....a good video about the subtler and deeper aspects of Mantra practice.
Old 17-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Thanks....a good video about the subtler and deeper aspects of Mantra practice.
You welcome most. Mantra takes us on transcendental state. couple of chakra meditation uses mantra too.
Old 20-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Knower

Repetition a mantra could be very helpful, but take it a very long time to get the effect. So, by my opinion is much better meditation on the name like it done for example Bhaktiyogis (see Ramakrishna and his vision mother Kali). It brings much faster results.
Old 24-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Knower
The Bhakti stance to Mantra is great I think. In my tradition it is recommended that the Mantra should be repeated with love and faith, if possible.

The sublter effects of mantra, as in the video, may be more relevant as an Awareness, to have, of the effects of mantra repetition.
That the mantra becomes more and more subtle and "Consiousness like", as the time goes by....
as that is the truth...that an alive mantra is essential of the nature of divine Consiousness.
Old 27-10-2017, 03:19 AM
Knower

From my understanding, the word mantra is described by the Sanskrit phrase 'Mananaat trayate iti mantra'. This literally means the constant repetition of a spiritual concept due to a natural force of attraction.

For instance, in the worldly sphere, a person may have just won a trophy. Because this person is so moved by this incident, he constantly recalls the details of his victory over and over again long after the trophy has been won. This repetition, in turn, leads to subconscious reinforcement of a certain tendency. We can extend the same logic to a mantra.

When a spiritual seeker of a certain level, after a certain incident, learns—through either a living spiritual master or an authentic scripture—some teachings that completely destroy his/her delusional pattern of thinking and bring about divine bliss, he/she becomes naturally fixated with those spiritual concepts. This leads to natural repetition of the concepts he/she is attracted to, resulting in subconscious reinforcement of a sacred samskara (subconscious thought/feeling pattern). Eventually, after a certain period of reinforcement, this sacred samskara will go on to replace the other delusional samskaras that are responsible for the misconceived behaviour of the soul and lead to complete transformation.

In this sense, true spiritual knowledge is the answer to all miseries. This is also the reason why Lord Krishna preached that real knowledge burns away all sins (jnaanagni karmaani...Gita) and why Adi Shankara Himself gave prime importance to knowledge (jnaanadeva tu kaivalyam). Keeping this in mind, I'd say that a real mantra calls for two parameters:

1) It should describe a spiritual concept that is of utmost benefit to the soul. The person repeating a certain mantra should, first and foremost, know the meaning of the verses he/she is repeating.

2) The mantra should be repeated over and again due to immense natural attraction to the spiritual concept it describes and not due to the aspiration for any fruit resulting from such repetition (such as siddhis). A student interested passionately in learning the truth of quantum physics will definitely go much ahead than someone who simply aims to score marks in the exam and get done with it. Similarly, a mantra should ideally be repeated due to a natural attraction to the spiritual concept it represents and not due to any kind of benefit that one may hope to get from such repetition.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:45 AM
Master
ॐ तत्पुरुषाय विद्महे महादेवाय धीमहि
तन्नो रुद्रः प्रचोदयात्॥

Om Tatpurushaya Vidmahe Mahadevaya Dhimahi
Tanno Rudrah Prachodayat...

निराकारमोङ्करमूलं तुरीयं
गिराज्ञानगोतीतमीशं गिरीशम् ।
करालं महाकालकालं कृपालं
गुणागारसंसारपारं नतोऽहम् ॥२॥

Niraakaaram-Ongkara-Muulam Turiiyam
Giraa-Jnyaana-Go-[A]tiitam-Iisham Giriisham
Karaalam Mahaakaala-Kaalam Krpaalam
Gunna-[A]agaara-Samsaara-Paaram Nato-[A]ham

अट्टहासभिन्नपद्मजाण्डकोशसंततिं
दृष्टिपातनष्टपापजालमुग्रशासनम् ।
अष्टसिद्धिदायकं कपालमालिकाधरं
काशिकापुराधिनाथकालभैरवं भजे ॥७॥

Atttta-Haasa-Bhinna-Padmaja-Anndda-Kosha-Samtatim
Drsstti-Paata-Nasstta-Paapa-Jaalam-Ugra-Shaasanam
Asstta-Siddhi-Daayakam Kapaala-Maalikaa-Dharam
Kaashikaa-Pura-Adhinaatha-Kaalabhairavam Bhaje

नमस्ते अस्तु भगवन
त्रिकालाग्निकालाय
सर्वेश्र्वराय सदाशिवाय
श्रीमन् महादेवाय नम:

Namaste Astu Bhagavan
Trikaalaagni - Kaalaaya

यज्ञस्वरूपाय जटाधराय
पिनाकहस्ताय सनातनाय ।
दिव्याय देवाय दिगम्बराय
तस्मै य_काराय नमः शिवाय ॥५॥

Yajnya-Svaruupaaya Jattaa-Dharaaya
Pinaaka-Hastaaya Sanaatanaaya
Divyaaya Devaaya Dig-Ambaraaya
Tasmai Ya_Kaaraaya Namah Shivaaya

Followed by all praises to MY guru!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUfRhI4iP8k

Now, I crack my neck...get all of my 'ya ya's' out and go and perform agni hotra, while my eyes pierce the three-worlds and my laugh shakes the whole universe...

Hara Hara Mahadev

Om Namah Shivaya