Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
as far as i know our lives are planned ahead of time, paths chosen, no one incarnates without purpose however we don't cons chose anything. your life is courtesy of your higher self and possibly even other beings. I have difficulty understanding why an innocent child would have to suffer to teach someone else their lessons.

Rosewater, it is the highest offering of love from one soul to another and on the other side it is accepted as such.NO ONE is forced into a body or situation . We choose the best vehicle and circumstance to come into to To learn lessons that had not been learned last timeadvance our souls.
Old 24-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Master
I'm not sure about that summer, i've read plenty of afterlife death accounts etc, people are told/forced to come back. I was told myself i agreed to complete certain karma in this time, it wasn't my idea. I'd like to believe we are the sole creators of our reality not just co-creators but how can anyone say for sure.
Old 24-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Baldr44

No one is truly forced to experience another life, what would be gained from that? Some are urged to come back to repay certain karmic debt or should I say strongly recommended. No one is ever forced to do anything

If you are speaking about near death experiences, thats another story. Even then there is no force used, just sent back. There are often reasons why people are not allowed to stay in that situation. You see those who are in the realms can see the future as they (and we) experience the past, present and future in this very moment. We as humans have a sort of amnesia when it comes to the spiritual life. We should know but most are too in touch with the ego mind and not in the higher mind.
Old 24-03-2011, 07:16 PM
spirit72

I think we do map our lives out before we touch earth... this includes illness that we may have been born with...with regards illness that we get during our life time, I believe it is a learning, and as hard as it is, there are valuable lessons to learn from it... and beautiful things to find on the way to recovery, it is the way I have become to understand my own illness.
Old 24-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldr44
No one is truly forced to experience another life, what would be gained from that? Some are urged to come back to repay certain karmic debt or should I say strongly recommended. No one is ever forced to do anything

If you are speaking about near death experiences, thats another story. Even then there is no force used, just sent back. There are often reasons why people are not allowed to stay in that situation. You see those who are in the realms can see the future as they (and we) experience the past, present and future in this very moment. We as humans have a sort of amnesia when it comes to the spiritual life. We should know but most are too in touch with the ego mind and not in the higher mind.

the ones i read about they were told they weren't allowed to stay, if there is truly free will why wouldn't they be able to even if other beings know better? ulitmately isn't that the soul's choice?

Ego is usually the result of trauma/conditioning that the soul "chose"

ultimately how can anyone truly know unless they try to disengage from the process itself?
Old 25-03-2011, 12:37 AM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
the ones i read about they were told they weren't allowed to stay, if there is truly free will why wouldn't they be able to even if other beings know better? ulitmately isn't that the soul's choice?

Ego is usually the result of trauma/conditioning that the soul "chose"

ultimately how can anyone truly know unless they try to disengage from the process itself?

Hi Rose! Nice to talk with you again

Everyone always says you get to choose whether you stay in the spirit realms or return to the earth plane, but my friend Dannion says nobody gave HIM a choice... they slam dunked him right back in his body with instructions for the mission they'd assigned and admonished him to carry out here! He did NOT want to come back! Not one little bit! He was given no say in the matter, and if he HAD been, as he puts it, "You and I would not be havin this conversation...!"

So I don't know. I believe Dannion's experience was real, and that he is telling the truth. The beings he encountered in the spiritual realms did not ask him what he wanted, they ORDERED him back!
Old 25-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Master
hello light! <3 that's terrible!
Old 25-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Merlin6

Star-child,

There may be several reasons why a soul would incarnate into such a body, one being that by doing so the entity may more rapidly gain ground on past karma, having neglected to do so in previous incarnations. Another may be to the benefit of the people/parents caring for such a person, in that it can teach them lessons of love and caring. But whatever the reason, the choice is made by the incoming entity for a specific purpose by the exercise of their own free will and/or with the help of their guide/s.

I remember a past life as a small boy, crippled in one leg, living in a small shack on the american plains. My purpose in that life was to be the object of my parents love and caring so that they may learn from it, not so much for my own benefit, although that was there too. I spent most of my time sitting on the front porch looking out across the prairie. I did not survive long into my teens.

Lessons of the physical can only be learned by being in the physical, for man only learns what he has experienced. God doesn't inflict these things on souls; souls choose the experience to assist in their spiritual growth.

No one is forced into these conditions. Your guide/s and your own self judgement may convince you that this is the best course of action for you at that particular time in your development, but free will is paramount. There are other systems available for souls to progress without entering or completing the earth experience, and these may take much longer, but the earth plane is said to be the fastest. (albeit painful at times). And even with NDE's, no one is 'ordered back'. They are given the choice. They can continue on back to the spirit plane or return and complete the work they started in the physical. Sometimes it takes a lot of convincing, but the choice is still there.

That said, I would be interested in hearing more of Dannion's experience mentioned in post #26 from LightFilledHeart. It is the only time I have ever encountered a circumstance where a soul was 'ordered' to return. This is not in keeping with the body of knowledge which makes up the lore of reincarnation, and if it is true then I will have to rearrange my thinking on this aspect, and so will a lot of other people.

I agree with the comments of Healinglight77, Earthprowler, LightFilledHeart, Baldr44, Summerland, Shabda, Spirit72, and Rosewater, and applaud them for their insights and knowledge.

Regards
Merlin6
Old 25-03-2011, 04:50 AM
pre-dawn

What would the difference be between chosing to be born with some disability and self-harming?
A system that allows the deliberately crippling of human beings is offensive to me. To justify such thing because it teaches others something is double offensive. Are the powers that be so bereft in their ideas that they have to use human beings in the worst possible manner in order to teach others a lesson or two?
Old 25-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
What would the difference be between chosing to be born with some disability and self-harming?
A system that allows the deliberately crippling of human beings is offensive to me. To justify such thing because it teaches others something is double offensive. Are the powers that be so bereft in their ideas that they have to use human beings in the worst possible manner in order to teach others a lesson or two?
maybe it's you that is bereft?? such is karma, some folks like to make such an excuse, when the fact of it is, that the "victim" made the choice to go through it themselves when they first victimized another, free will, every single one of us creates our own pain for ourselves, its just as simple as that...when someone does something bad to another, they bring that same act upon themselves in their own future, the powers that be arent bereft, it is we that are...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi