Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-10-2013, 04:38 AM
IndigoRachel

psychic/mediums

I just wanted to know who all you believe to be a true, one hundred percent medium or psychic. In my opinion, the only REAL medium out there is Theresa Caputo from Long Island Medium. I know someone who got a reading from her and she picked up on something that only the client would know. What she had told nobody else. She also has a lot of beliefs that I agree with. So anyway, like I said, who do you all think is a real medium or psychic? Thanks in advance!

IR
Old 26-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Administrator
Hey IndigoRachel,

Why are you so interested in who is a genuine medium or psychic?.all are psychics but not all psychics are mediums,

Namaste
Old 26-10-2013, 09:32 PM
LadyImpreza1111

It seems like if you are wanting to start a post about mediums (especially ones on TV), that will more than likely start a debate that could get heated. Posts like that have in the past.

It all a matter of opinion. Opinion alone does not confirm or deny that someone is legit.
Old 26-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Master
I am glad you brought up this subject. To me, the one who has the best understanding of why things happen, what they mean and can put them in a framework for people to understand (and not just be frightened) is Kim Russo.

Currently she has a show called "The Haunting Of..." where she takes the (self-reported) experiences of people (usually stars) that were unresolved and are still disturbing, and goes back to the location in order to put into context the experience, what they were to learn, giving them closure, finally. Not only is she the real deal, but she is helping people understand what they have experienced--years and years after it has happened.

Lisa Caputo is real but, IMO, there are many psychics who may interact at the astral level but understand very little beyond that. Lisa is a simple person and relays the information to anyone (anywhere). Her heart is in the right place. There are many levels of psychics.

John Edward was my first introduction to mediums. I respect what he does but mediums need to grow as well. How long will he continue giving readings to people will loved-ones passed on? Yes, he is helping, I just question whether he is growing spiritually too.

[I know--this sounds hyper-critical. I'm just sayin' that, to me, in order to be effective, a medium has to understand the framework within which spirit works and the intentions--and to keep growing with what they do. ]

One TV psychic that bugs the **** out of me is Amy Adams (?I think). Everyone she encounters (or those stories that are drawn to her?) are very dark entities--hurtful, scary, mean. She makes all kinds of (unnecessary) facial gestures, mouth contortions--as she is reading. It's very distracting and I just feel that if someone like Kim Russo read the same scene that Amy did, she wouldn't be saying "This is a very bad guy."--but would just state the case as to what this entity was about. In short, I feel she has her own issues with darkness that invade her readings.

Again, I know this is sounding very harsh--but I do think you have to be discriminating about what kind of energy you let provide you with info. If it's just gonna provide more reason for fear, they are not doing the best they can with their spiritual gifts--IMO.

Lora
Old 26-10-2013, 11:13 PM
pgrundy

I agree about Amy Adams. Ack.

I used to read James Van Praagh's books and thought, wow, this is amazing. Then I saw him work and it seemed so cheesy and fake. I felt like I'd been had and now I'm (a bit) less gullible.

Recently had a reading at Lily Dale, and while it really was helpful, it didn't clear up what I came there for. Also, I didn't leave feeling like 'wow that was totally real' or 'wow that was totally fake'. Didn't have either reaction, but I did feel the reading helped me. There was lots in that seemed off, but the feeling I was left with was very healing.

I understand the caution about mediums. Where I live, you can actually get arrested for it, which I think is a terrible overreaction.
Old 26-10-2013, 11:38 PM
Master
pgrundy--

Yes, I feel the same way about James Van Praagh. When I heard his bio, that he was a broadcast and communication major wishing to get on TV, it made me feel that he decided that spirituality would be where he made that happen.

He may have had a few real experiences in childhood,and then went to the church. I suppose over the years he has developed some skills. I do "know" people who believe in him (Chelsea Handler--not one you might expect), but I do feel a real sleazeball aspect to him. Something about him is slightly slimy.

In Michigan you can get arrested for being a fake psychic? Progressive state!

Lora
Old 27-10-2013, 12:11 AM
IndigoRachel

haha, wow, interesting takes on this subject ;) the only psychics ive heard of are sylvia browne (fake as pamela andersons upper area), john edward (not sure about him) and Theresa Caputo (the one i mostly gravitate toward). You can seriously get arrested for being a fake psychic in michigan?! lol!
Old 27-10-2013, 12:34 AM
pgrundy

You can get arrested for being a REAL psychic in West Michigan, the area where I live. The ordinance isn't enforced much, but a couple of years ago two women just 20 minutes north of me who owned a new age bookstore got 'busted' by local police for selling readings. At first I couldn't believe that happened, so I did some research and yep, illegal here.

I think it's kind of a holdover form a time when gypsies would travel through and remove curses for a price or what not, but even that seems, I don't know, like an overreaction. I mean, faith healers don't get arrested.

I thought for awhile I would do readings for a reasonable charge instead of hundreds of dollars a pop. Then I saw what happened to those poor girls and I thought, hmmm... guess not.

It's ok. Doing readings can be really draining although I think I give good ones.
Old 27-10-2013, 12:36 AM
pgrundy

BTW, I think that very flashy mediums and/or psychics are deliberately traveling a dangerous road for money, and it creeps me out. I think over time they are changed by that decision, and not in a good way. :(
Old 27-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrundy
BTW, I think that very flashy mediums and/or psychics are deliberately traveling a dangerous road for money, and it creeps me out. I think over time they are changed by that decision, and not in a good way. :(

Whom would you classify as "flashy mediums"? I can't think of one. Does David Copperfield count?

L