Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-12-2019, 10:50 PM
Experiencer
Please forgive my tendency to overstate things. I get very excited about this.
Also I think I have a tendency to get scared. It’s frightening to just go one on one with God. I don’t know why. It shouldn’t be. It should be the most reassuring thing in the world. I can’t explain it, but when I feel myself getting closer to God I want to talk to somebody about it. Maybe it’s a form of escapism. Maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s just a desire to share something beautiful. I don’t know. Overstatement is my weakness. I feel like it can’t be overstated, because it’s so good.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:04 PM
Experiencer
Maybe it’s because I think that God belongs to everybody, or that people know God better than I do. So I want to talk to them, first, or instead. Maybe I think it’s safer to talk to people than directly to him. I must be out of my mind to think that way. I don’t know. I think I need to be content with my direct connection with him, or it. Maybe that’s what I need to do.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:32 PM
Experiencer
One thing for sure is that I have a lot of emotions about this. Some of it is between me and him and some of it is between me and the people that I talk to about this.
I sure don’t want to shut down this process.
It’s like you have to yield to that higher power.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt
Please forgive my tendency to overstate things. I get very excited about this.
Also I think I have a tendency to get scared. It’s frightening to just go one on one with God. I don’t know why. It shouldn’t be. It should be the most reassuring thing in the world. I can’t explain it, but when I feel myself getting closer to God I want to talk to somebody about it. Maybe it’s a form of escapism. Maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s just a desire to share something beautiful. I don’t know. Overstatement is my weakness. I feel like it can’t be overstated, because it’s so good.
I just wish I had as much passion about my faith as you do. It is very inspiring, so carry on.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:54 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt
Maybe it’s because I think that God belongs to everybody, or that people know God better than I do. So I want to talk to them, first, or instead. Maybe I think it’s safer to talk to people than directly to him. I must be out of my mind to think that way. I don’t know. I think I need to be content with my direct connection with him, or it. Maybe that’s what I need to do.

Amen Curt,

The integrity of His grace for us as sinners is beyond this world's comprehension and of all the things that were hoped for.

Knowing He's filled you to the core of your heart for whats been lost for so long is like open heart surgery without the need of an anesthetic!

From my own personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, I'm grateful to suggest that He is the final authority over our existing life until the very end and the life to come. Full stop!

Once you've given your life to Jesus, there is no going back! Why would you want to go back to a life of walloping around in the world's pig pen of corruptible greed, deceptions and illusions of filth and sinful living! Just like Lots wife looked back on the city of Sodom and was turned into a pillar of salt.

Well, it can be just as dramatic for most Christians today! However, God has an ultimate plan for your life as you are a new seedling that's just taken root, you'll grow steadily in Christ with a yearning for His superior knowledge. You'll crave a spiritual appetite and hunger after His word on a regular basis. You will no doubt go through certain trials and your faith will eventually be tested by those not only close to you, but also those not known to you.

A wise brother in Jesus once said: When you first come to the knowledge of Christ, that's when all your troubles will start! Phew, I could write a best selling novel if it wasn't for that phrase.

"And a man's foes shall the they of his own household." (Matt 10:36)

Don't be alarmed Curt, your new found life is now solely in God's hands and He alone shall make everything right.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Prov 3:5-6)
Old 05-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Experiencer
I’m so happy that I’m making progress on this.

For the first time I heard God saying something to me. He said, “What, don’t you like me?”
Old 05-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I just wish I had as much passion about my faith as you do. It is very inspiring, so carry on.
Wow, Shivani, thank you.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Experiencer
Lol. You are bad. :P
Old 05-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Experiencer
You’ve got to deal with whatever issues you’ve got. That’s what I’m figurin’.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Experiencer
I didn’t realize it but I have issues with God.
Wasn’t there something in the Bible where Jacob wrestled with the angel of God or something?